Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Desert World (Need lot builders please!)

I'm nearing completion of a new world but need some lot builders. The world has custom lighting and water colors, a new saguaro cactus which works like any other tree and some recolors and remodels of existing plants and rocks which are not overrides.

The world won't require store content/worlds and will be totally basegame compatible.

Please message me if you could supply a lot for me. I'm looking for something maxis/ea themed which is base game only. Thanks :wink:

teaser.png

teaser2.png

Comments

• Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Very nice looking so far!
  • SimExpertJaredSimExpertJared Posts: 865 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm nearing completion of a new world but need some lot builders. The world has custom lighting and water colors, a new saguaro cactus which works like any other tree and some recolors and remodels of existing plants and rocks which are not overrides.

The world won't require store content/worlds and will be totally basegame compatible.

Please message me if you could supply a lot for me. I'm looking for something maxis/ea themed which is base game only. Thanks :wink:

Hey, I have plenty of lots to choose from! All are base game friendly, except one that requires diesel... please feel free to use any of them, I will just ask that you tell me when you release the world. I would also just ask that you put my name under your world description for the lot credit. If you would like to use any of my houses please just let me know...bookmarked cuz your world looks great! I have some worlds too :mrgreen: And how is the sky so light blue? Did you do anything to it or was that the way it was?
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love it, and I can't wait to see more pics :D These new trees are awesome :thumbup:
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited September 2012
    Looks good so far, I like the terrain painting. You may have more luck if you post in Creative Corner also. :D
  • aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thanks SimExpertJared I'll take a look at them when I get chance :D

@Nilxis if you want any plants let me know and I'll share them seperately as they are currently merged with the world file.

Here's some pics of the test world as of today ...

DesertSunset.png

TheFalls.png
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited September 2012
    @Nilxis if you want any plants let me know and I'll share them seperately as they are currently merged with the world file.
    That would be great! I'm sure I'll use them in future worlds :D
  • ThomsonJamieThomsonJamie Posts: 392 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Wow! It looks great! I haven't got any lots up at the moment apart from two I made last year which are quite frankly, cringe-worthy.

What architectural style are you going for? If you give me some lot sizes I could do residential and community lots if you'd like :)
    edited September 2012
    Where does everyone get those awesome signatures (like thomsonjamies's) So if you know tell me on my page
    edited September 2012
    Thanks ThomsonJamie I really appreciate it. Typical lot sizes are 30x40, 20x30, 30x30, 30x40 and 60x60.

The 60x60s will be modern desert houses like those in lucky palms while the lower portion of town will have smaller 50's styled houses, some modern and some traditional.

I'll upload the plants when the world is final as they havent been tested fully and they'll need to be updated for seasons no doubt :roll:
    edited September 2012
    Where does everyone get those awesome signatures (like thomsonjamies's) So if you know tell me on my page

Hehe thanks! I'll make you one if you'd like? :) I make my own on photoshop and fireworks.
    Typical lot sizes are 30x40, 20x30, 30x30, 30x40 and 60x60.

The 60x60s will be modern desert houses like those in lucky palms while the lower portion of town will have smaller 50's styled houses, some modern and some traditional.

Great! I'll get to work straight away! (I'm waiting until I get supernatural before I finish my own world :lol:)

I'll probably be going for this style in the modern buildings:

Casa-CC-01-800x530.jpg
    1270_278_Modern_Residential_Architecture_from_Zero.jpg

And something like these for the cheap 50's styled homes:
    497356051_71f2ab28f4.jpg

.. If those are okay :)

Do you need rabbithole lots too? It would be great if you could send me your street base and sidewalk textures, so I can match the paving and/or parking spaces on bigger lots :)
    edited September 2012
    Yay! I figured out how to make a nice signature! It was Easy!
    edited September 2012
    @ThomsonJamie

Those are exaclty what I want!

I'll be doing the rabbit hole lots myself because they'll be recolors

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. :D

Here's the road textures. All other textures are the originals.

https://www.rapidshare.com/#!download|801|1529527272|asphalt2.dds|350
    https://www.rapidshare.com/#!download|456|1106686878|sidewalk.dds|350
    https://www.rapidshare.com/#!download|785|239799392|cornersidewalk.dds|350
    edited September 2012
    @ThomsonJamie

Those are exaclty what I want!

I'll be doing the rabbit hole lots myself because they'll be recolors

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. :D

Here's the road textures. All other textures are the originals.

https://www.rapidshare.com/#!download|801|1529527272|asphalt2.dds|350
    https://www.rapidshare.com/#!download|456|1106686878|sidewalk.dds|350
    https://www.rapidshare.com/#!download|785|239799392|cornersidewalk.dds|350

Thanks! I have lots of plans drawn out now, excited to get started tomorrow as it's now rather late here in the UK :lol:

So I should use base game objects only?

And now that you mention it, I can see the recolored diner sign in those screenshots! It looks groovy :3
    edited September 2012
    Great! I'm still working on it as we speak. I'm from the uk too :-)

If you dont mind yeah as it'll be a basegame world. thanks!

Glad you noticed the sign. I included it on purpose :lol:
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited September 2012
    @aaronrogers8i3 ~~ AWESOME looking world right now! Can't wait 'til it's finished.

BTW, are you a Green Bay Packers fan?? (or is that your real name??) :wink:
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited September 2012
    Hey, have you decided to use any of my lots?
    edited September 2012
    Have you considered any of my lots?
    edited September 2012
    Quick update. The world is still going forward slowly. At least it has a name now!

@MsPrissy88 Thanks, Should be out sometime in november and no that is actually my name lol.

@SimExpertJared Hi. sorry for such a late reply. I've taken a look and i do have my eye on The Vernon lot you made so it might be in the world. keep an eye out :wink:

Here's some pics of the new rabbit holes and the logo!

CriminalBeta.png

DowntownBeta.png
    edited September 2012
    I could make u a signature for your world if you give me a picture of it! I can send you the url here on the forum!
  • GiddyinGiddyin Posts: 6
    edited September 2012
    Does this world have any close 60 by 60 or 64 by 64 lots?
    edited September 2012
    OMG I LOVE IT! It looks great seriously, as do your new trees. I'm nearly finished one of my celebrity houses but it's so hard to only use base game stuff! :lol:

I really can not wait for this to be released!

PS The logo is awesome.
    edited September 2012
    @SimExpertJared - Thanks but I wont need one just yet. Maybe when the world looks a bit more complete lol.

@Giddyin - Yeah there's a few scattered around. Most of them are community lots though.

@ThomsonJamie - Really appreciate it and yeah I agree it's a nightmare :P

My goal is for november after seasons is out. I've made a custom flyover today so things are looking good :mrgreen:

Couldn't post without leaving a pic for you all. Sorry it's nothing special :lol:

JCNCorp.jpg
    edited September 2012
    Aaron, I've been working on the lot, but I get an error every time I try to use the "share" function in game. Do you know a way around this?
    I also need some help with a tree if that's okay, I'll send you a message :)
    edited October 2012
    Any progress? We haven't heard from you lately!
  • GuinipigsGuinipigs Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    Just an idea. If you like horses and it is a desert why not add an Arabian herd. They live in the deserts of Arabia. Well since we are there why not add Arabian clothing and Nomadic People (Homeless people that live in caravans. Let me know what you think. :)