Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scanning for ghosts on ghost hunting career

Comments

• Options
    ashaleyfayashaleyfay Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    I've been having the same problem. At first I just thought it was supposed to happen (stupid of me I know) then when I realized it wasn't I figured I would just wait for an update that fixes it. I'm glad there is an open chat that lets us complain about these things though. :)
  • Options
    jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited December 2012
    THAT'S REALLY BAD!
    this is the first time that I'm playing the ghost hunter career, I have all the updates, so I can't play this career anymore due to this bug.
  • Options
    jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited December 2012
    ashaleyfay wrote:
    I've been having the same problem. At first I just thought it was supposed to happen (stupid of me I know) then when I realized it wasn't I figured I would just wait for an update that fixes it. I'm glad there is an open chat that lets us complain about these things though. :)

I thought the same :d
  • Options
    embrisa69embrisa69 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Are they ever going to fix this problem?

I can see this has been going on for some time now and literally months later this career still is not fixed.. what BS. Truly. C'mon EA.. let's fix this mess up.

• Options
    Enjay4YouEnjay4You Posts: 24
    edited December 2012
    Bump
    I posted a complaint about this in another thread before seeing this one, I'm shouting out my voice to EA too. I have the same problem and now I dont feel like playing the game, why do they keep botching these games, Bring back the original creators as those games weren't problematic and neither did they need patching left right and centre. Mods in those games were about tweaking the game to individual play not fixing issues with such things as disappearing sims, broken jobs or disappearing objects. So many issues with this series that its silly. If EA had kept the features of the Sims 2 but update the graphics and open up the towns there would be no need for patching ever two minutes. The problems I encountered with the Sims 2 came when EA took over the last couple of EPs. go figure.
  • Options
    raspizraspiz Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I just started playing again after an extended break and was really enjoying this profession option for my vampire in Moonlight Falls.

I thought I was doing something wrong since I wasn't seeing any ghost spawns. Would have been fun to do but looks like this one's not getting fixed any time soon.

I guess I'll just work around it and do the other job options like other people said.

Thanks for all the posts, letting me know that it wasn't just me!
  • Options
    FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I never had a problem with the ghost hunter career before, it was running smmothly until this bug came and that really bugs me. I can't even pass to level 8, with my current household. She is a normal sim, doing this career in Monte Vista,anyone else for the last 3 months is really annoyed with this glitch ? I am beacause this is not what i want in my game, :thumbdown: "Bravo EA, Best thing Ever ".
  • Options
    computerguyj13computerguyj13 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Just want to add my name to the list. Bravo EA lying for the past four months about a fix coming in just a few days. WTH! Really you can charge $40 for an expansion and then gouge the crap out of us on the store, but when it comes to the tiniest bit of support we're just SOL. I wish Maxis had never sold out to your monster of a company. Things were much better when they were independent. But that's the new american story right? Big business gets money doesn't care about it's clients because there are millions more where they came from. Done ranting. Get a fix out already!!!!!!
  • Options
    Bethany828Bethany828 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Same here. I have the same glitch where when you have the ghost hunter career you can scan for ghosts and 'find' them but then they don't appear so you can evict them.
  • Options
    DrZagreusDrZagreus Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I'm also getting credit for finding them, but no ghosts to actually evict. EA that patch that was meant to take 5-6 days any chance of you, actually carrying out the patch any time soon? Cannot believe this has not been fixed yet. :(
  • Options
    HituroHituro Posts: 34
    edited December 2012
    It's turning into more like 5-6 months. EA is a horrible company when it comes to games.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hituro wrote:
    It's turning into more like 5-6 months. EA is a horrible company when it comes to games.

This comment about EA made me smile. What else do they do other than games?

Seriously - I got Ambitions when it was newly released and tried a few of the careers and found them relatively boring. Except for Ghost Hunter. For some reason that kept me entertained - probably because I could send my sim off to do jobs and I didn't always have to be there to tell them what to do, but I could go with them if I wanted and take an active part in the job. It was fun until I encountered this problem. So I decided to keep playing and just do the jobs I could. Then it became obvious that was not the way I want to play as it bothered me to have so much unfinished business or so many failed jobs so I lost interest in this job too. I hope I come across the news of a fix so I can get back go playing this previously enjoyable role.
  • Options
    MarianAlmGarMarianAlmGar Posts: 1
    edited December 2012

Here is what annoys me the most: I have problems with every single expansion I install. I don't enjoy playing this game anymore, it mostly just ****** me off.

Now the ghosts don't show up and ok, you are rewarded for finding them with the device, but if you don't complete the job, you don't get any money. And I need it.

My sim keeps teletransporting from one side of the house to another. For no reason.

My mailbox is stuffed with omniplant boxes that can't be removed or used in any way.

I can't analyze space rocks, and therefore I can't complete collections, which is one of my favourite features in the game.

Etc, etc, etc.

