Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Please Make Patch! SIMGURUS PLEASE READ!! PRIORITY!!

Hey! I got The Sims 3 Supernatural limited edition, LOVE IT!! Only problem is, zombies keep spawning when its not a full moon and in the day. Anyone know how to fix this? I tried the cheat where you click on the mail box and take it away but it didnt work. Also, anyone else encountering this? I know that a LOT of people are getting this so if you know an upcoming patch is coming, that would be great. Sims FOREVER!!!
grumpy-cat-lick.gif

Comments

• CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Saving during the full moon causes this.
  • andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited September 2012
    They are working on a patch right now for it like the poster above said it's the moon phases so turn it off or something or start a new game and NOT save on a full moon...
  • Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited September 2012
    CuddlyBun wrote:

Now that I think about, I did save in a full moon. But is there any way to reverse it, or do I have to make new Sims? If I make new Sims, will this still happen?
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • LudovLudov Posts: 83 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't know.

Sadly, if I know anything of the Sims is that patching will probably take a long while.

They have 7 games worth of expansion they need to -try- to make sure will not causes any conflict with the patch(and vice versa), the usual plethoras of interlinked codes and programming lines they have to make sure do not break each others when fixing them(the Sims -is- a complex game) and ontop of that, at the end of the days.... they have to package that patch and make sure it works for more than a dozen different languages(if I recall, in fact, the number is closer to 20) because agai this is an area where any changes might accidently "break" something again if not done properly.

People often complains about the amount of stuff that is "never" fixed in a patch for a game like the Sims... but when someone gives it a little bit of perspectives, a game like the Sims is indeed quite a -monster- to patch when you think about it, especially with the tight release deadlines people must be working with there.

Sadly, it only means we might not see the patch until quite many a days, if not closer to weeks :(

The Sims's strenght is indeed it's complexity... but god am I happy not to be the person who must have to waddles through the thousand line of inter-related and interlinked codes and try to make sure, somehow, that nothing breaks when working on them.
  • UnwillingDonorUnwillingDonor Posts: 1,093 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Ralf453 wrote:
    CuddlyBun wrote:

Now that I think about, I did save in a full moon. But is there any way to reverse it, or do I have to make new Sims? If I make new Sims, will this still happen?

I dont think theres a fix but i can help you get your family to a new game.
    Go into edit town, now evict your current household, choose "move out with home" now when they are on the clipboard click "save copy to library"after this you can make your new game and place them down with their house and all their belongings, they keep their skill levels too! You will however lose relationships with the sims in town, in other words youll be friendless :P. You could fix that by using "testingcheatsenabled true" then clicking and dragging the friendship bar until your sims have a few of their old friends back if youd like.
  • andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Ludov wrote:
    I don't know.

Sadly, if I know anything of the Sims is that patching will probably take a long while.

They have 7 games worth of expansion they need to -try- to make sure will not causes any conflict with the patch(and vice versa), the usual plethoras of interlinked codes and programming lines they have to make sure do not break each others when fixing them(the Sims -is- a complex game) and ontop of that, at the end of the days.... they have to package that patch and make sure it works for more than a dozen different languages(if I recall, in fact, the number is closer to 20) because agai this is an area where any changes might accidently "break" something again if not done properly.

People often complains about the amount of stuff that is "never" fixed in a patch for a game like the Sims... but when someone gives it a little bit of perspectives, a game like the Sims is indeed quite a -monster- to patch when you think about it, especially with the tight release deadlines people must be working with there.

Sadly, it only means we might not see the patch until quite many a days, if not closer to weeks :(

The Sims's strenght is indeed it's complexity... but god am I happy not to be the person who must have to waddles through the thousand line of inter-related and interlinked codes and try to make sure, somehow, that nothing breaks when working on them.

