Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course Six: All About Fog Emitters-- Guest Lecturer: SimEve!--See Post One

Comments

• ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited September 2012
    sharonxyz wrote:
    I won't keep you guys, thank you Eve so much :D

@Zoo,

Consider in future a class on building bridges over water and making ponds meet pools? :)

Both great ideas, Sharon! I also saw your post that said you want to register for Lesson 2, so I will add you to the class roster right now!
    oow785m
    edited September 2012
    SimEve wrote:
    It looks like class time is just about over but if anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me in any of these places.

Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/sim.eve.5?ref=tn_tnmn

CreatEve Works- http://createveworks.blogspot.com/

or My Showcase Thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/352319.page

If you post on my page I probably won't see it. I get lost there...

Thanks so much for having me Zoo Professor and thanks to everyone who joined!

No, thank YOU! By the way, I was just in team e-mail and sashraf mentioned that she had just been through your very enjoyable class. This illustrates what I told you earlier about how there are WAY more students than ever register for your class.

Who knows how many builds you have influenced by this one class? :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited September 2012
    It was my pleasure. I'm looking forward to the next class as well.
    edited September 2012
    Register for Lesson 2 now!
    oow785m
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited September 2012
    Register me please for Lesson 2 thanks :D
    edited October 2012
    Glenkarri wrote:
    Register me please for Lesson 2 thanks :D

Done and Welcome to Zoo U! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • KaztompKaztomp Posts: 519 Member
    edited October 2012
    Please register me for Lesson 2 on FE's :)
    edited October 2012
    Kaztomp wrote:
    Please register me for Lesson 2 on FE's :)

I definitely will! Welcome back to Zoo U!
    oow785m
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi SimEve, Zoo, and everyone!

For my homework I did my cauldron project; 2 fe's under with "firepit" code, 3 "ambrosiaplate" coded fe's on top, used 3 endtables and moo of course.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Following are 3 screens of my witch...only midlevel or lower, the effects are more impressive later....playing with magic, 2 show the 'runes' and one is just an effect
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited October 2012
    This looks great, Sharon! Love your cauldron effects. SimEve has taught me that I have just barely scratched the surface of all the F.E. can do for my builds.
    oow785m
    edited October 2012
    sharonxyz wrote:
    Hi SimEve, Zoo, and everyone!

For my homework I did my cauldron project; 2 fe's under with "firepit" code, 3 "ambrosiaplate" coded fe's on top, used 3 endtables and moo of course.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Following are 3 screens of my witch...only midlevel or lower, the effects are more impressive later....playing with magic, 2 show the 'runes' and one is just an effect
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

That cauldron looks amazing! I still haven't found that code but it's a slow process. I have to do the f.e. videos when I can have full concentration. Between my little guy, my big guy :wink: and quitting caffeine, that doesn't leave a lot of time. LOL!
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2012
    Love the cauldron Sharon!

OK, I'm gonna go play around with mine now that I'm back at my place in Wyoming. :mrgreen:

Eve, how in the world do you quit caffeine? :shock: I have tried, on several occasions, but I am always unsuccessful... maybe because of my 4 cuppa day habit? :D

Those no-caffeine headaches are killers!
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited October 2012
    Can you register me for the remaining lessons on F.E.s too ZooProf? They sound fun to use...although I dont own WA or SuperNatural...will this hinder me in my lessons and homework? :( I can't afford other EPs or SPs right now... :shock:
    edited October 2012
    Can you register me for the remaining lessons on F.E.s too ZooProf? They sound fun to use...although I dont own WA or SuperNatural...will this hinder me in my lessons and homework? :( I can't afford other EPs or SPs right now... :shock:

Hi, EBG! I will register you and you can learn a lot from the class even if you don't have all the EPs or SPs, BUT you MUST have Ambitions because that is where the Fog Emitter is.

Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m
    edited October 2012
    I finally finished my Modern Home build from Wibbles class! Inspiriation from SimEve, thank you!

So, I took some of your effects, and finished up the outside, which I have been putting off. Here are a few shots.

