Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited September 2012
    Ever since the new (or the one before that) update, something broke residential lots.
    I'm not sure what it is, but yesterday, I tried to bulldoze an empty residential lot that had my current active family on it so it would evict the family. It gave me the warning that they needed to be moved out before I could bulldoze it, but then when I clicked the check mark, it evicted them for me.

The real problem was, when I accidentally moved them into the same lot, I noticed that my Sim appeared in the middle of the lot.
    Then I noticed that the mailbox and trash can of the lot were deleted!

I am fully updated, no mods or CC, every EP, no SPs!
  • Options
    purefoysgirlpurefoysgirl Posts: 131 Member
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:

@purefoysgirl: Overwatch actually fixes the issue entirely but thanks, I'll add that to my post

Okay, thank you! The reason I mention it is that I do have Overwatch installed but it still happens (the Wolff family is the bane of my game), so I have to do the reset lot to fix it.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    @KatzMeowz: I made a post about the mood lamp in my blog. I'll be linking it later. The issue you're talking about should be in that post. It's very possible that all transformations have the similar effect. Let me know if you find out more about it.

@htairchix3: Any mods in your game ?

@BunnyFat: No, I do not have a solution for that. Are they all 'multiple' or single rabbitholes you're trying ?

@sam123: Any mods in your game ?

@kimberly0309: Reset the sim with the cheat resetsim firstname lastname

@EatChees: Does it matter if they are near the Sim with the moodlet or is it just the Sims in the same household wherever they are ? (I'll add)

@babbylegs1970: Putting it in and wail until it's done it's thing (usually around 3 am the latest, some bugs are cleaned at startup) should be enough. Make sure you have the newest version.

@Munchiek: Any mods in your game ?

@darktennyo: I'll add

@tbone25: I'll add. Try going traveling or move the Sim out and back in via edit town to see if that unstucks the gems (traveling will bork them in another way though but you can at least sell them afterwards). Save your game under a new name before attempting.

@bunbunnyny: Is this repeatable or a one time thing ? Try on a new test game.

@purefoysgirl: Are you updated to the latest version ?

---

The rest is covered on the first page or is a technical issue. Please post in technical.

The gardening bug is happening to Sims with an existing collection skill and it might be happening in new games due to some weird reasons. I don't know if EA will fix or not (since they are not backward-compatible friendly)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Spunkeh-87Spunkeh-87 Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    Hi :)
    I posted about a week ago about my sims not being able to try for a baby. Moving the sims out and back in fixed the issue :D
    I have another problem though.. I bought a new hair style from the store and changed the female sims hair but for some reason when she's in her swim wear the old hair returns, just wondering is this is a bug too?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Spunkeh-87 wrote:
    Hi :)
    I posted about a week ago about my sims not being able to try for a baby. Moving the sims out and back in fixed the issue :D
    I have another problem though.. I bought a new hair style from the store and changed the female sims hair but for some reason when she's in her swim wear the old hair returns, just wondering is this is a bug too?
    Thanks!

That's usually when the hair is not categorized for swimming. The Store clothing/Hair have horrendous categorizing, unfortunately.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited September 2012
    I fixed my alchemy store issue finally. Now with all of the issues being reported, I'm afraid to update to patch 1.39 :(
  • Options
    MunchiekMunchiek Posts: 131 Member
    edited October 2012
    only twallen's saver, overwatch, mastercontroller, and story progression which I know are all updated with a few other ones I made sure were updated before downloading them

Edit: I tested my cash register related mods after remembering them and found out it was a Register overhaul mod I had. I can't seem to find the download for it but that was my problem I think. So if anyone else has the same issue it's that mod.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    crazycraftycajuncrazycraftycajun Posts: 4
    edited October 2012

Everyone

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? no
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods no
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)never used any
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?n/a
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ?SN & patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? the newest supernatural patch on 9/27
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? both
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? I had sims I have made that I use in new towns
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA, original game ones and from the store
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. base game is download, a few eps are dvd

Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature

- What EPs do you own High end loft stuff, ambitions, fast lane stuff, late night, outdoor living stuff, generations, pets, master suite, showtime, supernatural
    - Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ? intel core i7-2670qm cpu @ 2.20ghz 8 gb ram 64 bit OS win 7 sp1 nvidia geforce gtx 560m
    - Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ? 64
    - Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ? steam it up sauna

