Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom WA destination Frostwrought Peak BETA (requires NRaas Traveler)

Frostwrought Peak

Are your witches and fairies and alchemists looking for a new place to holiday? Well, if you use NRaas Traveler mod then now is their chance. This world is designed exclusively as a travel destination, it's not built as a homeworld although I may make a repurposed homeworld version eventually. It has three small tombs, and a small tribe of odd, icy fairies.

Specs:

Size: Small
Assignment: Vacation (meaning it does not show on the main worlds menu, only the travel menu)
Lots: Base Camp, Graveyard, Elixir Store, Supernatural Hangout, Arboretum, Academy, Non-Player Sims Resident x2, Purchasable Vacation Home Lot.
Requires: All EPs and SPs up to Supernatural except for Master Suite, Sweet Treats, and Diesel.
Store: Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (aka The Cow Plant) (It claims to require others but I didn't place them and I checked with custard to be sure they're not attached to the world file).
Recolours: The base game mushroom trees have a slight recolouring on them. They are not CC, but an image they reference is customised inside the world file.

BETA Download

Known Issues:

I've tested the world a LOT with both NRaas mods and some CC and also extensively with only NRaas Traveler and Overwatch installed.
    Due to the height differences the camera can take some getting used to around the mountain, but it is manageable.
    Once or twice during testing some bookshelf doors have broken, but this seems to be resolved now. (SN's bookshelf doors do NOT work if placed in tomb rooms, or leading into tomb rooms. They're completely incompatible. Grr.)
    Mushroom textures cache, so if you travel from Lunar Lakes or any world with mushroom trees you'll find the mushrooms in Frostwrought Peak are their default blueish colour unless you save and reload the game. In which case the red coloured mushrooms will be in the caches and follow you back when you return home. :P
    I worked really hard on some beautiful fantasy clouds for this world, but until the Seasons patch there's a general error where clouds often don't load. If you see the clouds, you got lucky. ^_^

Recommended Settings if Using NRaas

Register

>Allow Resident Assignment> True
>Allow Tourists> False
>Animal Control> All values = 0 (although sometimes I play with Racoons at 6)
>Paparazzi> Allow Paparazzi> False

Traffic
>All settings that allow vehicles off
>Allow use of cars during general routing> False
>Always use taxis for inactives lacking vehicles> False

Screenshots:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/walruskeeper/Screenshot-38_zps0f373c0f.jpg "height=360" "width=640"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/walruskeeper/Screenshot-37_zps90667fb2.jpg "height=360" "width=640"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/walruskeeper/Screenshot-10_zps36de48ac.jpg "height=360" "width=640"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/walruskeeper/Screenshot-11_zpsa1522e31.jpg "height=360" "width=640"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/walruskeeper/Screenshot-19_zps5b3dc54b.jpg "height=360" "width=640"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/walruskeeper/Screenshot-23_zps291bacb9.jpg "height=360" "width=640"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/walruskeeper/Screenshot-32_zps72e30b22.jpg "height=360" "width=640"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/walruskeeper/Screenshot-34_zpsea221dc6.jpg "height=360" "width=640"[/IMG]

Comments

• Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited September 2012
    May I just say that this is really beautiful!
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited September 2012
    It's really cool! I might just use it as a winter world, my sims aren't witches/wizards/alchemists/etc.
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited September 2012
    Your worlds are always amazing, and this isn't an exception :D Great work so far!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi :mrgreen:

That is just too cool! Awesome work- love it. :thumbup:
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited September 2012
    This looks amazing! I've been meaning to try the Traveller mod so am off to download it. :D
  • SamerTimSamerTim Posts: 899
    edited September 2012
    AWESOME!!!! I love abstract worlds :D *downloads*
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    edited September 2012
    Very very pretty. :)
  • citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited September 2012
    Wow! Beautiful...downloading now... :shock:
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited September 2012
    So creative & beautiful!! :mrgreen:
  • tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thanks guys. I especially want to know how balanced you feel the tomb gameplay is. I think the library tomb is good and challenging. The other two are quite a lot easier.
  • MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited September 2012
    This is a stunning vacation world tea_and_blues!

I'm adding the NRaas Traveler, Register and Traffic mods this evening and I'll be sending my Sims on holiday this weekend.

Thank you so much for adding the recommended Register and Traffic settings :D

**I hit submit before adding...And thank you for sharing your World :mrgreen:
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • thetideschangingthetideschanging Posts: 250 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Wow this is an incredible little world! I really like that castle atop the hill.
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited September 2012
    It's still looking really, good!

No you have me intrigued! Lol, I wanna know what those clouds look like!
    I don't use mods, so I can't use this world, but I still can say that it looks excellent! And it still reminds me very much of the creations that can be seen in Spore: Galactic Adventures!
    edited September 2012
    So far I've tried the libaray and the tower tombs. For the tower tomb I can't access the top room treasures and the libaray I'm stuck at the part when you have to step on the four differnt foot tiles (green and purple lights) and I can't figure it out. Can I have the solutions plz? :mrgreen:
    edited September 2012
    It's a shame you don't use mods, Bun. NRaas mods like Traveler fix so many major EA bugs (like the UI bouncing when you travel, etc). I'm looking forward to reading about Castlepoint later today.

SamerTim, I left you that information on your page. :)
  • MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited September 2012
    OMG! I love this!!! You are an extremely clever tomb builder Ms tea_and_blues.

Never give up...back to my game :D
    a.k.a. - Linda
    edited September 2012
    It's a shame you don't use mods, Bun. NRaas mods like Traveler fix so many major EA bugs (like the UI bouncing when you travel, etc). I'm looking forward to reading about Castlepoint later today.

SamerTim, I left you that information on your page. :)
    Thank You! But it seems asthough the tomb glitched/bugged in my game. Again I'll like to say thank you for this creation. It is amazing and so are you :mrgreen:

Today I was browsing some worlds and found this:
    http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=myskyring&logNo=140166286786&redirect=Dlog
    Its kinda like your world and I'd thought you might like it. I've yet to try it but it looks awesome. Happy simming :D
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for this info SamerTim. What's not working? This is a BETA, so I need to know exactly what's wrong so I can fix it or retest it. :)
  • SimExpertJaredSimExpertJared Posts: 865 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Love the castle and the layout of the whole island! Well thought out!
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for this info SamerTim. What's not working? This is a BETA, so I need to know exactly what's wrong so I can fix it or retest it. :)
    I tried pressing the foot switches (did a ton of different combos) and the two green lights light up perfectly, but nothing happens. It didn't trigger anything for me :( Some thing with the castle roof doors. I went in and out of the doors but still the tomb trap at the top was on and disarmable. I hope this helped. If you need me to clarify anything more feel free to ask away :)
    edited September 2012
    Has everyone else had the same issues with the tombs as SamerTim? I'm wondering if some of the settings have not saved and transferred to other installations. They are working at my end.
  • EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    edited September 2012
    Wow, this looks quite amazing. :shock:
  • PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited September 2012
    This is so beautiful..! Would you please, please, please share more pictures....? :shock:
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."