Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bonehilda is driving me nuts

Don't get me wrong, I love her, but she won't leave my toddlers and babies alone.

Trying to teach Lyssa to walk?
Action cancelled because bonehilda wants to hold Lyssa... and then not do anything.. just hold her

Trying to teach Lysander to talk?
Action canceled by bonehilda.

Lyssa playing the xylophone.. not anymore.. Bonehilda wants to just hold her again..

again, she doesn't do anything.. just holds the toddler..
And the baby went red because bonehilda wouldn't feed, change her, cuddle her, or put her in the crib...

Anyone else with this problem? any way to fix this without dismissing or getting rid of her? I love the cleaning.. but this is just horrible..
Brian's Log: Day sixty-seven.
Cube was quite all night. Once again
Cube as quiet all day. As per previously.
No movement.
No change in measurements.
End of entry

Comments

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited September 2012
    I have a similar issue but not exact....a lot of my actions get cancelled out too by Bonehilda. I've never had my kids get to the red but its bothersome none the less. I usually let Bonehilda "out" in the morning when everyone is trying to get ready, so if she does go and hold the toddler and continuesly toss her in the air at least she'll be awake and fed when the parents are out the door to work.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I feel the same way. She constantly harrasses the todders and one of my toddlesrs get a scared moodlet from her. She also wont stop taking quick meals out of the fridge, and then she puts the spoiled quick meal back in the fridge and all my sims get sick. I would get a butler but my sims can't afford one.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited September 2012
    shan_26 wrote:
    Yeah, I feel the same way. She constantly harrasses the todders and one of my toddlesrs get a scared moodlet from her. She also wont stop taking quick meals out of the fridge, and then she puts the spoiled quick meal back in the fridge and all my sims get sick. I would get a butler but my sims can't afford one.

Lol she does this to me too! My fridge is stock full of cereal, canned soup, spoiled food, etc...
    WLfAA9V.png
  • CristalBlueRosesCristalBlueRoses Posts: 427 Member
    edited September 2012
    shan_26 wrote:

So that's her fault too. I couldn't figure out why I had tons of quick meals in the fridge.
    I think the family can afford a butler, 1 is doing pretty good on painting and the other is the top of the military career and writing a few books.. She is driving me friggin insane
    No movement.
    End of entry
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2012
    That reminds me of TS2 Servos.
    They would not leave the children alone.

My solution was to power them down during the day and let them work at night while everyone else was asleep. Can you put her coffin, or whatever that thing is, in the household inventory?

That's what I would do. I would let her work at night.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited September 2012
    CK213 wrote:

My solution was to power them down during the day and let them work at night while everyone else was asleep. Can you put her coffin, or whatever that thing is, in the household inventory?

she takes the babies out of the cribs..
    She'll clean everything, (and apparently fill my fridge with crap).. but then she goes and wakes up the babies and holds them until she's dismissed. and if I'm lucky, she'll put them down and go back to her coffin.. most of the time she still stands there holding a crying baby. :-/
    No movement.
    End of entry
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2012
    CK213 wrote:

she takes the babies out of the cribs..
    She'll clean everything, (and apparently fill my fridge with crap).. but then she goes and wakes up the babies and holds them until she's dismissed. and if I'm lucky, she'll put them down and go back to her coffin.. most of the time she still stands there holding a crying baby. :-/

Lock the doors and only allow one of the parents to use it, or put in two doors and assign each one to a parent.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Oooo great idea CK213! :mrgreen:
    edited September 2012
    That is a good idea.
    No movement.
    End of entry
  • LittleLeotaLittleLeota Posts: 680 Member
    edited September 2012
    LOL...so glad i found this thread! She's driving me nuts too! The problem I'm having with her is with the household's pet dog, Lycanthia. Bonehilda will NOT stop teaching her tricks. Poor dog wants to go pee, eat or sleep, but no...Bonehilda wants to teach her more tricks. I had to dismiss her so my poor doggie could eat!
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I wonder how much EA rigorously tests things before putting them into play....
  • ThoseDaysAreOverThoseDaysAreOver Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited September 2012
    lol!!! I am LOLing so much at all this!! Wow Bonehilda is like a criminal lol! So far i had a pretty good experience... well..

