Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Through Colour Blind Eyes" Rainbowacy - Gen 2 - Tapestry - Updated 04/06/2018

Comments

• itsjulieitsjulie Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited March 2014
    :lol: he is collecting up strays :lol:
    like a child bringing home injures animals for daddy to fix :-)

Chapter 23

Screenshot-19-2-1.jpg"width=600"
    tcbforum.gif

100 Little Weeds - 100 baby challenge

• iButterfreeiButterfree Posts: 2,043 Member
    edited March 2014
    For sure :D Looks like he's been lucky and things are running smoothly enough at the moment. Crossing my fingers that it will stay that way, though I know there has to be a big blow up at some point :roll:

That was an...interesting scene in the bathroom. :lol: It was hilarious (I loved Tap's face in that one pic just as Crystal uses a toilet), but it was kind of sad too. It emphasizes how we take for granted the seriously simple things and privilege of having someone to take care of us and teach us.
    I saw from your comment on the blog that Tap is going to have a lot of similar situations like this one. Can't wait :lol:

Oh, in case you're interested in adding spare Berry Sims to run around in your game, I've finally gotten around to making and uploading some (something I've wanted to do for a while now.) The list of what I have so far is here. It's a bit frustrating though since uploading the pictures to the blog changes the colors on most the Sims for some reason :?
    mss8gv9
    edited April 2014
    ewwwww :D Ive bookmarked your blog on my reading list - when i get 5 minutes ill have a read :-)
    ive just been looking at your berry sims :wink: you have some cuties there :D
    keep your eyes peeled - you never know the next time i bring in a new character :wink: if you don't mind me using any of your sims!!
    I always need new berry sims and I get a little sick of making them :x

Oh yes Tap is having some fun .. as you will see in chapter 24 :lol:

Chapter 24

chapter24.jpg"width=600"

tcbforum.gif

edited April 2014
    I actually managed to catch the update before you posted here by doing one of my occasional checks of all the stories I have bookmarked :lol: I felt a bit like a ninja :D (Bit disappointed these forums don't have a ninja smiley :? ) Tap really did have his work cut out for him. Hope those bad people don't make an appearance now that those two are in the woods.

As a bit of a heads up, the beginning chapters of my main 100 Baby Challenge are much different from how they are currently. It took me a while to find the balance of length and story-telling, and I'm in the process of going back to edit mostly that first section to flesh our certain parts more and fix the constant switching between past and present tense.

For others to use them is why I made them :D Take who you want, or use none at all. I just like giving people options :) I'll be uploading some more today.
    mss8gv9
    edited April 2014
    :D
    We all do that - sometimes I go back to the beginning of my rainbowacy and cringe - I want to rewrite it :lol: you know what they say practice makes perfect - I go back to my first attempts at writing anything HERE and just want to die :lol:
    you have a problem with past and present tense too :x Im terrible for it - i write EVERYTHING in present tense and have to go back and change it all :roll:

I havent managed to make a start on reading yours as I've been snowed under - but I have been having a sneak at your sims :wink: keep your eyes open - you might be seeing one shortly :lol:

Chapter 25

chapter25.jpg"width=600"
    tcbforum.gif

edited April 2014
    Mmhmm. Yup. I remember the days when my writing was similar to that XD (and the times it was much, much worse). Even the difference in quality in my writing has such a drastic difference in it compared to how it was at the beginning of 2013 and at the end of 2013. Just keeping at it and trying to improve really does make such an impact.

At the beginning of my story I was trying to do my Sim's narration as if everything was happening at the moment she was speaking about it, but I would shift into the past tense without noticing it. Now I've decided to stick with the past tense (save for a few parts here and there where the present tense is needed), but yeah, that first part is such a mess. So don't worry about reading it right away :lol: I'm hoping to get to making some improvements over the weekend.

Ooh, I'm curious to see who you might pick. Now I want to read the next chapters even more :mrgreen:
    mss8gv9
  • XTremeGnomeSXTremeGnomeS Posts: 684 Member
    edited April 2014
    I thoroughly enjoy this legacy!
    edited April 2014
    @Butterfree :D you will be amazed how it changes - I have been
    its funny i proof read my own chapters like an idiot looking for mistakes (because I know im the worlds worst speller and my gramma is far from good )and I doubt very much i find them all - but when I'm reading other peoples stuff I dont even look for them and never notice any.

I was going to use one of your boys in chapter 26 part 2 - and thought better of it because his part would have been for just 1 chapter then I couldn't use him again - but i have one of your boys sitting waiting :wink: Ive got a part in mind for him coming up pretty soon :P

@XTremeGnomes :D I'm glad you are enjoying it!!
    Thank you for reading and commenting.

