Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scanning for ghosts on ghost hunting career

Comments

• Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    I've never played the ghost hunting career, and I have had Ambitions since it came out. Now I am very sad that I cannot try it out. :(
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'll add my name to the list of people having this issue and angry about it not being fixed yet. I had just started the ghost hunter career for the first time and I thought it was super fun until I reached the Ghostly Presence job stage. Now I've abandoned that family and am playing a different world. I'd really like to be able to play them again!

I had some luck emailing EA with an issue I was having yesterday. Maybe I'll try emailing them again, but I'm sure I'd just get the old "We're aware of the problem and working to fix it." Yeah, right.
  • Options
    kcallroundskcallrounds Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    Just downloaded the new patch today, the stupid bug is still not fixed. I'm going to be extremely angry if its a "zombie full moon" thing all over again as far as having to start a new save file or not.
    It's been almost an entire month since this whole thing started and they still can't figure out a way to fix it?

I'm calling shenanigans. -.-
  • Options
    LucyElla1991LucyElla1991 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    I still have the same problem, its been 5-6 days since you complained about it but my ambitions (downloaded a week ago) will not allow me to see ghosts still.... it obviously has not been fixed :(
  • Options
    TezaG78TezaG78 Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2012
    Also have the same problem and my Sim is on level 8 now and her goal is to reach 10. It's highly annoying! I didn't notice it until a few days ago because I started a new family when Supernatural came out but then I wanted to go back and continue hunting ghosts. She has only had evict ghosts jobs recently, but maybe I'll be lucky to get some spirits jobs soon as they seem to work for most people.
  • Options
    ClamfaceMcGeeClamfaceMcGee Posts: 19 New Member
    edited November 2012
    The same problem is popping up for me. Kind of frustrating, I really don't want to change careers without reaching level 10. -_- Guess I'll just stick to spawning jobs.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    edited November 2012
    Is still happening too me too they find the ghosts but can't see them. :?:
  • Options
    DigstarDigstar Posts: 308 Member
    edited November 2012
    Lot's of "bells & whistles" with the new patch but still no fix on this issue. What gives??
  • Options
    Mytwinkletoes12Mytwinkletoes12 Posts: 81
    edited November 2012
    Same problem as everyone else. Seems like Ghost hunter is the glitchiest profession in The Sims 3. Hope this gets fixed soon.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    greendayjewelsgreendayjewels Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My sim is on level 7 in the ghost hunting career and just recently started getting the evicting ghosts. I have the same problem as everyone else, I can scan for the ghosts get credit that they are there but they never show up. What gives? Hopefully EA will fix this problem soon. Seeing as I don't have any mods and what not and my game is up to date and I have recently re-installed all of my games but nothing works.
  • Options
    AeslabelleAeslabelle Posts: 35
    edited November 2012
    Adding my name to the list. And I, like another unfortunate player mentioned earlier, have had Ambitions for a while and this is my first time trying out the Ghost Hunter career and now I can't really experience the whole thing. That really is sad.

I'm going to put a link to this forum section in the bugs section. Maybe they'll actually read that...
  • Options
    KnackThat90KnackThat90 Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    I'm tossing in my two cents - having the same issue. My Sims is level 6 ghost hunter and can scan for ghosts and can't find any. :(
  • Options
    violentdayzieviolentdayzie Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2012
    I've just discovered this bug today as well. Has anybody had any luck in a fix yet?

ETA: Nevermind. I just talked to customer service and they said there isn't a fix but to watch the forums.

ETA2: They also said there's no official news on any estimated time to fix it, but that there is good news coming "in a few days". Since they said that same line back in September, I question their definition of "few".
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    FyrdracaFyrdraca Posts: 30 Member
    edited November 2012
    Same problem here, which I hate. Ghost hunting is one of my favorite careers.
  • Options
    WolvesRock98WolvesRock98 Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    also having the same issue
  • Options
    Kalyn876Kalyn876 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Same thing here, not very happy about it.
  • Options
    chrissmariechrissmarie Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    I just (within the last few months) got the opportunity to play again after having to restart my game from the beginning because of a problem with my computer, and I was really looking forward to hunting some ghosts again only to be disappointed. I waited months to get my game back and then ended up waiting months more because I still can't play my favorite career! I had Supernatural on my Christmas list this year, but I'm done buying anything from EA until this is fixed. I know one person won't make any difference to them, but I'm not giving them any more of my money until I can play the game I already paid for.
  • Options
    Mugatu8Mugatu8 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2012
    This is a problem for me as well, and would also like it resolved.
  • Options
    DragoncubDragoncub Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Clearly not fixed. I'm told there is a presence, the room is cold, and I get the task to evict. However:
    1) no ghost ever shows up, anywhere on the lot
    2) scanning again tells me I am 'as far away as I possibly could be'.
  • Options
    TheLaughingSwineTheLaughingSwine Posts: 96
    edited November 2012
    I bought Ambitions and Supernatural together...and the first job i made Sim get was the ghost hunter, but when i got the ghost scanner it never really worked for me...it said something about a room being cold or something like that but no ghost never popped/showed up...after a while on Google and coming up empty...i just gave up...I am glad to see a tread about it...maybe something will get done soon to fix this glitch :D
  • Options
    TristanLaryssaTristanLaryssa Posts: 19
    edited November 2012
    I'll add my name to the list... never a bad idea to get a headcount.

I made the mistake of patching my game when an already rather glitchy Legacy family had been left with Mom on day 3 of a pregnancy... the sim has utterly broken and I decided given everything else I would just start over. Given my story, I considered making my Founder a Ghost Hunter instead of an Investigator this time, but I'd never tried it out, so I figured I'd better give it a test first.

Everything works just fine, except there are two things I notice. The first was that the Ghost Hunter uniform seems bugged. While wearing it, my sim looks like he does in Everyday. I have the option to change to Everyday OR Career 1, but the appearance won't shift unless I edit the outfit with a dresser. This glitch is not overly dreadful, and given everything else, will probably be a boon for getting screenshots.

The other glitch, the one that's not so convenient, is the exact one everybody here is describing: Ghosts get found, but none appear to Evict. Hopefully a new patch will help.

I love this game, and I understand that in order to provide us the amazing ability to modify things that we have, some things are going to spaz out now and again. It's just frustrating to have to wait on the patch.

Good luck, EA... we're counting on you!
  • Options
    Debestfriend4uDebestfriend4u Posts: 23
    edited December 2012
    I am raising my hand to show Maxis that I should be counted with having this bug.

I am at Ghost Hunter Level 7 with all the Ep and current patches, even Origin updated. I can scan for ghosts and find them but not see them to evict them. I hope the fix is going to happen soon.
  • Options
    fry150fry150 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited December 2012
    ghost hunter lvl 5 and the bug is here for me as well.
  • Options
    zyany77zyany77 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2012
    BUMP!
    Just wanting to add my 2 cents here too since I've encountered the glitch as well.
    EA... we are paying costumers and are being sold a product that doesn't work properly. This is disgraceful.
    This glitch has already been going on for 3 months and no fixes, shame on you!
  • Options
    TheMaidenTheMaiden Posts: 31 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I have run up against this glitch as well. I can 'find' the ghosts, but they do not appear anywhere so I cannot 'evict' them. I have all major expansions except seasons. I have noticed that many of the professions from Ambitions were glitchy, though I believe this issue is patch-related.
    Still, I would rather wait an extra six months and get a single expansion pack that is complete and functional for my money, instead of getting three that have crippling and debilitating bugs scattered throughout some of the would-be most interesting content, which take 6-12 months just to get fixed. That is a waste of my money and time, and not a good reflection on EA's reputation for quality.