I send an e-mail with my concerns and I receive this: For inside-the-games inquiries, please visit the forums, we can't help you. But the forums in Spanish are awful and very limited.

Then I go to the forums (in both Spanish and English) and see they said this would be fixed in 5-6 days and I find this, 3 months and still nothing.

In this holy forum, I haven't found a solution for anything anyway. Ever. I really feel like EA doesn't care at all about the quality of these games, nor about their customers. I'm done.

• Options
    steelerfantamsteelerfantam Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Add my name to the list.

This is the first time I've posted any complaints even though I've had plenty enough issues. I've managed to get around the rest. For example, if I play for more than 15 or 20 minutes without saving, I get that Code 12 error that doesn't allow me to save...therefore I lose all progress. But that's easy enough. Just save often.

This, however...although those types of jobs can be avoided, if it's part of the game then it darned well ought to WORK. That's a crock that they haven't fixed it by now. It's unprofessional and inexcusable. If it was just one person or a handful, then they could blame it on computer issues e.g. video cards. But I'm posting this after reading FIVE PAGES of complaints over MONTHS. Clearly this is not an individual computer issue, but a game glitch that needs to be FIXED...and SOON.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    Hituro wrote:

This comment about EA made me smile. What else do they do other than games?

I didn't mean for it to sound like their company does anything else. Maybe poor wording on my part. But I just meant that when it comes to maintaining games they make, they suck at it. In comparison to other companies EA just plain sucks. They suck in general, it's just sad they care more about getting money than from actually supplying a decent product by fixing the bugs that they themselves cause. And then when you report such bugs, EA has the nerve to blame you and tells you that you installed it wrong and to simply re-install it. It's like they don't want to admit their screw ups.
  • Options
    Benox343Benox343 Posts: 14
    edited January 2013
    Add me to the list I want this fixed :)
  • Options
    kristinelouisekristinelouise Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    After reading so many posts about this same issue, I decided to try and talk to someone on live chat.
    It got me no where. They either stated that they weren't aware of the issue, or to post about it on the forum so developers can see it. After telling them I've already read the forums and they clearly should be aware of the problem (since this was posted in September last year), I was then told my complaint had been sent to a supervisor and I would be contacted by email with a reply.

So to summarise, in three months, nothing has been done.
    Those "5-6days" will definitely turn in to five to six months.
    The fact that it's already taken this long is quite annoying.

It's my Sims goal to reach level ten in the ghost hunting profession.
    Don't make me tell her she needs to quit because EA can't get their gameplay right.
  • Options
    leoniepoleoniepo Posts: 18
    edited January 2013
    Yep, I've got this issue too, I haven't got supernatural EP just Ambitions, my ghost hunter can scan for ghosts and find them but I cannot see them to evict them.

I've tried clicking around the room but that doesn't work, please fix this EA!

• Options
    DymentintheRoughDymentintheRough Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Ok, wow, seriously? 5 pages of forums, months with no response and nothing has been done? I've never seen anything like this before from EA, they're just gonna ignore fixing the issue after all this feedback? Disgusting.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well, since posting in the forum hasn't had much of an effect on this issue, nor has contacting tech support and customer service. I've decided to go ahead and E-mail the EA CEO. I don't know how much that will help, but it's something! Hopefully this just might restore my faith in EA. I really would like to continue messing around with my Ghost Hunter Sim and enjoying everything the Sims 3 has to offer. Especially since more expansions are on the horizon!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I actually e-mailed the CEO of EA about this issue and how it's not being addressed and I heard back immediately. They're going to actually call me to discuss the bug so hopefully this gets fixed sooner rather than any more later :/
  • Options
    KsotasticKsotastic Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Hituro wrote:
    I actually e-mailed the CEO of EA about this issue and how it's not being addressed and I heard back immediately. They're going to actually call me to discuss the bug so hopefully this gets fixed sooner rather than any more later :/

Oh thank God.
  • Options
    MadamLinweMadamLinwe Posts: 8
    edited January 2013
    I hope this can be resolved. This is still happening in my game too :(
  • Options
    Enjay4YouEnjay4You Posts: 24
    edited January 2013
    3rd patch I think since this bug came about and its doing my head in,I would really like to play with this career and have painfully waited, I'm dubious now a days about patching my game.
    I don't even have supernatural and have no intentions of buying it so why is my game corrupted due to that EPs related patch. Its the same with Pets, I own the game but cant install it due to the amount of issues in the game play and the graphics it requires to run and every time my sims walks through a door/arch or gate they have this silly glitch where they twist and walk through it again or look as though they are stalled. So very annoying and I know that the door glitch is due to the pets EP but again why is my game effected by something that I've not installed or like supernatural not prepared to buy? :evil: :evil: :evil: EA
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    edited January 2013
    Sigh. Did Hituro ever get his phone call? I've been searching around forums to see if there's any update, since I'd really like to be able to see the rest of the career before my Ghost Hunter character dies. It's mid-January and we just had another patch release, but the bug is still here.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg