Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Lot Tears - Should I be concerned?

I started on the new part of my world and I guess because the terrain wasn't completely flat I have slight lot tears like the the one in the picture below (runs diagonally in the center of the picture) on a few lots.

screenshot_original.jpg

This won't affect anything gameplay wise right? It is annoying though and I would like to know how to fix it. I tried exporting and importing the height map, deleting and undoing, and conforming the lots. They still stay :(

Help would be much appreciated :D

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thetideschanging,

Yes, you should be concerned, if nothing else it looks really bad. Click on the lots with the tears and use the "Conform Edges" button, than rebuild the routing data. Hopefully, that will solve the problem.
  • thetideschangingthetideschanging Posts: 250 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, you have to zoom in close to see it, but it was driving me nuts. I ended up deleting the trouble lots, flattening the terrain, and then making new lots in their place. It fixed the issue for the most part except there are one or two that are being stubborn. I did do the conform lot thing, but did not rebuild the routing data.
    edited September 2012
    Ok I give up... There are 4 stubborn lots that are still having these lots tears show up and no matter what I do they don't go away. The routing looks fine so I'm guessing it's just aesthetic and won't cause problems gameplay wise. As they are community lots I'm just going to put a fence around the edge to hide it as that completely covers it.

If anyone can verify that this does cause game play issues please let me know. Otherwise I'll take care of it with a fence. I'm sick of fretting over something as little as this.
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited September 2012
    These don't cause game play issues, they're just not very attractive visually. I've used plants to camouflage these ares before with no problems. :mrgreen:
    edited September 2012
    These don't cause game play issues, they're just not very attractive visually. I've used plants to camouflage these ares before with no problems. :mrgreen:

Ok thank you so much! I've spent hours messing around in CAW trying to fix it and sometimes my attempts end up making it worse or screwing up nearby lots. It's hardly noticeable and a fence completely hides so I guess I'll just do that then :D
  • Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited September 2012
    When I have playtested, these tears do cause an issue with routing to where sims sometimes have problems seemlessly walking on and off the lot.
    edited September 2012
    Oh.. Well if there was a fence they wouldn't even be able to walk off on that side... If I come across issue in play testing then I'll try to take care of it there. But seriously I've done every recommended thing and nothing works
    edited September 2012
    I feel this knowledge may be beneficial so I wanted to say that I exported my world into the game and had my sim walk across the small lots tears many times and she did so seamlessly no problems. So it does appear to be aesthetic :). Larger lots tears will probably cause issues though.

The few lots with tears have ones so small that you can barely see them.