This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

TESTERS NEEDED: Custom Horses Sizes

I've been wanting to download and use some pet CAS mods, however to anyone currently using sliders or custom markings, do they upload true to the exchange, or do they revert back to a vanilla version for anyone downloading the pets who DON'T have the sliders or markings already installed?

TESTERS NEEDED:

original.jpg

I've created a household with a default horse, and a horse using the custom sliders. I would appreciate it if people would download the household, test it in-game, and report back whether or not one horse is a different size than the other.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6358951

The sliders used were the tail-thickness, overall size, leg/feathering width, and various others. Please report either in this thread or on my page whether or not you have the custom sliders installed, and if one horse is larger than the other.

Thanks a bunch, that would help me out a ton!

Comments

• Options
    EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited August 2012
    I have both custom pet markings and a foot and tail slider in my game and have made a few horses and uploaded them on the exchange, and custom markings do not stick. perhaps if they were in sims3pack mode they would, but if they are in .package they do not unfortunately ): I'm not sure if sliders stick though...I wouldn't think so.

but they sure make a huge difference, gypsys and Clydesdales actually look right!
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited August 2012
    I have both custom pet markings and a foot and tail slider in my game and have made a few horses and uploaded them on the exchange, and custom markings do not stick. perhaps if they were in sims3pack mode they would, but if they are in .package they do not unfortunately ): I'm not sure if sliders stick though...I wouldn't think so.

but they sure make a huge difference, gypsys and Clydesdales actually look right!
    I just made a clydesdale with the horse-scale slider, as well as the leg/feather thickness and it looks a million times more like a true clydesdale. I tried the custom markings as well and they didn't stick for me either. I'm hoping though that the sliders would be different. I don't know how to test it other than upload a household with one regular sized horse and one using the modified sliders, then get people without the sliders installed to try it out.
  • Options
    Mia_KitoMia_Kito Posts: 507 Member
    edited September 2012
    If this is still in debate, I know the Marwari horse registry used to have a template that when you downloaded it had the ear slide-bar in it, so I would assume they transfer in .sims3pack format.
  • Options
    birdtopazbirdtopaz Posts: 329
    edited September 2012
    i didn't have the size slider and I downloaded a pony template and that stuck?
  • Options
    jkhfjkfbhvfjkhfjkfbhvf Posts: 304
    edited September 2012
    Yes slider will work. Only if YOU the person who downloads it changes the horse's shape the sliders will snap back to original form. Though in some cases the horses don't retain the custom slider parts. For custom markings they will not show up on the horse if the person does not already have them.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yes slider will work. Only if YOU the person who downloads it changes the horse's shape the sliders will snap back to original form. Though in some cases the horses don't retain the custom slider parts. For custom markings they will not show up on the horse if the person does not already have them.

Ok cool, so you're saying as long as the person who downloads the horse doesn't edit them in any way, the custom size should work in their game? That's fine if that's the case, but I might end up making a "test" household for people to report back on.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ok I have uploaded a household with 2 horses: one default and one using the custom sliders. Details and instructions in the first post
  • Options
    DusklightFaerieDusklightFaerie Posts: 847 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I always thought that if it was something that had to go into the mods folder it wouldn't show up. I would test it but i already have it installed. (and i'm at work lol) but i'm afraid if i'd take mine out that it would mess with my in-game horses that have it.

oh! and i agree! I just made some Friesians and the new sliders make all the difference. I love those creators. ^.^
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited September 2012
    I downloaded the testing household, and din't get the slider. So nope it doesn't stick when people who don't have the slider. Also yeah, your back and creating again! (I love colonyal's lone gun) sorry for spelling, having a dur moment. :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I downloaded the testing household, and din't get the slider. So nope it doesn't stick when people who don't have the slider. Also yeah, your back and creating again! (I love colonyal's lone gun) sorry for spelling, having a dur moment. :lol:
    it's not for testing whether or not the SLIDER itself installs, just whether or not one horse is bigger than the other. No slider will be installed. You have to literally place the horses side-by-side and see if there is a size difference. Is that what you meant or did I just read your post wrong?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I didn't really explain well did I? I put the horses side by side and they were the same size. :lol:
  • Options
    SuperChicklovSuperChicklov Posts: 380 Member
    edited September 2012
    hey LittleV can you plz try and make this foal for me plz
    57461249592538376939316.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I didn't really explain well did I? I put the horses side by side and they were the same size. :lol:
    Thanks a lot for testing it! I got the same result from someone else as well. I had a new series I wanted to do called "Draft Horses" but it kindof fell on whether or not the sliders worked. I may have to rethink the new series.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ok, your welcome... also glad your back and creating! I downloaded all your horse creations...you deserve so many rec's, downloads, and fans of your creating ability. ( Already a raging fan of yours :mrgreen: )

I also hate how the drafts and all (regular ones too) can not have more feathering, bigger hooves, height slider, especially tail thickness! :roll:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ok, your welcome... also glad your back and creating! I downloaded all your horse creations...you deserve so many rec's, downloads, and fans of your creating ability. ( Already a raging fan of yours :mrgreen: )

I also hate how the drafts and all (regular ones too) can not have more feathering, bigger hooves, height slider, especially tail thickness! :roll:
    Thank you, I'm glad you've been enjoying my uploads!

The sliders I used make such a difference. Thicker legs and hooves which automatically make the feathering much thicker, thicker tail, and overall scale. They are exactly what large draft horses need in the game.

I guess if anything I could include a disclaimer in the description and links to the slider downloads so people could at least make them look the way I intended.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    That would be nice, for people who know how to download sliders, mods, hack etc...I can't figure it out so im stuck with the horses i have. :lol:
  • Options
    Caitycoo10Caitycoo10 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    are the sliders already in the game? if not how do i get them because i want to see if i can get a taller horse with feathering :):)
  • Options
    AithneCroiAithneCroi Posts: 530 New Member
    edited February 2013
    If the person currently has the markings, sliders, ect in their game it appears yes they do transfer over to the exchange.

I tested this earlier between mine and my husbands computer (He has zero mods and I have 100% anything horse related). His did not transfer anything cc wise or slider wise.

Mine did.

Also, MSE has fluffier hooves now as well that makes them thicker and fluffier.

are the sliders already in the game? if not how do i get them because i want to see if i can get a taller horse with feathering

No, they're mods created by other people to allow these sliders to work.

You should be able to find all the sliders links ect over at Equus-sims.
  • Options
    AithneCroiAithneCroi Posts: 530 New Member
    edited February 2013
    That would be nice, for people who know how to download sliders, mods, hack etc...I can't figure it out so im stuck with the horses i have. :lol:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/217955.page

You can find out how to install the mods/sliders/CC here.
  • Options
    MoosenhagenMoosenhagen Posts: 451 Member
    edited February 2013
    Whatever mod was used, the result of the mod will transfer over the exchange, but the actual mod won't, Ive downloaded Horses and there necks were probaly arched using a mod and The horses necks were arched in game, and my game has 0% mods