March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited August 2020
    Super cute house. I love the use of the archways for the foundation in the front.
    Thank you @60smusicluvr . Glad you think the archways look good because I was hesitant about leaving them, lol. :)

illusie wrote: »
    Very beautiful house <3 I love the colour you choose for the exterior
    Thanks @illusie. My requester asked for a light mint green for the exterior, so I can't take credit for the choice, lol. :)

suzses wrote: »
    Love the pastels, inside and out, in this pretty home. I really like the mid-house porch area that's a little private and shaded and sets the kitchen and bath off from the rest of the house. The ground-level work area near the garden is a nice touch, too.
    @suzses, Thank you! Yes, I thought it was odd in the floor plan how the kitchen and bath are separated, but I do like the little veranda that's inbetween. I found that the layout was quite common for this era. :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Gorgeous home Sandy! I too like the arches in the front. I did some googling on that style and seems to me alot of them either had an arch or something framed it in an arch style. I like the secluded porch in the middle too but living in Kansas I keep thinking about having to run outside in the middle of winter just to take a bath! LOL
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    The Queenslander is such a superb and wonderful build, love all the pastel shades :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Gorgeous home Sandy! I too like the arches in the front. I did some googling on that style and seems to me alot of them either had an arch or something framed it in an arch style. I like the secluded porch in the middle too but living in Kansas I keep thinking about having to run outside in the middle of winter just to take a bath! LOL
    @romagi1 , thank you. Yes, when I was googling pictures I saw alot of that arched look underneath the house too, and using that arch was the best I could come up with. And I agree, I sure wouldn't want to have to go outside to get to the bathroom either, lol. :)

masajo wrote: »
    The Queenslander is such a superb and wonderful build, love all the pastel shades :)
    Thank you @masajo. I struggle with pastels so it's nice to know that the colors look good. :)

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited September 2020
    As always your lots are gorgeous! In case you don't see my post on your page

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9028013#
    I downloaded this lot from your studio, its absolutely gorgeous.But I seem to have an issue with the stairs.My sims can't go up to the 3rd level.Would you happen to know why? They just stomp their feet.I don't even know how to fix it without changing the look and I love it the way it is.
    edited September 2020
    @GraceyManor, Thank you very much for such nice comments!

And I apologize for not seeing your message on my Mypage; unfortunately I've gotten out of the habit of checking it, lol. So thank you for posting it here.

It's been a few years since I built it, but now that you bring it up, I do remember that the spa column that I used near the top of the stairs had to be moo'ed there because with it snapped in place, I think it may have caused routing issues. So in case the column got accidentally nudged slightly, I would try moving it out of the way first and then see if your sim can go up. And if that's the issue, then just carefully put it slightly to the left of the stairs, or just get rid of it altogether, lol.

But I just tested my sim and he didn't have any issues going up to the 3rd level (see picture in spoiler). Hope this helps, and let me know if that's what it was. :)
    eXOZDaV.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited September 2020
    I tried and it didn't work, then I tried the railing and that worked.For some reason my sim didn't like to use the stairs with railings.XD Thank you for looking into it for me.I really love the home! Its so nice and cozy! I adore the color schemes and layout!
    edited September 2020
    @GraceyManor , Well that's really weird!

t1818.gif

Glad you were you able to get your sim to use them though, maybe you'll be able to add them back on and check again. :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Sandraelle

Beautiful build and with a little change of color towards the tropics it will be transported to my IP world :) Thank you for another wonderful build :)
    edited September 2020
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle

Beautiful build and with a little change of color towards the tropics it will be transported to my IP world :) Thank you for another wonderful build :)

@SPARKY1922 , Good to see you here, and thank you very much. I'm glad that you'll be able to use it in your IP world with a few color tweaks. Might need to change up the decor a bit, lol. :)
    edited November 2020
    LAS COLINAS
    50x50 residential lot built in Lucky Palms at 52 Golf Links Lane
    9/20/2020

NOTE: For an architectural effect, I put a shelf above the door that leads into the courtyard. For anyone who downloads this house, you may want to remove the shelf, otherwise sims won't use that door because I guess the shelf is in the way. They can however, get into the courtyard with the side gate near the garage door. Sorry for any inconvenience, but I didn't think to test this particular door since my sim was able to go in and out of the house ok.

~ DOWNLOAD

~ PICTURES

This was a DNA request for @justbrice for a home for his male sim and his potential roommates based on a real life home that he provided (see the below spoiler). He requested for the entire home (including all the bedrooms) to be furnished with whites, grays and dark woods throughout. The bedrooms can easily be converted to some kids' bedrooms if needed.

