Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course Six: All About Fog Emitters-- Guest Lecturer: SimEve!--See Post One

Comments

• sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited September 2012
    Experts who are willing to share are a treasure!!!!

So glad I discovered Zoo U!

And I need to DL all of SimEve's studio and of course rec as I go to analyze the f.e. effects !!

also in my glance over caught a method of RAISING the emitter...WOW!!

Thank you!!
  • KaztompKaztomp Posts: 519 Member
    edited September 2012
    It is a lovely sunrise - a little bit overcast today in Brisbane but the Kookaburras are laughing their heads off (as usual - sheesh)! They're mighty cheery for being up this early - lol!

PS. I'm off now to play with the FE's and practise with some more codes and positions.. hopefully I don't embarrass myself when it comes time to show my pic :)
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited September 2012
    This was my cauldron before we had them, lol.

Screenshot-78.jpg

I didn't put this house in the lesson because I no longer have store items in my game and it looks funky.

I used this a code for this magic as well but I don't recommend this one. It causes town mode lag.

Screenshot-79.jpg
    edited September 2012
    Just have fun with it. :-)

This code is just funny. I think it would be perfect for a creepy lot. Maybe have them outside of a window or something. You can see more details of them in the dark.

Screenshot-112.jpg
    edited September 2012
    Eve, your pics are amazing, it's fun seeing different choices and learn the scale by doing...although some codes are self explanatory, scale is hard and you do too much as is!!

Of course i will practice later, but for an example based on our exchanges here, would FIREPIT and AMBROSIAPLATE combined give a cool caudron on a flame with magical smoke/fumes?
    edited September 2012
    I didn't include all of the weather codes because Seasons will soon be out and the codes really don't work well in a lot setting. They are great for photos though.
    edited September 2012
    I think that would be perfect, Sharon!
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2012
    This is amazing? How has anyone lived without the FE? I am completely speechless... well, almost, I always have something to say! I love this! I love the little shark swimming around my front yard! Now I'm going to use that sign tutorial, and make a "Beware of Shark" sign.

I will try to think of something great for homework... will be travelling to Wyoming in the morning, on the road for a couple of days, and having kitchen counters installed, so I may be several days before I can put anything up. But I won't forget!

Thank you, thank you!
    edited September 2012
    Lol! Awesome. The assignments can be put in any time before the next lesson so no rush. Have a safe trip. :)
    edited September 2012
    very creepy and cool!! :shock: :mrgreen:

how would you use a code simulating a vampire running? I think next week we will learn about chain reactions, timing, one time vs. full time vs. intermittent effect?

and if you already covered any of this, I apologize as so busy typing and reading that i haven't but skimmed the class info, i will pore over it later, promise.

I take it that homework is a screen shot?
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2012
    Oh, and *big waves* hiya Zoo!!! :mrgreen:

I'll be sure and make the next lesson, too.
    edited September 2012
    That's right Sharon. On both counts.

The vampire running code could be a cool effect in a machinima, I would think. In a lot setting, I'm not sure. Did you have something in mind?
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited September 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    Oh, and *big waves* hiya Zoo!!! :mrgreen:

I'll be sure and make the next lesson, too.

Hiya, P-pup! *waves to everyone*

Next lesson in TWO weeks, so there is time to do a good homework photo!
    oow785m
    edited September 2012
    Yes. Don't come back next weekend for I will be camping! :shock:
    edited September 2012
    Not in mind just yet, just so surprised when you wrote that f.e.'s could simulate any fx in game.

Have you used it?

have you solved the runes in the air trick?
    edited September 2012
    I haven't used that effect in any lots yet. What runes? Lol, I'm getting confused. :wink:
    edited September 2012
    the runes are an effect of a top level witch, possibly very top as in ones who mastered the Reanimation Ritual...but they have a whirl of what looks like runes or maybe just "sim alphabet letters"...but they are in different colors...though I think at any one moment all in the same color...the rune or 'letter's are maybe the size of a sim's hand or smaller? very visible and they show and fade out at different intermissions.

This is part of the Supernatural Ex.
    edited September 2012
    AH! I'm just starting to work on the Supernatural codes but if you need that code I can surely find it for you.
    edited September 2012
    OMG...I forgot to include a link to the actual list of codes...
    edited September 2012
    maybe i am imagining it, but maybe they are around the crystal ball in the magic set too,, but that's store content. the witch with Magic Hands is a for sure, just not positive what level...high though
    edited September 2012
    Eve, I would LOVE that code :)

and I have had your fx display videos with codes bookmarked since discovery :)
    edited September 2012
    This is so exciting and so fun!! In a couple years when i need a new computer I am CRANKING UP FX!!
    edited September 2012
    I'm building another witch cottage for Skymist's contest and have pained over building the shell, but it is unique.

BUT I prefer the coding to building...lol...I think more logically, and building in sim world is to me trial and error
    edited September 2012
    Hrmmm. They don't have any witch codes listed but they do have wizard codes. Could that be the same thing?
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited September 2012
    I just re-watched the Scenic Sanctum Tutorial and OMG! Eve, you could be a real life decorator! I don't even LIKE modern decor and I just love your stuff. The way you have used the F.E. (AND other stuff) to make the aquarium and the creeping ivy and the mural and the wall art and the firepits-- all genius!

To the rest of the class: if you haven't watched it yet, do yourself a favor and go there now!

I'm all inspired and off to build (just as soon as I update the D.N.A. request thread).

Have fun everyone and thanks again Professor Eve! :mrgreen:
    oow785m

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top