Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited February 15
    THE VENTURA (#1 in Palm Springs Series), 50x50 residential lot, built in Lucky Palms at 52 Golf Links Lane, 2/18/17

I was watching HGTV House Hunters one day and they were touring homes in Palm Springs, so I got the inspiration to build a series of mid-century moderns and this is my first one (not sure how many more I will do though, lol).

The Ventura isn't much to look at from the street, but this private styled residence has a gated entrance to the front door, a 2-car garage and lots of space to entertain.

vOcth9h.jpg

Inside is an L-shaped design layout:

wvdPcGp.jpg

Decorated in bold pops of color, which can be reminiscent of this era, it features an open concept living/entertaining/dining space with a galley kitchen that sits behind an open wall in the LR and two dining spaces - a more formal one near the foyer and a casual space off the kitchen.

svEbp3G.jpg

rluTCdK.jpg

It has 3 bedrooms (one a master suite, one being used as a den and one as a spare bedroom) , 2-1/2 baths, plus a separate laundry room between the garage and the kitchen.

eYCedBi.jpg

The unique thing about this house is that it has multiple patio spaces that wrap around the entire perimeter of the home, which can be accessed from every room. There is a hedge planted just inside the block wall for more privacy. The kitchen area walks out to an outdoor kitchen with picnic table and seating; The office has a patio with an easel and lots of vegetation for inspiration; The spare bedroom has a slider with it's own sitting area; The master bath walks out to a cozy patio with a lounger and a fountain; The Master bedroom and the living room walk right out to an L-shaped covered porch where you'll find a dinette, seating around a firepit, a few loungers and access to the pool and hot tub.

PqUpQU2.jpg

yAA0sqr.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited February 2017
    It is great that you are doing a Palm Springs series of mid century modern builds! :)
    The Ventura is a very nice home! :) The L shaped layout of the interior looks very nice! It looks great that all the rooms lead out to patio areas. The sunken pool patio looks very nice! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy relaxing poolside in the sunshine on the colourful loungers! The furnishing of the interior of the home looks very nice! Very nice dining areas! Nice windows breakfast nook area for sims to enjoy eating meals there at the table with sunlight coming in onto them. The other dining alcove oks very nice! The rock texture of the wall gives a great look to the alcove! Very nice open plan layout of the living, dining and kitchen areas. The L shaped sofa area is nice for sim sit and rest there. The patterned stools are a nice touch there. The galley kitchen looks great! The blue and white colour scheme of the master bedroom and ensuite looks calming! The bedhead wall pattern looks nice. The plants on the wall are nice touches of nature in the room.
    It is a very nice home :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you are doing a Palm Springs series of mid century modern builds! :)
    The Ventura is a very nice home! :) The L shaped layout of the interior looks very nice! It looks great that all the rooms lead out to patio areas. The sunken pool patio looks very nice! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy relaxing poolside in the sunshine on the colourful loungers! The furnishing of the interior of the home looks very nice! Very nice dining areas! Nice windows breakfast nook area for sims to enjoy eating meals there at the table with sunlight coming in onto them. The other dining alcove oks very nice! The rock texture of the wall gives a great look to the alcove! Very nice open plan layout of the living, dining and kitchen areas. The L shaped sofa area is nice for sim sit and rest there. The patterned stools are a nice touch there. The galley kitchen looks great! The blue and white colour scheme of the master bedroom and ensuite looks calming! The bedhead wall pattern looks nice. The plants on the wall are nice touches of nature in the room.
    It is a very nice home :)

@rosemow , thank you so much for your very nice comments Rose. Appreciate them so much!
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Absolutely stunning, Sandy♥♥ Wonderful textures and colors....gorgeous!!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Have to post here as well Sandy. What a lovely build. Such a bold play of textures and colours. Well done! :D
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Loving this place Sandy! The architecture is spot on for an MCM build and I just adore the way you have furnished the place. Fave'd!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Love all the pops of color you used and the combos you put together! The outside areas almost double the size of the house. Which would be a huge bonus for a home in that climate. Love the secluded hot tub off the master!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Lord help me those colours are breathtaking dear. What a beautiful build! LOVE LOVE!
    Cassee wrote: »
    Absolutely stunning, Sandy♥♥ Wonderful textures and colors....gorgeous!!

Thank you @Cassee, I love playing around with the textures. :)
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Have to post here as well Sandy. What a lovely build. Such a bold play of textures and colours. Well done! :D

@soocoolsim , thanks Paula.....yes those sure are some bold colors, lol.
    Loving this place Sandy! The architecture is spot on for an MCM build and I just adore the way you have furnished the place. Fave'd!

