Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course Six: All About Fog Emitters-- Guest Lecturer: SimEve!--See Post One

Comments

• originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited October 2012
    I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Zoo for doing these "courses" and thank you to Sime Eve for teaching the latest one. I consider myself a fairly adept builder and have used the fog emmiters on several occasions, but I was amazed at how much more I learned reading through the last lesson. Can't wait for the next one!
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited October 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    P-pup: GREAT work on your builds!

Thanks Zoo! I think I finally finished playing with the FE's on that lot. I'm thinking of sharing it on the exchange, not sure yet. Waiting for Wibble to confirm that it will be alright with him.

Isn't this so much fun? :mrgreen:

I will e-mail Wibble if you really want to talk with him about this, but really I think the intention for his class (just like my Building A Farm class) was that students would have a creation suitable to upload at the end. I think it would be nice to mention that you used Wibble's design and his directions, but you DID build it yourself.

I know all the houses from this class should be somewhat similar, BUT I don't think that they are all going to be exactly the same. My view is that you should upload so that others can enjoy your build! :D
    oow785m
    edited October 2012
    I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Zoo for doing these "courses" and thank you to Sime Eve for teaching the latest one. I consider myself a fairly adept builder and have used the fog emmiters on several occasions, but I was amazed at how much more I learned reading through the last lesson. Can't wait for the next one!

Thanks, OS!

I know exactly what you mean about learning more than you would have expected! I had intended Zoo U for beginning builders, but I wanted to take each course that was taught by a "guest professor" so that I could be available to give any help needed.

Even with topics that I felt very confident with as a builder, I found that there was still a lot I could learn from the EXCELLENT folks who have given of their time and expertise to come here to share their talents with all of us.

SimEve's class has been a revelation, and I already used the F.E. in some of my builds!
    oow785m
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited October 2012
    :shock: I learned alot about F.E.s they can be tricky to work with can't they ~_^. I worked with them a little bit but right now I'm sidetracked with my Farmhouse :oops: :lol: Ever since I started it I have been wanting to finish it so my sim can have a proper house. I may add some nice effects to the front of it with the emitters just to see how pretty it will look. Thank you Eve and Zoo this lesson is/was well learned and will be applied in future builds.

Taking a break from Sims until I get over my Flu. :( It has me down and out right at the moment. :cry: Hopefully I can observe lesson 2 when it starts. :wink:
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2012
    Oh, get well EJB!
    edited October 2012
    :shock: I learned alot about F.E.s they can be tricky to work with can't they ~_^. I worked with them a little bit but right now I'm sidetracked with my Farmhouse :oops: :lol: Ever since I started it I have been wanting to finish it so my sim can have a proper house. I may add some nice effects to the front of it with the emitters just to see how pretty it will look. Thank you Eve and Zoo this lesson is/was well learned and will be applied in future builds.

Taking a break from Sims until I get over my Flu. :( It has me down and out right at the moment. :cry: Hopefully I can observe lesson 2 when it starts. :wink:

Feel better, Sweetie, so you can get back to Simming!
    oow785m
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited October 2012
    The bears took one look at me and ran away. :lol:

originalsimI'm so glad to know that.
    ElijahsBabyGurl9 Oh no! The flu stinks. I hope you feel better.

I'm off to work on the next lecture!
    edited October 2012
    SimEve wrote:
    The bears took one look at me and ran away. :lol:

originalsimI'm so glad to know that.
    ElijahsBabyGurl9 Oh no! The flu stinks. I hope you feel better.

I'm off to work on the next lecture!

WHOOT! Lookin' forward to it!
    oow785m
  • HARLEY2HARLEY2 Posts: 307 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi, can you please register me for lesson 2 .. thanks..
    edited October 2012
    HARLEY2 wrote:
    Hi, can you please register me for lesson 2 .. thanks..

DONE! Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m
    edited October 2012
    Zoo, register me, but I may actually miss the lesson. :cry:

We have company coming in on Saturday, so I probably have to entertain... if only everyone would just Sim, the world would be a much better place! :D
    edited October 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    Zoo, register me, but I may actually miss the lesson. :cry:

We have company coming in on Saturday, so I probably have to entertain... if only everyone would just Sim, the world would be a much better place! :D

LOL! You just have to say, "Sorry, but I have a class to attend. Can you guys show yourselves out?" THAT won't cause any problems! :lol::lol::lol:

I will register you!
    oow785m
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited October 2012
    This pic shows off the "ambrosiaplate" f.e. code even better. Not sure what's cookin', but bet it's more appetizing than ambrosia :D

screenshot_original.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Ooh, looks mystical, Sharon!

I just used the F.E. in a build today (to simulate a caldron in a homemade alchemy station, using the chemistry set). Turned out great! I have the real alchemy station near it and they look good together.

