Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonlight Falls has lost its magic - Town breaking glitch

Hi,

For some reason, all of the Sims in Moonlight Falls have lost their entire everything. Like all Sims are unemployed and the occult Sims have all reverted to human. It's not like I can't make one, cause I can. So I did some testing and removed all of my mods and tested and still got this effect so it has to be something else. I'm going to try a reinstall later on this week too busy to do it at the moment but it would be nice to see if anyone else has this problem and knows how to resolve, cause I don't want to reinstall :(

Comments

• Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Anyone else having this problem?
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2012
    No i am not but you should check to see if all of your mods are up to date. If you do choose to do a re install then i highly suggest just re naming The Sims 3 folder and starting up the launcher to generate a new one. Works like a fresh re install. From there you can cut and paste your saves from the old folder. See if this helps any.. And remember, check your mods. Removing them might not do anything because it has already "corrupted" and damaged your saves.

Edit: I just read what i typed and i guess if it already effected your saves then you might want to start fresh with that new folder. :-)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited September 2012
    No i am not but you should check to see if all of your mods are up to date. If you do choose to do a re install then i highly suggest just re naming The Sims 3 folder and starting up the launcher to generate a new one. Works like a fresh re install. From there you can cut and paste your saves from the old folder. See if this helps any.. And remember, check your mods. Removing them might not do anything because it has already "corrupted" and damaged your saves.

Edit: I just read what i typed and i guess if it already effected your saves then you might want to start fresh with that new folder. :-)

I just tried what you suggested and it worked, thank you. :)
    I'm hoping it'll fix a couple of other things that I might have got corrupted as well. For example, I had custom body hair that was no longer in my mods file but kept on appearing in CAS.