I did the braziers on driveway entries:

Screenshot-11-1.jpg"width=640""height=45"

Closer view, with a firefly effect I have going in the background:

Screenshot-14-1.jpg"width=640""height=450"

And, I did a waterfall, pond thingee, too!

Screenshot-16-2.jpg"width=640""height=450"

Now, to just finish the little tiny things, make sure Wibble is ok with the upload, give credit to him for the build on Zoo U and SimEve for the effects on ZooU also, and I just might upload this. :mrgreen:

It could happen.
  • gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm interested in lesson 2. Sign me up. May be late. Thanks all.
    edited October 2012
    I can't stop! It's too addictive! Now I've added fireflies and butterflies to the pond:

Screenshot-23.jpg"width=640""height=450"

Put in a nice little garden on the side using Eve's creeping vine trick:

Screenshot-26.jpg"width=640""height=450"

And added some butterflies and bees to the side garden:

Screenshot-30.jpg"width=640""height=450"

I'm off, to have more fun!!! :mrgreen:
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited October 2012

Hi, EBG! I will register you and you can learn a lot from the class even if you don't have all the EPs or SPs, BUT you MUST have Ambitions because that is where the Fog Emitter is.

Welcome to Zoo U!

I have Ambitions as a Digital Download does that count?
    edited October 2012
    Hi EBG! As long as you have it installed, it sure does count. All my games are digital downloads. Welcome aboard, the class is fun. Have you taken a run through the first lesson? You'll love it! :D

*waves at Zoo and SimEve*
    edited October 2012

As long as you have Ambitions you can use the fog emitter. For the advanced lesson we are going to be using items from World Adventures though. You can still join in but you wouldn't be able to actually try out the advanced techniques.
    edited October 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    I finally finished my Modern Home build from Wibbles class! Inspiriation from SimEve, thank you!

So, I took some of your effects, and finished up the outside, which I have been putting off. Here are a few shots.

I did the braziers on driveway entries:

Screenshot-11-1.jpg"width=640""height=45"

Closer view, with a firefly effect I have going in the background:

Screenshot-14-1.jpg"width=640""height=450"

And, I did a waterfall, pond thingee, too!

Screenshot-16-2.jpg"width=640""height=450"

Now, to just finish the little tiny things, make sure Wibble is ok with the upload, give credit to him for the build on Zoo U and SimEve for the effects on ZooU also, and I just might upload this. :mrgreen:

It could happen.
    priscapup wrote:
    I can't stop! It's too addictive! Now I've added fireflies and butterflies to the pond:

Screenshot-23.jpg"width=640""height=450"

Put in a nice little garden on the side using Eve's creeping vine trick:

Screenshot-26.jpg"width=640""height=450"

And added some butterflies and bees to the side garden:

Screenshot-30.jpg"width=640""height=450"

I'm off, to have more fun!!! :mrgreen:

Yay! It looks great! Great job on all.
    edited October 2012
    I'm super sick atm and supposed to be going camping this weekend so you might not see me around for a few days but I'll be back on Monday unless I get eaten by a bear. :wink: I hope you all have a great weekend!
    edited October 2012
    Oh no, I'm torn between telling you to get well, and telling you to stay sick so a bear will find you offensive to eat! :shock:

How about this: Get well, enjoy your weekend camping, and stay away from the bears! :P

Oh, and thank you for the lovely comment on my lot! :mrgreen:
    edited October 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    Oh no, I'm torn between telling you to get well, and telling you to stay sick so a bear will find you offensive to eat! :shock:

How about this: Get well, enjoy your weekend camping, and stay away from the bears! :P

Oh, and thank you for the lovely comment on my lot! :mrgreen:

P-pup: GREAT work on your builds!

SimEve: So sorry to hear you are under the weather! Feel better and avoid bears!
    oow785m
    edited October 2012
    P-pup: GREAT work on your builds!

Thanks Zoo! I think I finally finished playing with the FE's on that lot. I'm thinking of sharing it on the exchange, not sure yet. Waiting for Wibble to confirm that it will be alright with him.

Isn't this so much fun? :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top