Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one that's going to wait? :/

Don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY excited for Seasons and the trailer was awesome and all that but I think I'm going to skip pre-ordering. The Ice Lounge Really doesn't seem worth it to me and the possibility of getting it on sale would just make it more worth the money. Usually after a few weeks, the price will drop $5-10 on Amazon or other online retailers.

Am I alone in this or does anyone agree? xD

Comments

• MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited September 2012
    Greetings rinirae, you are definitely not alone.

My non existent budget as a retired senior on a fixed income makes it imperitive that I wait for sales and/or depend on family/friends monetary gifts via b'days, mom's day, christmas, etc. to feed my sim habit :lol:

I have been very fortunate that I have kind simfriends and a couple of family members who have enabled me to keep up with releases.

Its a special thrill to get a good sale or discount coupon, and with the holidays drawing near I may be able to gift myself Seasons.

Last year-end sale cost me $83 in savings but I picked up the Special Editions of Medieval, Pirates and Nobles, Late Night, and Pets via Origin direct dl for that price with a coupon code.

So count me in, yep I'm content to wait. :D

Blessings,
    MissCee

<3Blessings,
    MissCee
  • justinadamsgirljustinadamsgirl Posts: 95
    edited September 2012
    I'll be waiting too. ^_^; I'm not interested in just an ice lounge alone to pre-order it. Though I would love to play seasons ASAP. ermahgerd seasons!!! :mrgreen:
  • MikChikMikChik Posts: 50 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I agree :? The Ice Lounge doesn't particularly interest me. It's just furniture. That looks like ice. :lol:
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm also not interested in the ice lounge but I preordered at Amazon because they always refund for the lower price. So it's no wasted money AND I'll get it at the release day.
    This space is for rent.
  • KerryodeaKerryodea Posts: 106 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to wait and see what other people say about it before I get it. I'm just not super excited for it, not sure why. Eventually I will give in and get it!
  • TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited September 2012
    No im not bothered about the ice lounge ill wait till christmas if i get the ice lounge ill be happy but i wont be OMG OMG dobut id use it anywayz

when seasons comes out ill watch gameplay
  • DaQueen84DaQueen84 Posts: 400 New Member
    edited September 2012
    rinirae wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY excited for Seasons and the trailer was awesome and all that but I think I'm going to skip pre-ordering. The Ice Lounge Really doesn't seem worth it to me and the possibility of getting it on sale would just make it more worth the money. Usually after a few weeks, the price will drop $5-10 on Amazon or other online retailers.

Am I alone in this or does anyone agree? xD

Nope not alone. Showtime pre-order was a waste. I'm with ya!
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, i'm not waiting. LOL

However, I am on SN so I understand the logic. Not that I won't buy SN, but I want it for objects and the lunar cycle more so than the supernaturals themseleves.
  • shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    edited September 2012
    I agree, most of the EP's are released in store with the pre-order limited items it.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • ChocopyroChocopyro Posts: 72 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Depending on my financial situation, I could be waiting till christmas. Thats fine though, I got my hands full for a while now. Time will fly by.
  • Arkham_ZombieArkham_Zombie Posts: 554 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Definitely waiting, the ice lounge doesn't interest me one bit. I want seasons and all but the ice lounge just isn't that great of a pre order perk to me. I'd rather not have it in my game. So I will be waiting until Xmas to get it.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited September 2012
    I was lucky to catch the deal on Newegg for $10 off for both SN and SEAS also with free shipping. :mrgreen:

Normally I do not mind waiting. It costs the same whether I preorder or not. Except I would save money if I wait but in this case I am not waiting and still saving money. I don't know...ever since PETS I have been preordering ever since then. :?

Anyway, my sims are going to love chilling out at the ice lounge.