When they're is nothing to do, she just walks around the house, even when my Sims are asleep.

When my Sim made mushroom omelettes for the house to eat, as soon as i set it down, she puts it away, and can't even grab a plate!!

The baby thing is also true! I made a family of 2 witches, and a toddler, (only [played for 10 min, because i now made a new family that i am permanent for a while) and all she does is toss it in the air, and hold it!!!

lol!!! does it cost anything after you already buy her?

i am happy she repairs my broken things, but she does stay in the room when my sims are doing their business, and showering..
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I was enjoying her before my sims had kids but now that they've had their first baby I've dismissed her for the time being (like until I don't have any sims under the child stage on the lot) because she is really annoying with constantly interacting with the babies and toddlers.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love that my dogs know all the trick now but yeah you definitely have to keep an eye on her or it becomes this horrible torture session! LOL I dismiss her frequently and just pop her out when the house needs cleaning.
  • StormfeatherStormfeather Posts: 371 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, it's also annoying that she won't do laundry, and if you try to hire a maid alongside her to do the laundry and help her out, as soon as the maid sees her they freak out and quit! XD
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited September 2012
    Bonehilda's like the Great Aunt every child dreads seeing on the holidays! :lol: I don't have any kids or pets yet so I think I'll give her a try and see if she puts rancid food in my fridge, too. Between my werewolves developing a taste for Brain Freeze A'la Mode and rotten food in the fridge, dinner time should be utter chaos at my house!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • KSkywalker4571KSkywalker4571 Posts: 413 Member
    edited September 2012
    You can set the child's door to "Household only" She can't get through because she's an object, not a family member. She'll do plenty of complaining about it though!
    1/16/2015 I own the Store! :o:D
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2012
    Bonehilda didn't interrupt any of my toddler teaching activities. I found her to be quite useful. But I also have a big house and there's lots for her to do to amuse herself. She tends to eat all the candy, chips or nuts that I place on the edge of the bar--and of course, she drinks a lot. She warms herself at the fireplace all the time too--her bones must be awful chilly!

Honestly, she was a bit more annoying in my first house, but in the big mansion I built, she's a dream!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • lorellelorelle Posts: 34 New Member
    edited September 2012
    She nearly killed my cat this way. She kept petting him so he would never eat or go to the bathroom. More trouble than good I say.
  • ZorgaZorga Posts: 613 Member
    edited September 2012
    So lets see:
    Can't use Bonehilda, she annoys in the above way.
    Can't use the Butler - s/he is *obsessed* with bee's.
    Can't use the maid, s/he freaks out about Bonehilda...

sigh
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited September 2012
    You can set the child's door to "Household only" She can't get through because she's an object, not a family member. She'll do plenty of complaining about it though!

Thanks for this tip. I really like Bonehilda, but when she keeps taking the baby out of the crib or constantly keeps holding my toddlers, it gets annoying. I don't mind the occassional hold, snuggle, or pick up when the social is low or when the needs ( sleep or food ) merit it. But the never putting down the toddler, gets old fast.

She is great at cleaning and taking care of things though. So I don't want to get rid of her.
  • Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    edited September 2012
    Aaargh I agree! She is totally obsessed with my cats, won't stop petting them and goodness knows what else, driving me mad lol :lol: Aside from that, I'm loving everything she does around the house and she's just so, well, cool that I really don't want to get rid of her.
  • likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    edited September 2012
    Mine plays hopscotch a lot lol
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited September 2012
    so far tonight bonehilda has electrocuted her self twice, one was repairing the dishwasher but that caused a house fire, my sim went to the park next door to have a bbq bonehilda followed her to the park and cleaned up the food my sim had just cooked, she took molly french's baby sandi held her and fed her on the ground i.e. a bottle, then bonehilda made herself comfy and read a book titled "things that go bump in the night" had to take away the juice bar she loves making juice and warming herself by the fire fed a treat to a stray cat in the park and a stray dog that had slept on my lot
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited September 2012
    I just lock her out of the children's bedrooms. As for the dog... I limit her time with him.
    er0s4g.jpg