I agree with this I'm so glad I'm not the one that has to fix it. This person(s) probably hate their job lol
  • Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited September 2012
    Ralf453 wrote:
    CuddlyBun wrote:

I dont think theres a fix but i can help you get your family to a new game.
    Go into edit town, now evict your current household, choose "move out with home" now when they are on the clipboard click "save copy to library"after this you can make your new game and place them down with their house and all their belongings, they keep their skill levels too! You will however lose relationships with the sims in town, in other words youll be friendless :P. You could fix that by using "testingcheatsenabled true" then clicking and dragging the friendship bar until your sims have a few of their old friends back if youd like.

Thanks, I'll be sure to try this. I hope it works :(
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited September 2012
    I saved on a full moon so I also have this problem with zombies spawning all the time. I put a fence around my garden to protect it from the zombies. I just ignore them if I can. However, Zombies are pretty stupid and can't figure out how to walk around my house. I have testing cheats turned on and I use move objects to delete them when I get tired of listening to their stupid sounds.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited September 2012
    I do hope they get it worked out soon. I don't have the problem, but I can see many do. At least it seems there is a temporary fix though. I also want to thank the op for being civil and mature in their post. I have seen some very nasty posts on this forum about this glitch. I do think people have a right to be upset about this because it's a problem, but some aren't handling it right.
  • Rhedd_VRhedd_V Posts: 218 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm just going to start copying/pasting my post, since this is the 4th thread on a related subject on the front page right now. ^_^

It's a bug. It's been discussed, pinpointed, and fixed over on Twallan's site.

See, the state of your moon is not being saved with your saved game. So, when you load a game, your moon state is set back to waxing crescent, 2 days until the next full moon. Every. Single. Time.

This also means that if you save your game when it's a full moon, and then load it again later, all of the effects of the full moon will still be there, but the game will reset to thinking it's a waxing crescent, so it'll never remove the full moon effects. Result: constant zombies.

Twallan fixed this with his Overwatch mod less than a day after it was discovered. Both the infinite zombies and the moon cycles work perfectly now.

I honestly don't see how people can play The Sims without Twallan's mods (repairs).
  • Richard0092Richard0092 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Does anyone if the problem will be solved when copying your game? Or will the zombie thing be copied with it?
    edited September 2012
    Copy how, exactly?
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2012
    Rhedd_V wrote:

I honestly don't see how people can play The Sims without Twallan's mods (repairs).

Me either. I had to stop using his Story Progression mod, which makes me sad, but it was causing too much lag in my game. However I CANNOT play without Overwatch, Master Controller, Relativity, and Register (to get rid of lag causing wild horses and strays). Some people say they're so afraid to use mods, but honestly your game is more likely to get broken without them, lol. As long as you know how to update them properly, there's no harm to be done.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    edited September 2012
    Rhedd_V wrote:
    Copy how, exactly?

You can copy your game, so you have two games that are the same. I'm going to try it when home and will let know if it works.
    edited September 2012
    Rhedd_V wrote:
    Copy how, exactly?

You can copy your game, so you have two games that are the same. I'm going to try it when home and will let know if it works.
    Right. I'm guessing, but unfortunately I'm guessing that it won't work. Although it misses the moon phase, the game seems to save special full moon states just fine, so it'll probably be the same way in the copy.
    edited September 2012
    Indeed, just found out it doesn't work the way I hoped it would.
  • carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited September 2012
    There is a glitch or bug that happened when I recieved gifts. It crashed to desktop and now my witch wont save to bin. Says something to the effect of werewolves or supernatural beings need to be in human form. There is no transition sims like werewolves. I have a fairy and a witch. Took them into CAS just to make sure. They are ok. Anyone else have this?
  • FelliinneeFelliinnee Posts: 223 New Member
    edited September 2012
    It Isn't caused by saving in the full moon because I saved on full moon and I got only five zombies in my garden and they were too busy doing the smustle :D
    edited September 2012
    Felliinnee wrote:
    It Isn't caused by saving in the full moon because I saved on full moon and I got only five zombies in my garden and they were too busy doing the smustle :D
    Wait for it. ^_^