Ok so, my problem is that I have some music that seems to be stuck, like a broken record. It's one of the notification music bits, like when you complete an oppurtunity. It just keeps playing over and over. This started when I put the SN patch released on 9/27 in my game :c It's quite annoying to say the least
  • Options
    roflblahroflblah Posts: 14 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Ok so, my problem is that I have some music that seems to be stuck, like a broken record. It's one of the notification music bits, like when you complete an oppurtunity. It just keeps playing over and over. This started when I put the SN patch released on 9/27 in my game :c It's quite annoying to say the least

I also had that problem before. Did the music start looping after you completed an opportunity, or did it just started playing on random? If you completed an opportunity, check if the pop-up is gone. If it isn't gone, then canceling it would stop the looping music. If it just started playing randomly or if the pop-up isn't available anymore, try moving your sim(s) out and then back in. I'm not really sure if these will work for you so I'm hoping for the best :D
  • Options
    DRaKe6900DRaKe6900 Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? Yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Just the Master Controller
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) This was happening before I installed the mod
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version?
    Yes
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch? Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at? The current one
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? New game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? Transferred from another town
    9. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom? Moonlight Falls
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game?
    DVD

My issue is with NPC's such as the maids, butlers and Bonehilda constantly trying to interact with the sliding bookcase as it's the quickest way to get from the kitchen to the upstairs bedrooms. They end up just standing there in front of it complaining for a couple of hours in-game time before walking off leaving the cleaning half done.
    Is there a fix for this? It's just plain annoying
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2012
    well, I installed the update and if I try to download anything from the store the launcher stops working. so I just went into the downloads and within 15 seconds the launcer poofed out.
  • Options
    crazycraftycajuncrazycraftycajun Posts: 4
    edited October 2012
    roflblah wrote:

I also had that problem before. Did the music start looping after you completed an opportunity, or did it just started playing on random? If you completed an opportunity, check if the pop-up is gone. If it isn't gone, then canceling it would stop the looping music. If it just started playing randomly or if the pop-up isn't available anymore, try moving your sim(s) out and then back in. I'm not really sure if these will work for you so I'm hoping for the best :D

I'll try it thanks :) Yes I removed the pop up - it starts looping after an opportunity is completed. If this doesn't fix it I may just stop doing opportunities LOL

Forgot to mention, I did try resetsim * and resetsim firstname lastname and neither work
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    Invasion of Imaginary Friends. Earlier error trap picked up a problem with 100 imaginary friend dolls causing a problem thoughout the town. These are families that I haven't even played. And, SP, OW and error trap are the only mods I have in the game so I don't have anything in there to cause this. And I set SP to not allow them in the game. This problem is worse than what people experienced with the zombies. I try to get rid of the dolls at house I"m playing if I don't think the baby or toddler has the traits for one and the darn doll gets mailed to me again. If I move to a room that no one can enter, or put in a parent's inventory the doll gets mailed again. Is anyone else having this issue? I never had this issue before.
  • Options
    KairiandNamineKairiandNamine Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? Yes, custom content, no mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Didn't take them out for the EP
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? No.. Don't have any.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Supernatural
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.39
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Originally started a new one, playing with the one from before 1.39
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Completely new + one NPC from Moonlight Falls
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Moonligh Falls
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Originally the DVD-version which I have downloaded to this computer via Origin

I have once deleted all the mods and downloads I had, some of them caused extra lag etc, but I haven't experienced anything with the ones I have right now, and I downloaded new things after the latest update.

My problem is with the Alchemy shop, it just doesn't work anymore. Originally it was just fine, but after the sims had kids and possibly after the latest update it teleports my sim back to her home every time I try to buy something.

I also have the invisible sims bug, but the sims usually appear after a while so it's not that big of a deal.
  • Options
    FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Here is a funny glitch I had, a Zombie Sim came to my house through the wall. Didn't got it since, that new patch came.
  • Options
    skllpirates12457skllpirates12457 Posts: 41
    edited October 2012
    I hope the werewolf eye glow glitch is fixed soon, my werewolf sim looks boring without the eyes glowing.
  • Options
    hansteyhanstey Posts: 12
    edited October 2012
    having issues with fairies going into fairy frolic and never coming out of it lol they just disapear lol help!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @crazycraftycajun: Try deleting the cache files. Only suggestion I have for that.

@DRaKe6900: Don't think there is. I'll add it

@SpiderCrowWolf: Did you post the errors at Twallan's place ? Maybe he as an idea.

@KairiandNamine: Any special seeds in your inventory ? Did you delete the cache files after removing the mods ?