@FaithofKaela , thanks for stopping by and I appreciate your nice comments. I love doing that type of architecture so I am in the midst of a second one. :)
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Love all the pops of color you used and the combos you put together! The outside areas almost double the size of the house. Which would be a huge bonus for a home in that climate. Love the secluded hot tub off the master!

@romagi1 , Thank you Rox, I'm glad you liked the house. Yeah I don't think I've ever built a house that had access to patio space from every room, lol. :)
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Lord help me those colours are breathtaking dear. What a beautiful build! LOVE LOVE!

@BreeMiles , lol about those colors. They're quite eye popping that's for sure, lol. Thank you thank you!
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Very beautiful and elegant, dear ! I love the decor, patterns and colors :love:
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Very beautiful and elegant, dear ! I love the decor, patterns and colors :love:

@AIRIS6962 , thank you so much sweetie! I'm glad you like it. <3
    edited February 15
    THE SAN JACINTO, 40x40 residential lot, built in Lucky Palms at 100 The Fairway, 2/25/17

This is my second build in a series of Palm Springs inspired mid-century modern homes.

~ FEATURES ~
    * 3 bedrooms, 2 baths *
    * galley kitchen that's open to dining room *
    * double sided fireplace between living and dining room *
    * private patio off of master suite *
    * patios, deck space, pool, hot tub and children's play area *
    * family room with built-ins
    * laundry room *
    * multiple accesses (kitchen, family room and master suite) out to back yard patios
    * covered carport with attached storage room *

G1GW6y3.jpg
    smNAb4r.jpg

Be sure to click on my pictures link for close up views of the whole house. Thank you for visiting!

Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Another masterpiece in your series! Especially love how you did the wall in the master and all the stepping stones! You must have had a whole crew of painters in there with all those beautiful paintings!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Oh dear that one looks amazing sweetie! <3 I'm with Romagi1 that wall above the bed is amazing and the colors you choose for the bed is amazing also!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    San Jacinto is a very nice home! :) Very nice layout of the home! Both the outdoors area and the furnishing of the interior rooms look very nice! Very nice pool and hot patio. Sims will enjoy relaxing poolside on the loungers or have fun swimming in the pool. They will enjoy resting in the hot tub. The furnishing of the interior of the home looks so nice! The colour schemes of the rooms give such a nice feel and look to the rooms! The paintings are very special touches on the room walls! They look so nice! The black and white floor patterning looks so very effective in the bulld! Very pretty girls bedroom! The pink, red and white colour scheme of the room looks very nice. The floral floor rug adds a very nice look to the room. Nice corner sitting nook for sims to sit and relax. The wall patterning strip looks very nice and hearts are pretty beside the windows. The green colour scheme of the nursery looks very nice! The colourful floor rug looks great in the room.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Lovely build Sandy. You're so great with mixing patterns and textures. Some great ideas I see that I may 'borrow' sometime. Well done! Rec'd and downloaded :smiley:
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Stunning Ms Sandy♥♥ Smooth neutral tones with perfectly placed pops of WOW!! LOVE IT!!

ps...oh how I miss Lounge chairs :(
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
    @romagi1: Thank you! Originally I had those wall pieces moved down further, but 2 of them showed up darker and no matter what buydebug lighting I used I couldn't get it to look all the same so I had to put them on there with their original height. And yes, decided to use Sim paintings for a change, get so tired of using EA's pictures lol.

@BreeMiles: Thank you Bree! I'm glad you like my choice for the bedding because I wasn't sure it looked good, hehe!

@rosemow: Thank you Rose. With @romagi1 sharing her contest prize winnings with me I was finally able to have that flower rug from the Tiny Prodigies set. I've been dying to use that rug ever since it came out!

@soocoolsim: Thanks Paula! Glad you like my textures/patterns...sometimes I second guess myself, lol. And "borrow" away!

@Cassee: Thanks Cassee! Oh, I didn't know that S4 didn't have lounge chairs!! Ugh!
  • SimsDKSimsDK Posts: 33 Member
    Looooving ur designs!
  • SimsDKSimsDK Posts: 33 Member
    The little lavendar is especially really pretty :)
    SimsDK wrote: »
    Looooving ur designs!

Thank you so much @SimsDK ! I appreciate you stopping in and checking out my creations. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top