Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited November 2012
    You have really thought of so many details in this build, combining modern sleekness and trendiness with older historic touches. And all throughout elegance really streams through everywhere. :) It was so very good to read about all the different rooms/areas and your story/reasons behind choosing those particular furnishings/layout of the room/ materials. It is a really great guided tour of it. The colours you have used really fit the build. great work with making the basement a gym fitness centre/games area. Sophistication is so much a part of this buld. Great build...and I am sure there will be many tenants clamouring to live there! :)
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited November 2012
    This looks just beautiful, Sandraele! Loved your storytelling, loved the hip and chic decor!

Rec'ing now!

T

Thanks so much Taryn! I'm glad you think it's hip and chic, as that is the look I was going for. Sometimes it's hard for me to get the decorating styles just right; what I start out with in my head doesn't always translate in the end. And thanks for the rec! :-)
    edited November 2012
    rosemow wrote:
    You have really thought of so many details in this build, combining modern sleekness and trendiness with older historic touches. And all throughout elegance really streams through everywhere. :) It was so very good to read about all the different rooms/areas and your story/reasons behind choosing those particular furnishings/layout of the room/ materials. It is a really great guided tour of it. The colours you have used really fit the build. great work with making the basement a gym fitness centre/games area. Sophistication is so much a part of this buld. Great build...and I am sure there will be many tenants clamouring to live there! :)

Thank you for the lovely comments Rose. The building challenge was to build a condo/apartment for a single female sim who was house hunting and wanted marble floors and space for entertaining, so I had fun creating the story to go along with it. I kind of went overboard on the marble touches though, lol. I really enjoyed learning about how to build an apartment using an existing shell building and would like to try another one some day. Thanks again!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2012
    Lovely condo. It is definitely luxurious! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited November 2012
    Wow I love this!!! You really know what you are doing! :D
  • Brighten11Brighten11 Posts: 423 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Very nice work! Rec'd
    edited November 2012
    Thanks so much Yanti, Kryst and Brighten for the nice comments and for the recs! :D
    edited February 15
    MAHOGANY MODERN BEACH HOME, Residential lot, 35x25, 11/19/12

Unfortunately, my studio became full and had exceeded the quota limit, so had to start deleting some of my studio items - this is one of them. :(

I actually started building this small beach home in Sunlit Tides awhile back and never finished it because I stopped to build for the House Hunters Condo contest by Seascape and the Color my World contest by Faith_Andhope. I finally finished it last week and am just now getting around to posting it here. This modern home has just 1 BDR/1BA and fits a bachelor sim best with it's masculine feel of orange and grey decor. It also has a covered parking spot, a small but separate laundry room and an enclosed sun porch. The sun porch has two walls of windows to take in the views and a place to work out in. The landscaped backyard will keep your bachelor sim happy with a BBQ, fountain, pool and hottub. The bedroom also has a private entrance that leads to the pool. Hope you like.

[Images had to be deleted (due to Photobucket), and haven't replaced them yet.
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    edited November 2012
    Great Beach home :) Very nicely furnished to suit a bachelor Sim. Great use of the grey and deep orange shades of colour. I really like the way you have done the sunroom with the treadmill and the stereo and the long window to look out through. Very nicely done outdoors area with the pool area and fountain, and i like the covered over hot tub. Good choice of plants/flowers in particular parts of the build. Great :)
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited November 2012
    Lovely beach home. I love the colourful modern interior, that gives it a hip vibe. Rec'd.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited November 2012
    Carrington Court Condos is just beautiful; you do posh very well, and I’m totally in love with the blacks and pinks! And the architecture of Mahogany Modern gives it a very striking look; my fave parts are the sun room and the platform hot tub. Great work on both builds; a big reach for each! :)
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited November 2012
    Cool! Nice retro beach home with cool modern interiors! Everything looks updated and swanky!

Rec'd!

T
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the nice comments and the recs, walkingstick, star & taryn! I appreciate it.
    edited November 2012
    Nice modern build Sandraelle! I like how you have used the windows from the Lucky Palms! The pool area and the sunroom looks gorgeous. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited November 2012
    yanti68 wrote:
    Nice modern build Sandraelle! I like how you have used the windows from the Lucky Palms! The pool area and the sunroom looks gorgeous. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you so much Yanti. I like those windows as well, but I wish they could be recolored because you're stuck using white windows for the rest of your house if you want them to match. :D
    edited February 15
    CASA DI FIORI, 30x30 residential lot, 12/10/12

Unfortunately, my studio became full and had exceeded the quota limit, so had to start deleting some of my studio items - this is one of them. :(

Casa di Fiori was created for Seascape's House Hunters International (Naples, Italy) contest with a budget of only 50,000 simoleons. It was built in Appaloosa Plains, but would fit nicely in Monte Vista.

This 2-story stone country Italian villa has 3 BDR/2 BA and is named for all it's beautiful flowers. The large kitchen is open to the DR and the spacious LR has a cozy fireplace. The master suite is located on the 2nd floor and has a private balcony with stairs leading to the backyard with the children's bedrooms on the main floor. You'll also find a laundry room, a man-cave, a patio, a pool and a play area for the kids. All appliances and plumbing have been upgraded. No CC.

Images had to be deleted (due to Photobucket), and haven't replaced them yet.
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    edited December 2012
    Ah such a pretty build! I love mediterranean builds and yours look lovely! Love the garden and the pool area. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited December 2012
    yanti68 wrote:
    Ah such a pretty build! I love mediterranean builds and yours look lovely! Love the garden and the pool area. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks so much Yanti. I hope to make some more of that style but will probably wait until I get Monte Vista. And thank you for the rec! :)
    edited December 2012
    Really great Italian villa build :) Very nicely designed building and lovely work with the flowers. That choice of stone patterning for the walls looks very efective and really captures the theme of the buiuld, and i like your paving work outside. I like the open living/dining/kitchen rooms area, as it looks family oruented and homely. Nice choice of furnishing for this area. Great man cave with the tv and gym equipment. Great build :):)
    edited December 2012
    rosemow wrote:
    Really great Italian villa build :) Very nicely designed building and lovely work with the flowers. That choice of stone patterning for the walls looks very efective and really captures the theme of the buiuld, and i like your paving work outside. I like the open living/dining/kitchen rooms area, as it looks family oruented and homely. Nice choice of furnishing for this area. Great man cave with the tv and gym equipment. Great build :):)

Thank you Rose! I was stuck using all the cheapest flowers because there was a budget for the contest, so I used those flower planters from buydebug and those were free, so it helped with my landscaping. :-)
  • KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited December 2012
    This was a very nice build!Good Work! ;-) Rec.I realy like that stone patteren,dont think I have seen it before,the color was so nice.Its hard to build after a budget,But you did it very good!
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited December 2012
    Nice job on Casa de Fiori, Sandraelle. I really like the architecture and color scheme. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    edited December 2012
    Kariussa wrote:
    This was a very nice build!Good Work! ;-) Rec.I realy like that stone patteren,dont think I have seen it before,the color was so nice.Its hard to build after a budget,But you did it very good!
    Thank you Kariussa and I appreciate the rec. The stone is from CAS and I just recolored it. Sometimes those rock and masonry patterns are tricky to get the color you want but I was happy with how the color looks. :D
    BryonyRae wrote:
    Nice job on Casa de Fiori, Sandraelle. I really like the architecture and color scheme.
    Thank you so much ByronyRae, I seem to use those color combinations often, lol.
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited December 2012
    Very, very pretty and warm!

Rec'd!

T
    edited December 2012
    Very, very pretty and warm!

Rec'd!

T

Thank you very much Taryn...glad you liked it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top