Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with Imaginary Friends in SN/Moonlight Falls - anyone else?

The Bloom Institute of Wellness has a major glitch for me when it comes to the imaginary friend opportunity - the star for an opportunity shows up, but when you click on it, the option isn't there! My sims witch child befriended an imaginary sim and got the opportunity, and while I couldn't start it by giving the science lab the rainbow gem I was eventually able to mail it to them.

Now I'm stuck since they want the simoleans for the potion, but I can't click on the science lab and get the option. All I can do is take classes or donate insects.

Anyone else encountered this issue in Moonlight Falls or anywhere else? Is the Bloom Institute of Wellness bugged for ALL opportunities or just imaginary friends? I think I'm the only one with this issue as searching the forums and google hasn't brought up anything. :?

Thanks for any help anyone can give about this matter. :)

Comments

• psychoticapsychotica Posts: 215 Member
    edited September 2012
    I had the same problem and then her imaginary friend just disappeared one day from her inventory. He was still in her relationship panel but he was no where to be found and she never was able to complete the opportunity.
  • StormfeatherStormfeather Posts: 371 Member
    edited September 2012
    Nah, it unfortunately seems to be a bug. The Dreams Come True opportunity doesn't seem to be completable in Moonlight Falls. At least two of us have experienced it and reported it already in the main stickied bug thread for the expansion, as well.

Other opportunities in the same building seem to be completable (I've had sims do the bug and rock collections for instance), however the school also seems to be bugged for most/all opportunities that are supposed to happen there.

Edit: If you really want to turn an imaginary friend real, buy the chemistry set from the "hobbies" section, and have a Sim discover potions on it until they discover the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion (or whatever it's called, it's something close to that). Once they discover it, they can make more for 4500 Simoleons each (the same cost as finishing the opportunity). Not the ideal solution, but at least it's possible.
  • kitt32kitt32 Posts: 1,148
    edited September 2012
    At least i'm not the only one and it's an actual bug... thanks guys. :)
    Nah, it unfortunately seems to be a bug. The Dreams Come True opportunity doesn't seem to be completable in Moonlight Falls. At least two of us have experienced it and reported it already in the main stickied bug thread for the expansion, as well.

Other opportunities in the same building seem to be completable (I've had sims do the bug and rock collections for instance), however the school also seems to be bugged for most/all opportunities that are supposed to happen there.

Edit: If you really want to turn an imaginary friend real, buy the chemistry set from the "hobbies" section, and have a Sim discover potions on it until they discover the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion (or whatever it's called, it's something close to that). Once they discover it, they can make more for 4500 Simoleons each (the same cost as finishing the opportunity). Not the ideal solution, but at least it's possible.

Yeah looks to be my only option.. boo! :x
  • ShevariShevari Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes, I have the same problem with the science facility after installing supernatural. :shock:
  • perhaelperhael Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2012
    Not sure if this will work, but another option might be to place the science facility from Sunset Valley in Moonlight Falls. Worth a try!
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thank you for this thread. I had a similiar issue. Now I know it isn't just me.

My sims do have the chemistry set, so I am off to try that method. This remind sme of the simbot creation glitch in bridgeport. That still hasn't been fixed.
  • onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited September 2012
    just make the potion from the chemistry table-thingy... I have 2 IFs in my current game by having my sim make the potions. Its expensive though at 4500 a bottle
  • SweeetDreamzSweeetDreamz Posts: 26 New Member
    edited September 2012
    But it does save on tracking down a rainbow gem to do it on the table.
  • xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Has anyone found a fix for this? I can't get it to work by using the chem table or through through Bloom Institute of Wellness. I just want my Sims to be able to marry their IF's.
  • tibby234tibby234 Posts: 9
    edited November 2012
    I am having the same problem but I don't have supernatural yet. I never do this opportunity I normally just use the Chem set. But this time I found a Rainbow Gem (my dog did actually) So I figured I'd try it. It says to go to Holy Cow Memorial Hospital/ Science lab but the option never comes up to get the potion.
  • rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited November 2012
    Some have said this happens because of a glitch with multi use rabbit holes, it may be fixed by placing separate science and hospital lots.
  • xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited November 2012
    rsedorothy wrote:
    Some have said this happens because of a glitch with multi use rabbit holes, it may be fixed by placing separate science and hospital lots.

Yup, this worked for me. I deleted the Bloom Institute of Wellness and added the separate buildings and now I have my IF.

I still can't create potions on the chem lab table, but I'm good with that as long as I have an alternate way to make the IF's real.
  • FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited March 2013
    Sorry to necro this thread...does anyone know if this has been fixed or is still a problem? Is it a problem with ALL the combo science/hospital buildings or just the Moonlight falls one?
  • Drak_AngelDrak_Angel Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited August 2013
    When do they plan on fixing this bug...? SN has been out for a hot minute and still no fix. This is sad... I thought all this time it was me... but I prefer to use bloom BC it combines the hospital and science lab. It's the only one too... they're about to release another game and they're not even fixing this one.