The house is 2-story with an entrance courtyard, a 2-car garage and a 1-bay garage that is being used as a gym. It has a 2-story tall living room with fireplace, a formal dining room, large kitchen with an eat-in area, a lounge room with a bar and fireplace, an art studio, an office with fireplace, a game room and 6 bedrooms and 4-1/2 bathrooms. Outdoors is a bbq with seating, a pool with hot tub, a fire pit and a golf range. Everything is upgraded as usual. See full request here.

1N0TZFI.jpg

Inspiration photo and floor plan layout (with the floor plan being flipped to match the exterior of the home).
    37tIV0y.jpg

rOjC9Ak.jpg

Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Wow, Los Colinas is stunning @Sandraelle . It’s evident how much work went into this build Sandy, and you did such a great job reflecting the inspiration home. Beautifully decorated inside and out and I love your use of the paintings to give it those pops of colour. Well done! 🌸🌟
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Las Colinas is a very lovely home! :) You have reflected the inspiration home so very well! The exterior looks just like it! Very lovely interior furnishings! The white and grey colours and dark wood textured furnishings to reflect the request look very nice! You have used the colours well! It is a very detailed and lovely build! Very nice and stylish furnishing of each of the bedrooms. Very beautiful pool, water fountain, bar, loungersL hot tub and outdoors dining patio! The firepit area is lovely also! The golf range is great! Very nice gym garage.
    It is a very nice home for room mates :)
  • justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    @Sandraelle, Thank you so much for taking the time to build this lot. It really does make it difference when you flip the floor plan for the interior of the house. I can tell how much work you put into it. I like it a lot.
    Thank you so much @soocoolsim, @rosemow and @justbrice. :):):) Appreciate all of your nice comments.
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Beautiful work on Las Colinas, dear @Sandraelle <3 You recreated it very well in Sims version.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Sandraelle You've done a wonderful job on this build. It has great curb appeal - love the landscaping - and the pool area and rest of the backyard area are lovely. Love the pattern you used on the large planters by the pool - makes them look like pineapples (maybe I'll have to steal that sometime). The paintings, plants and other bits of color in the decor really stand out nicely with the neutral colors of the interiors. I like that you were able to make each bedroom unique even though they all use the same color scheme and overall style.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Las Colinas is a fantastic recreation of the inspiration home, very beautiful work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Beautiful work on Las Colinas, dear @Sandraelle <3 You recreated it very well in Sims version.

@AIRIS6962 , thank you very much Inma! :)<3
    suzses wrote: »
    @Sandraelle You've done a wonderful job on this build. It has great curb appeal - love the landscaping - and the pool area and rest of the backyard area are lovely. Love the pattern you used on the large planters by the pool - makes them look like pineapples (maybe I'll have to steal that sometime). The paintings, plants and other bits of color in the decor really stand out nicely with the neutral colors of the interiors. I like that you were able to make each bedroom unique even though they all use the same color scheme and overall style.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my thread and give me such nice feedback @suzses!! Yes, it was a challenge trying to make every bedroom different and was glad I could add in the sim paintings for some color. :)<3
    masajo wrote: »
    Las Colinas is a fantastic recreation of the inspiration home, very beautiful work :)

Thank you so much @masajo!! Glad you liked the recreation. :)<3
    edited October 2020
    THE SILVERWOOD
    40x40 residential lot built in Moonlight Falls at 89 Horseshoe Bend
    10/16/2020

~ DOWNLOAD

~ PICTURES

This was a DNA request from @KatNip for a Moonlight Falls family home with specific ideas for the kids' bedrooms. It was creator's choice, so I settled on a craftsman styled home. It features 4 bedrooms and 3-1/2 baths with the living room, dining room, kitchen, master, laundry, powder room, and sun room on the main level. Upstairs are two bedrooms (one for a girl and one for a boy), a study and a space for the parents to share who are into art and music. The basement level consists of a grunge style teen girl bedroom and a parents lounge area with a bar, bubble bar and tv area. The requester wanted it to have a lived-in look so tried to add lots of clutter. They also requested for the backyard to just have space so that they could add in their own items as needed. The back does have a covered porch with a bqq and a patio area with seating and a hot tub. Everything is upgraded as usual. See full request here.

8rPGt45.jpg
    Beautiful new build for Moonlight Falls, absolutely love the interior design :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    The Silverwood is a lovely craftsman style family home for Moonlight Falls! :)Very nice exterior design, roof covered wraparound porch, great hot tub,chess and outside dining patio, and the color complements with the world very well! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The design and layout of each room is very nice! The bedrooms are very nicely done, and they reflect so very well what the requester wanted them to be like! The basement area with the bubbles bar, tv watching area and a bar is lovely!
    It is a very nice family home! :)
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    This turned out sooo good! Thank you so much! I’m so excited to pop it ingame and play when I have the time. 💖💖

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top