Chapter 26 part 1

chapter26-1.jpg"width=600"

Chapter 26 part 2 will be along in a few days :D
    tcbforum.gif

edited April 2014
    I generally give my chapters one read through and edit before I post them, though for the ones that are more important and dramatic I really go all out with them trying to catch everything. I'm still finding mistakes in the chapters I've read a hundred times though :lol: There's always something, and I try not to stress too much about it :roll:

To be honest, I did find the incorrect spelling and grammar in your works distracting at first. Then I got used to it, and now I hardly even notice it ^^ The story is great, and that's the important part :D

Good to hear! I'd be thrilled to even just see one of them in the background, but that you want to use him for more than one part makes it better :mrgreen: Can't wait to see what you have in store :D
    mss8gv9
    edited April 2014
    :shock: I hope my spelling and grammar aren't that bad!!!

although one thing i will say - I am in England - Colour is spelt that way for us :lol: whereas Americans spell it color
    I was bombarded by people telling me I'm spelling colour wrong when I started this :lol: it was driving me cuckoo!!

Ive been picked up on a lot of misspelled words that are actually correct for me using England English - by people using American English.

Why we can't all use the same English is beyond me!!

Chapter 26 - part 2

chapter26-2.jpg"width=600"
    tcbforum.gif

edited April 2014
    No, no, it's really not that bad :-o The main thing I've noticed is that you tend to use a lot of run-on sentences, but like I said before I hardly pay attention to the grammatical ins and outs as I just want to dig deeper into the story :D

Wow, I can't believe people thought you were spelling it wrong. I was aware it was spelt "colour" for you guys (Firefox spell-check is telling me it's wrong, lol). Some people really need to expand their cultural knowledge :roll:

But if we all used the same English we wouldn't have fun videos like this, this, or this :lol:
    mss8gv9
    edited April 2014
    :lol:

run on sentences :?: is that my ... dot obssession ... so i dont have to stop?? ... I know I do it a little too much :-) :lol:

Im rebuilding the main rainbow file because its become irritating laggy because its getting old and heavy ... so while the Tapestry chapters are on hold for probably another week - I have something to keep you entertained :wink:

a side story

GRAVEL 1

Gravel1.jpg"width=600"

this is a 4 part story that runs into probably a 6 part Slate story before it returns back to Gravel again for another ??? many parts.

This side story is being published on the Behind Colourful Eyes blog - so they wont interfere with the main story when it starts running again
    tcbforum.gif

edited April 2014
    Yeah, the dots are part of the run-on sentences :-) The other part is the comma splices- where a comma is where a full stop/period should be. So for example, we'll take a paragraph from what you've just posted:

The original:
    "If she's walking around half naked for his benefit, if she's trying to get some attention from him it's definitely not working, he doesn't bat an eyelid, while me, I would so have taken advantage of the situation by now, not sat there reading the newspaper!!"

Without the splices:
    "If she's walking around half naked for his benefit, if she's trying to get some attention from him, it's definitely not working. He doesn't bat an eyelid! While me, I would so have taken advantage of the situation by now- not sit there reading the newspaper!"

So stuff like that. Forgive me for going into examples and all that. I was an editor on my school's newspaper for a long time, and all my friends have me correct their papers and essays so I can't help myself from going into detail :lol:

I see. I have been checking the blog constantly over the weekend waiting for an update (I had nothing to do as my car broke and I couldn't go home as I had planned), but it makes sense that you would have to do that. I know Story Progression causes my saves to lag so awfully after a generation or so. I usually end up just turning it off.
    This first part of the side story is already keeping me entertained. I was a bit anxious of Gravel's and Coral's attraction and how it might hurt Slate, but now that I can see that he doesn't really care about Coral I'm rooting for her ending up with Gravel :mrgreen:
    mss8gv9
    edited May 2014
    :) I see what you mean - the way you wrote it does read a lot better!!
    :roll: I tend to pay more attention to the spelling - I'll have to watch those comas a little better!!
    the dots I just cant help :lol: :roll:

I dont turn SP off because I want the 1st and 2nd generation to get on with what they are doing - I check up on them regularly to see what they are up to - i have a base for the story but the sims running around in the background are doing things and creating situations that add to the story :D you'll be surprised at what their background antics have created :lol: it is only the heir who does not get the choice of partner - all of the other relationships are chosen by the sims :D The file is getting old and glitchy and I'm really miffed that I've lost a couple of sims - they have completely vanished - one of them i didnt have saved either :? So its in serious need of a rebuild.

If you are bored - pop here - you can see what Cherry and Affair are up to at the moment :wink: if you look on the May OTP thread 8) I'm using them for the month :D

Gravel 2

Gravel2.jpg"width=600"
    tcbforum.gif

edited May 2014
    tcbforum.gif

edited May 2014
    tcbforum.gif

edited May 2014
    tcbforum.gif

edited May 2014
    tcbforum.gif

edited May 2014
    Yay!

How's the rebuilding coming along? :D
    mss8gv9
    edited May 2014
    Im there almost :D
    I can't believe there are SO MANY characters and sims from the past two gens :lol:
    Ive had to move most of them over to the new file :roll:

Hopefully I'll be able to take the pics for taps next chapter over the next few days or so :D

SLATE 2

Screenshot-37-4-1.jpg"width=600"
    tcbforum.gif

edited May 2014
    tcbforum.gif

edited May 2014
    tcbforum.gif