@hanstey: Try resetting them with resetsim firstname lastname.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited October 2012
    crinrict, is EA open to your suggestions after the countless hours you have spent helping their forum members?

I wonder how much more free time you'd have from the forums if EA would incorporate a checkbox in the launcher options to Clear Cache Files before Startup?

Thanks again for all of your selfless efforts!

There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    cobaltwolfcobaltwolf Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Has anyone else with Supernaturals but playing a world other than Moonlight Falls noticed that the fish spawners in the older worlds don't seem to have updated with the new fish types?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2012
    Crinrict - are you hearing of anyone having a problem getting the full moon night since the new zombie fix update?

I have now seen in 3 different user made worlds my clock will reach the one day to full moon thing and when it switches over to the what should be the full moon, it just passes over it and goes directly to the day after the full moon. I don't know if it is a coincidence but all three worlds I had a different sim and all three also have developed the jump bug when they are told to harvest their garden. They can weed, water, fertilize, but not harvest - they jump right out of the whole garden. It stinks seeing two of those sims careers are Gardeners and all 3 are level 10. Reset sim does nothing. All three also have the collection helper, are also witches, and all were made in CAS as witches from creation just for SN. They did all start in Moonlightfalls, but I have been using them to test user created worlds and this is really presenting a problem between the gardening thing and not getting any full moon at all.

I have not once touched any of SN controls so it is exactly as the game comes with the exception I have Epic aging on. Use EA sp, full free will also. Have not had a single glitch or issue until this newest patch.

NO mods. I do have a set of Ladyfrontbum default skins, no other CC but Stw 2 Lunar Lakes buildings (Equestian center and the sky diving center).

I do know the full moon still did work after the patch in MLF, as I saw Zombies using the teleporting things and thought it was odd as they never did that in my game until the newest patch. But the following day I had some worlds that I had to test - these are good creators - like Rflong, Quailhogs and such, so you know it isn't their worlds - but this is indeed perplexing if nothing else.

Specs:
    I have all eps, sps, and store worlds. 8 gigs of high speed Crucial Ballistic gaming ram, an AMD Phenom II X 6 processor on an Asus evo mobo, with a Nvidia 560 ti black edition video card with 2 gigs of DD5 on board. 64 bit - Windows 7. I do run a FPS limiter to keep my framerate in control - set to stay under 100 fps. Don't know if you need anymore info.

Oh and if need be I am willing to run Overwatch, but no other mod providing it is up to date. Thanks for any guidance. I am totally not used to having glitches in this game and didn't have a one until this zombie patch. I never once had any problems with the zombies - but knew I had to have the patch in order to use the store - so this makes me a bit annoyed that I had to have a patch I didn't need and now the game has problems. Also I had been testing these worlds before the patch with no problems at all, so they were fine - if that helps at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TtnFn04TtnFn04 Posts: 1,727 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Crinrict: thank you for being an incredibly helpful simmer in the community, without expecting anything in return, and never once expressing rudeness or frustration for helping simmers.

You deserve a medal. :-)

33krsaq.jpg

Just wanted to express some appreciation for all your hard work. (LOL I know that's not the greatest artwork but I tried).

• Options
    edited October 2012
    @Wreck_Diver: Good idea but I think I would still need to tell people to do it cause most people wouldn't know what it's for :)

@cobaltwolf: No idea. Maybe open your own thread on that and see what others have to say ?

@Writin_Reg: The lunar cycle is still messed up cause it resets to some random state every time you start the game. I had reports of people not seeing any Zombies now but I don't know if people have a full moon, especially in Custom Worlds. Have you asked people in the CAW forum about this ?

Gardening Issue: I fear that the error is going to bork every gardener with every new patch. There's a serious error if a Sim has the collection skill and EA needs to fix it or we'll have this gardening discussion with every patch.

Overwatch does fix both problems cause but you would need to leave it in for the lunar cycle thing (OW replaces the EA standard). Gardening should get fixed and you can take it back out but it will bork again with the next patch or if you go traveling.

@TtnFn04: Thanks for the award :) I do vent from time to time but only in chats and on my MyPage ;) Poor Simmers that have to listen to my rants.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    KairiandNamineKairiandNamine Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @KairiandNamine: Any special seeds in your inventory ? Did you delete the cache files after removing the mods ?

I don't think there are any seeds in my inventory atm, I've been avoiding them fairly well. I'll try deleting the cache files now.
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    I can't get my game to start up now. What should I do? It ran fine last night, I exited game and now I can't bring it up. I cleared my cache and all that stuff. Any ideas?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top