Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bonehilda is driving me nuts

Comments

• Options
    TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited September 2012
    hhhmmmm i havent got supernatural yet but ive learnt too important tips

dont buy bonehilda
    dont save on full moon

• Options
    StormfeatherStormfeather Posts: 371 Member
    edited September 2012
    Well, you can still get a maid if you dismiss Bonehilda every time it's time for the maid to come over, but it's still a bit of a pain to juggle them.

Of course, the maid is just as obsessed with the bees... I used an idea I saw elsewhere on the forums though, and put the bees inside my fence with my garden plants, with the gates locked to "household only." So as before, the zombies and deer can't get at my plants to destroy them, and now any helpers I hire can't get in at the beehives to constantly get stung.

Now if only you could hire a butler without them being obsessed with making food and using up all the produce in the fridge, every time one of the Sims in the family gets the tiniest bit hungry and hasn't made it to the fridge yet...
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited September 2012
    She drives me nuts to, she will not leave my Cat alone, he hates her and I tell him to do something an she cancels it out trying to pet him. She also spends all kinds of time before the mirror and just stands there admiring herself and not doing the cleaning. I just gave up on her, it was like every 5 seconds she was bugging my Cat.
  • Options
    TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited September 2012
    if they sort this out maybe they could sort out the butler he likes to make meals which is good but their too often in my opnion plus i like my sims to choose unless theyre traditional and eat at the table but still
  • Options
    MagusHyliaMagusHylia Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2012
    She won't leave my toddler alone either. This time she dragged her down stairs where she can't do anything and I can't get any of my other sims to put the kid to bed, or bring her upstiirs where she can use the potty or anything. What's worse is she won't even go back to her coffin, I banish her and she just moves on to something else to do. She was also socializing my pets to death before the kid was born. It's very annoying I can't even get rid of her.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited September 2012
    I HAVE noticed Bonehilda has an obsession with babies, like as it has been mentioned several times, her holding a tired baby... As far as just standing there with a baby as/til it goes red? New one on me lol. My sims had tripplets and for/ to me it is too hard without three or so adult sims to care for tripplets, but bonehilda, so my sims could get a decent sleep at night without interuption took care of ALL three babies for me. I have no honest complaints about her. Sorry to hear some of you others are having issues but I find her really helpful!
    And not too much trouble to just dismiss her when she's too much either =)
    But never occurs, dissmissed two of the three I origionally had when my sims had the tripplets but I am not sure but with six sims and three Bonehildas I think was causing problems with my game... So cut down to one, but wanted to keep all three =D
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Valerian1994Valerian1994 Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    MagusHylia wrote:
    She won't leave my toddler alone either. This time she dragged her down stairs where she can't do anything and I can't get any of my other sims to put the kid to bed, or bring her upstiirs where she can use the potty or anything. What's worse is she won't even go back to her coffin, I banish her and she just moves on to something else to do. She was also socializing my pets to death before the kid was born. It's very annoying I can't even get rid of her.

My sister had a problem with being unable to dismiss BH too, what you do is go into buy mode with Testingcheatsenabled turned on, crl+shift+click on the coffin and click reset, then you should be able to dismiss her.
    to keep her out of the kids rooms do what others have suggested and lock the doors to 'household' only.
  • Options
    LazyDaisy4777LazyDaisy4777 Posts: 323 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I love good ol' Bonehilda. It can get a little annoying when there are babies and pets in the house.
    Or when you have a party and she puts all the food away before guests can eat. I usually just dismiss her
    for a while. She even beat the cr*p out of a robber one night!

Edit: BTW, thanks for the tip on how to reset her, sometimes
    when I reset the whole town (because
    of stuck sims creating lag), her coffin won't work.
  • Options
    sailorvivisailorvivi Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    LOL I am so glad it wasn't just me. She would not leave the infants alone and took about 10 tries at banishing before she decided to go back to her coffin. She loved my sims pool and loungers lol
  • Options
    moonfluffmoonfluff Posts: 13 New Member
    edited December 2012
    She's always trying to teach the dogs tricks when there is work to be done! Plus they could be like starving and she'd teach them until I stop her. With seasons, she's always raking leaves! I still enjoy her though haha.
  • Options
    redrabbit555redrabbit555 Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    OMG bonehilda is so annoying she alway picks up the children and snuggles them and tosses them in the air child cruelty much and ******* my animals and takes random crap out of the fridge and whenever i make a meals as soon as i finish fridge too bonehilda ive got like 8 of them roaming the house abd they go to bar all of them and drink until bedtime so I made up a solution I just put sliding book cases so she doesn't get in the kids rooms its as easy as pie.