For anyone who hasn't registered yet, lesson 2 is coming tomorrow and you still have time to get in on all the fun!
    oow785m
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited October 2012
    I am a bit new to Forums and threads, so the Fog Emitter course 2 will start tomorrow, Oct 14. Now, do I just keep coming to this thread, if so what time range is it as I am in Australia. I am good friends with Kaztomp and will ahve a chat to her for a bit more infor on how to do this course, looking forward to it all, thanks Vicki :shock:
    edited October 2012
    Glenkarri wrote:
    I am a bit new to Forums and threads, so the Fog Emitter course 2 will start tomorrow, Oct 14. Now, do I just keep coming to this thread, if so what time range is it as I am in Australia. I am good friends with Kaztomp and will ahve a chat to her for a bit more infor on how to do this course, looking forward to it all, thanks Vicki :shock:

Hi, and Welcome to Zoo U!

It is always so tricky to set the times for these classes because the teacher and the students may not be in the same part of the world.

I always have the teacher set the time convenient for themselves because, since I have guest lecturers from lots of different places, a DIFFERENT group of students is going to be happy with each Time Zone chosen!

I like to use this Time Zone Converter to figure out when the class will be in MY time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

If you make a mistake and miss class, don't worry. It's fun to be here "live" and it makes it possible to ask questions if you need to, but I leave up all Zoo U courses as self-paced online tutorials.

You can learn the lesson when it is convenient for you. And even if you need to ask a question and it is after the thread is no longer a live class, that is perfectly fine. Just post your question right on the class thread. I monitor these threads and if I can't answer your questions I will make sure your teacher knows to come here to answer them.
    oow785m
    edited October 2012
    Just letting you know I am here and ready. :wink: I'll see you guys again soon for the lecture!
  • originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited October 2012
    :D
    edited October 2012
    I may be able to be here for some of the class. We are expecting company. They are driving in from Denver, on their way now, so however long it takes them to get here, is how long I can goof around!! Here's wishing me luck, and a slow drive!! :mrgreen:
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited October 2012
    Dear Eve,

Your class is amazing and I will come get all your wisdom later on, but cannot attend during class time, I am so sorry!

Our foster daughter from when she was a young teen is visiting and she is having a baby and she is now 20 and is so happy...well, I need to spend time with her, she is and will always be our daughter (but I am going to be an AUNTIE ..LOL, her mother, gets to be Grandma :D)

Have fun with the class and thank you again for sharing your knowledge, Eve!!!

Hugs,
    Sharon
    edited October 2012
    Oh, oh, oh! *raises hand really high*

Is there any specific game we need to open? *looks around for Jess*

Will I get in trouble if I play in the Foot Shed? :shock:
    edited October 2012
    I understand Sharon. No worries! The lesson will be here when you get a chance.

Hi! :mrgreen: I'm going to start setting up now.
    edited October 2012
    Lesson 2 : Fog Emitter Advanced Techniques

This lesson will explain how to link hidden panels and the processor to fog emitters to create more complex effects and repeating effects. You will need the Ambitions expansion(fog emitter) and World Adventures(processor).

Important Information
    You must have the Ambitions expansion to have the fog emitter available for use. However, the fog emitter codes are universal. So even if you do not have a certain expansion, you can use the codes from that expansion and they will transfer through the upload/download process, even if the downloader does not have the expansion either. Of course, they do need the Ambitions expansion since the fog emitter itself does not transfer to those without Ambitions. I have confirmed this through testing with the help of a download tester.
    You must have World Adventures to have the processor.

Opening the Sims 3 Console
    In game, press the "c" key while holding the "Shift" and "Ctrl" keys. If you do it properly the screen will go darker and little blue line box will open. This is where you type in the hidden building tools and game cheats.

Any text that looks like this is a link!
    edited October 2012
    This lesson is in video format so you can see the effects in better detail. All of the information is in the video and I will be here for any questions as well.
    Btw the little warning at the front is not for you guys. Since I made it public, it's for my usual "watch half of the tutorial and ask a million questions" people, lol. You guys feel free to ask as many questions as you need.

[flash]<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ymAn-fYZiPE?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ymAn-fYZiPE?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/flash]

Link to Lesson For those of you who can't see the embedded video.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2012
    Tools & Information

Shift-able Fog Emitter Tool This is a mod that allows the fog emitter to be shifted vertically. The range is not unlimited but it is a nice tool and it is does transfer in the upload/download process. I've tested it. I would recommend this over the OMSP's but again, there is no guarantee that it won't become corrupted after another update.

There are so many more ways to use fog emitters and thousands of codes to try out. You can use them for almost every single type of Sims 3 creation. I've only gone over building uses here but they are amazing in machinima(Sims 3 movies) and photography as well. If you want an easy way to find the animations you want to use then check out my Fog Emitter Animations Series

You can also find an updated code list here: http://simsvip.com/?p=15204

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me in any of these places.

Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/sim.eve.5?ref=tn_tnmn

CreatEve Works- http://createveworks.blogspot.com/

or My Showcase Thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/352319.page

If you post on my page I probably won't see it. I get lost there...

Thanks so much for having me Zoo Professor and thanks to everyone who joined!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top