I mean any extra venue/community lot that is not a rabbithole is nice to add. Although anyone could make their own version of an ice lounge if AMB is owned. It really depends on personal preference really. Besides I am not that good at building/interior decorating and most times I do not even feel up to building/decorating anyway.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2012
    Not only sale but im holding out to get a buy one get one free special.
    I feel sorry for the people that pre ordered Supernatural because less than a week later they had a buy Supernatural get an EP or SP for free on Origin :D
    It came without the pea shooter but i heard the pea shooter was junk anyway.
    I was actually gonna take up the offer and get Showtime and Master Suite Stuff for $39.99 but ill wait for a Seasons and get another EP or SP free special :mrgreen:
  • AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't really care about the preorder bonus but I want the game ASAP so I'll be preordering or buying on Origin on release day.
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I won't be pre-ordering, because then when I don't get glitches after waiting a month or so, I'll be darn happy that I wasn't trigger happy and that I was a smart Simmer. ;-)
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited September 2012
    After my awful Supernatural experience I will never preorder again. I had to go to Walmart and buy SN which came with the peashooter. I will just go to Walmart and buy Seasons.
  • Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    edited September 2012
    I have been lucky in regards to glitches how ever I preordered because I have a ten dollar credit at game stop.
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Wow, I forgot I posted this last night. :P So many posts to respond to!
    My non existent budget as a retired senior on a fixed income makes it imperitive that I wait for sales and/or depend on family/friends monetary gifts via b'days, mom's day, christmas, etc. to feed my sim habit
    I'm sort of in a similar financial situation. Going to start college in a week. On a college budget, $40 is probably a luxury. :lol: I can even wait until the holidays (maybe my birthday if necessary). I just bought Generations for $20 a week ago so I can use that to keep me occupied until then. :lol:
    ermahgerd seasons!!!
    ERMAGHERD SERMS THRER SERSERNS. :mrgreen:
    . I'm just not super excited for it, not sure why.
    To each their own. From the previews, Seasons appears to add the most things to liven up the game. None of the past EPs expanded on their themes as much as Seasons.
    Showtime pre-order was a waste.
    I skipped showtime. Seemed like they were milking Late Night too much. Showtime just had that extra venue right?
    Not only sale but im holding out to get a buy one get one free special.

It came without the pea shooter but i heard the pea shooter was junk anyway.
    The Pea Shooter would have been worth it if it actually worked and kept the zombies away. :/
    Hmmm, if you live in the US maybe stores will have a BOGO sale around Black Friday. Usually if an EP/SP goes on sale half price it's a better deal to me, though. When I bought Generations half price I could have also gotten a SP for $10.
    I won't be pre-ordering, because then when I don't get glitches after waiting a month or so,
    Oh yeah... and when you install first day there's not just glitches, but annoyances that EA didn't really pay attention to (ex. celebs and vampires in LN, memories in Generations, and I'm assuming Zombies in SN). Usually after a couple weeks some modders figure it out and the games become a much more enjoyable experience. :)
  • PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't even know which house I will be when Seasons is released, I'll be mid move, so I may be able to pre order it because I am impatient but if I still don't know I will wait.

Also depends on the money situation at the time I might just have to pester my boyfriend to get me it for Christmas.

I'm not overly bothered about the LE Ice Lounge either my sims don't require frozen furniture :lol:
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    edited September 2012
    Nah, I'm going to wait too. I mean, I have to leave some reason to look forward to Christmas, and at this rate Seasons is going to be the only thing I'll want in particular. And besides, Supernatual will keep me content for more than two months :p.
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't want to wait, but I'm afraid that will have to be the case for me. Since Seasons comes out just two months after SN, I have to save up another 40 bucks. But hey, we could always get it for the holidays! :)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2012
    I will also be waiting for Seasons. Right now I'm a little worried about the graphics and when it either snows or rains. My computer got kinda laggy when the Genie would magically clean the house and made it all sparkly. That was just one small area, I can only picture if a whole world was snowing or raining.
  • JonchuableJonchuable Posts: 321 Member
    edited September 2012
    I really want to get Seasons when it gets released but I may have to wait for a massive sale or before Christmas. Im also not worried about the limited edition. Most stores today still have limited editions for pets and showtime.. so im sure they won't run out of limited edition seasons when I finally get it. :-)
  • silvercandy79silvercandy79 Posts: 494 Member
    edited September 2012
    I have never worried about pre-ordering for the limited edition. Every time I buy the game at Best Buy the only one they have is a limited edition version.

Personally for me, however-I will buy this one right away, just like all the other expansions. Stuff packs I can usually wait on.
  • Richard0092Richard0092 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I will wait for the holidays I think. Now I'm really happy with SN and that will keep me busy for at least two months. The Ice Lounge isn't very special and when I read the replies I see many people agree with that.

Hopefully the patch for Seasons will be released before christmas!