• Options
    ZessinnaZessinna Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2013
    I feel like she was put in the game to either drive us nuts
    or
    was only for the use of single and lonely sims who can't get much else but a skeleton maid.

I have the same problems. I actually restrain from having her in the house when I have pets. And once I got kids in the house, I dismiss her until I feel like all my sims are too overwhelmed.
    Though thankfully, she actually feeds them and changes their diapers. :D
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited February 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    She tends to eat all the candy, chips or nuts that I place on the edge of the bar

I had no idea there was candy or nuts in the game, where do I find that? :D

and very helpful thread, thanks! I've tried having Bonehilda a couple times, but she walks right past the dirty laundry on the floor, never cooks, only puts food away *as soon as* a sim puts it on the counter, etc etc. Honestly I've thought the same thing as Zessinna -- Bonehilda appears to be one of those things that EA designed deliberately to be a "fun" annoyance. :roll:
  • Options
    NameGaniNameGani Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have two Bonehilda's so my yard which has plenty of trees can stay somewhat raked. The parents of my family had another child which BH somewhat helped with but near the end of toddler stage she wouldn't put him down, feed him, change him, let him sleep, etc.

For some reason that same toddler, now a child, got a low social in a house of 7... BOTH Bonehilda's cornered him in a room and kept trying to chat with him. I mean literally cornered him between the sink and the shower in the bathroom. When I finally got him fed and in bed one hung out by the edge of his bed like a stalker wanting to talk to him still.
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited February 2013
    That's such a shame you are all having problems with Bonehilda!

I have a Bonehilda in one game, in a mansion looking after two families and believe me she doesn't have time to corner, teach tricks, pet animals etc. She does her job, she is excellent with the three toddlers in the house, she feeds them, changes them, she cleans the house, fixes stuff and yeh got electrocuted :P

But other than that, the only problem I ever have with Bonehilda is the papers that get delivered. As soon as they rot she wants to dispose of them, and because I have locked my gates to household only she cant get out to clean, so I cancelled the service and she doesnt complain anymore, and her actions dont go wierd over it. She has a cue of things to do, and sometimes if you know she is at the children or pets, check the emotes of the rest of the household, and i can guarantee her cue will be broken if you cancel those emotes. She will do it less and less, that's how I have trained my Bonehilda so to speak. She tried to interfere but I wont allow that, and when her emotes are cancelled because you make another sim to do that task, she actually cheers! Well my Bonehilda does anyway lol

The one thing she simply will NOT do though is pick up the laundry and clean them.

In mansions with heaps to do, she actually is a dream come true. She saves my sims from burning out with a set of werewolf twins and a cheeky little fairy.

Hope you can find the right balance with her, cause if you have stuff in the house, like the DJ thing, OMG she rocks out for ages! :D I find her endearing and so lovable :D The toddlers totally adore her. :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Beakers47Beakers47 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    My Bonehilda doesnt bother me because i dont have kids but she does bother my cat often. Now though my fairy had a fairy party, and somehow she is now a fairy?!?!?!?! Anyone elses Bonehilda a fairy? :?: Thnking about selling her and getting a maid, luckily I can afford one. :D I'm just sad she doesnt do laundry :cry:
  • Options
    DawnmccarthyDawnmccarthy Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2013
    My bonehilda just stares at the baby. Won't do anything for it. I was hoping for a live-in babysitter. They didn't patch that did they? There should be an option to have her on housework mode, or babysitting mode.
  • Options
    HourglassPhoenixHourglassPhoenix Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2013
    When my Sim made mushroom omelettes for the house to eat, as soon as i set it down, she puts it away, and can't even grab a plate!!

She does this to me all the time! She'll even steal their quick meals before my Sims can eat, and don't get me started on messing with the babies and toddlers. I can't even use her anymore because she's more trouble than she's worth.
  • Options
    and-it-is-onand-it-is-on Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited March 2013
    MagusHylia wrote:

My sister had a problem with being unable to dismiss BH too, what you do is go into buy mode with Testingcheatsenabled turned on, crl+shift+click on the coffin and click reset, then you should be able to dismiss her.
    to keep her out of the kids rooms do what others have suggested and lock the doors to 'household' only.

