Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need to vent. I hate Origin. I hate hate hate Origin. (kind of resolved)

I'd love to talk about Supernatural and how awesome it is, but you see, I haven't yet even gotten my order. Here's what happened:

1. I pre-order the Supernatural expansion well in advance of its release. I select normal shipping. I try to pay with a credit card. It keeps bouncing (I've had this issue before, and neither I nor EA has any idea why it won't take my card; this has "been escalated" but nobody's ever gotten back to me about it). So I try PayPal, thinking it might be like eBay and send me to a CC payment screen. Nope. It wants a password, and my official PayPal account's been broken for years and PP doesn't care to fix it despite repeated requests. I give up at that point.

2. A few days later I get the formal cancellation notice, which was unexpected considering no order was completed. I log back in and this time use EA cash cards to place a whole new order, and that goes fine. Yay!

3. A few days later I get shipping confirmation numbers for BOTH orders. I immediately call and re-cancel the first order, which charged the credit card Origin kept refusing. I'll get my refund in 5-7 days. They have no explanation for why the order went through despite my not confirming it, and no idea why the first cancellation notice didn't finish the 1st order.

4. I check the shipping confirmation orders a few days later and discover BOTH orders are on their way. I call again and after I throw a fit an agent finally issues a manual refund for the first order as long as I send it back. I promise to do so; at this point (9/5) the page says I'll see them both today. UPS apparently gave the packages to the Post Office (a true "what the huh?" move if I ever saw one).

5. On 9/8 still no sign of either game though the website says one order was confirmed as delivered. I call the USPS and they say the 2nd order was indeed delivered on 9/5. But I didn't get it. The 1st is lost in the system somewhere but might still get here, who knows. Someone from my local branch should be calling me Monday. They've advised I call EA about the 2nd package to file a lost complaint. Shyeah, as if. Not till I have at least one copy of Supernatural in my hot little hands.

6. 9/10: It's almost noon. No call, and no package. At this point the ONLY thing that seems to be going the way Origin's promised is that I did get the refund notice in my email.

Origin, you are so incompetent as a system that I can't even call you Mickey Mouse. I will never, ever give you money again. Ever. I don't care what the pre-order perks are. NEVER AGAIN. EVER. I've finally learned my lesson.

Comments

• BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited September 2012
    Ew I am so sorry. I've never had such issues with Origin. I've had issues with their rude customer service, but never so much hassle with preordering, payments, lost packages, etc.

I would call them and chew them a new one.
    giphy.gif
  • ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thanks Brandi :) Oh, I did. That's how I got them to manually credit the first order back before I'd even gotten it. They were just going "too bad, so sad" till I began demanding free simpoints or a resolution right now. I spend way too much dang money on this electronic dollhouse to put up with that.
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited September 2012
    ivinian wrote:
    Thanks Brandi :) Oh, I did. That's how I got them to manually credit the first order back before I'd even gotten it. They were just going "too bad, so sad" till I began demanding free simpoints or a resolution right now. I spend way too much dang money on this electronic dollhouse to put up with that.

Of course! Players that have serious issues with ordering like you did need some reason to stick with EA. Right now they haven't shown you much respect as a customer.
    giphy.gif
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited September 2012
    boy, am I glad mine got there without a problem, otherwise it would've been a nightmare for my bro (who ordered it for me).
    Sometimes I wonder if EA/Origin cares about their customers, because I hear so many horrible stories about them... now I know what EA stands for Evil Ar$3h0l35! :lol:
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited September 2012
    this is why I refuse to pre-order through EA... ever...

I either pre-order with gamestop and pick it up in person or I get it from target on release day.

I'm sorry that you had problems and that EA is taking this so casually. Treating customers like this is a horrible business practice. I hope it all resolves for you soon!
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • friohurfriohur Posts: 1,722 Member
    edited September 2012
    uh the mailman just came by and i got my game... don't hate me :o

hope things work out for you soon
    Robin: You’re overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed-why isn’t anyone ever just whelmed?

Robin: If dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster? See, instead of things going wrong, they go right.
  • Itamu4Itamu4 Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2012
    well at least you only got charged twice for the game you didn't get. when sims 2 pets came out I got charged three times for the game I never got... needless to say I never buy physical products through origin anymore.
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited September 2012
    +Sorry to hear about this. I tried to talk to them twice in the past - once they told me a store issue I was having was a gameplay issue and they couldn't help (after over an hour of trying to speak with someone) and the 2nd time, I never even got a response. That's when I decided I would never deal directly with them again.

I preorder at a store where I can pick up the disc myself on release day. If I have an issue, customer service is right there to help and make it right, because they actually want my business.
  • TwistedTransistorTwistedTransistor Posts: 154 Member
    edited September 2012
    Their customer service IS rude. One person on the live chat even accused me of being uncooperative and unpatient when I had been anything but those two things :x
    Trying pre-ordering from Amazon next time. They've never been bad to me
  • mellysuemellysue Posts: 238 Member
    edited September 2012
    I've been having customer service issues lately as well. I can't redeem my cash card, and I've been waiting for 6 days to get some kind of resolution to it because I just wasted $20 if not. And I have been waiting for 3 days to hear from the "expert team" that my issue was "escalated" to. They really do have crappy customer service now. I hope something gets worked out, though. I would be very grumpy if it were me.
  • pkboopkboo Posts: 218 Member
    edited September 2012
    Sorry to hear about the screw up. About the one that said it was delivered have you asked your neighbors if it was delivered to their house by mistake? It happened with a christmas present my mom bought me last year and it went next door instead of to our house and those neighbors took 3 weeks to even bother bringing it over and by this time my mom and called the bookstore and they had a new copy shipped and we had already gotten it and christmas had already passed so mom took back to bookstore to give it back to them.
    edited September 2012
    Thanks guys :) I've got a dilemma now. I just got the original credit card ordered game (the one that shouldn't ever have happened and which was cancelled TWICE), but the one I actually wanted is totally MIA. I just talked to the post carrier and she has no idea what's going on as she's not the normal person on that route. So I doubt I'll ever see it at this point. But the peashooter set code works fine, it's in my purchase history now, and in the end, I'll have precisely and only ONE game--one that I will have actually paid for fair and square. (As far as we know, the cancelled order's been refunded already so as of now, I'm only out $40.)

As you-know-who is my witness, I've got no clue what to do at this point. Calling EA to see if I can just keep this one. I haven't even opened the box yet. If it contains just a picture of Alfred E Neuman laughing at me, I won't be all that shocked.
    edited September 2012
    EA was actually pretty nice to me. I did open my box as it looked tampered with (the pull-tab thing on the cardboard was torn and clearly had been opened already), but the game was indeed inside it and still shrink-wrapped. Whew.

The guy I talked to sounded really competent. He verified that the CC refund had gone through and said that at the end of the day, they have $40, not $80, and I have only one game. So I am free to play it :) If the other game comes in the mail ever (HA! I used to work for a cell phone company... want to guess how often that happens?), just send it back.

Still annoyed at Origin, but at least I've got ONE game and paid ONE time for it. I'm off to install :) Thanks for listening, guys :) You are wonderful!
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Well, at least you got a game in the end. :) I've heard all of the horror stories from ordering on Origin, so I just stick to Amazon.