OMG THANKYOU!, I'm going to go try this because I haven't been able to dismiss bonehilda for ages and she's getting really annoying :mrgreen:
    2wn09yb.jpg
  • Options
    and-it-is-onand-it-is-on Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited March 2013
    Also yes she is great, except when my triplets were toddlers. She would be very helpful during the day keeping them happy, but my sim would finally get them all to sleep at night and bonehilda would decide to snuggle them and place them on the floor and they would cry because they were so tired and I would have to wake my sim up to put them back to bed. And in autumn dirty plates will pile up and the toilet gets dirty because bonehilda won't stop raking piles of leaves, she literally rakes all day.
    2wn09yb.jpg
  • Options
    ContrabardusContrabardus Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I've had little trouble with her. You've got to manage Bonehilda just like any other Sim. Doing it is a little different though as you're not managing her needs so much as keeping her contained and occupied.

Things that make managing her easier...

Have a bar. Bonehilda will drink rather than eat the majority of the time. I've got two bars in my home and she very, very rarely gets into the fridge. Keeping a bowl of snacks on the bar as well has kept her out of my fridge completely.

Have lots of stuff to do. Bonehilda likes to play games, dance, and keep occupied. I've got a party room in my basement with a DJ booth, stereo, bar, various games, and she spends a lot of time in there when she's not working. She also seems to have a particular liking for hopscotch.

As mentioned set ownership on your children's doors. She'll complain, but she won't make life nearly as difficult for them. Having a 'playroom' for the kids she can't get into helps a bit as well.

Create a pet pen and feed pets outside. A fenced in area she can't get into with a door leading to it from the home that is locked to 'anyone but my household'. Pets can get in and out, but she can't.

Put her away. She doesn't care if she's dismissed that I've noticed. I leave her in her box, and if you have difficulty keeping her in there, take her box and put it into your inventory. Leave an open spot in the home you can place it to summon her when you need her and then put her away and put the box back into your inventory when you're finished with her.

She requires much less upkeep than a sim does, but she's easily manageable with relatively little effort. I've got two of her running around my home with no troubles.

Edit: Now have five of her. I now have an entire sentai team of skeleton house maids. We'll see how well I can manage that many of her at once just for the lulz.

Re: Edit again: Two of her actually makes things easier. She gets distracted and won't clean if she's occupied with playing games, dancing, whatever. If you've left her out too long and she's not working when you need her to, put her away and summon the other [or resummon her]. She sometimes goes right back to goofing off if you've only got one of her, but the second Bonehilda has gone right to work right away every time for me.

She really, really wants to date me now. Kind of creepy, but it's still worth keeping her around anyway. Every other call I get is her asking for a date, but I do have five of her after all. The price I pay to keep safe from giant rubber skeleton monsters.

Also, I've discovered she can cause the 'Sims won't use bed' glitch. I was getting it constantly and had to resell and buy back my bed several times. [Just putting it into my inventory and putting it back wasn't working]. I had set ownership of the bed to my Sims as well. I put a door to my room that was locked and replaced my bed, and the glitch hasn't happened since.

I noticed she likes to lounge or nap at times, and figured out she was trying to use the bed. It was set to my Sims, but I think that she was still taking up the quiche spot so the bed was in 'use' so that they couldn't sleep. Keeping her out of the room has put a stop to it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ReiLovesLennon9ReiLovesLennon9 Posts: 54
    edited December 2013
    Apparently Bonehilda reads blogs in her free time....

960101_10151819739898458_917708845_n.jpg
  • Options
    QueenGhostBunnyQueenGhostBunny Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    Wow, Bonehilda really loves children haha. She may be annoying at times, but she's part of the family :)
  • Options
    Jezz2010Jezz2010 Posts: 44 New Member
    edited December 2013
    so it isn't just my freaky skeleton that is obsessed with the kids.
  • Options
    rollerdiscogetdownrollerdiscogetdown Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm so relieved that I'm not alone. She is driving me insane with raking leaves! There are dirty dishes, broken toilets, dirty bathtubs, etc. and she insists on raking... even in the snow :-)