Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hey <333 for the illegal download tutorial on ST. Check this out.....

I just knew there was something about your sims. Thought they looked very familiar. Starting with your post the 3rd one below SimGuruSarah's in this thread:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/577966.page

jevsasuke's YouTube tutorial on how to download Sunlit Tides for free:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x48sbQig1Og&amp;feature=related

jevsasuke's YouTube advice on how to help out another fellow pirate:

[IMG]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t496/Tholian2012/Avalon/ytube.png "width = 640"[/IMG]

I was seriously p*🐸🐸🐸🐸 off when I ran across your Youtube video. It's c.yber punks like you who help drive the ridiculously prices in the online store. Videos like yours are the essence why ST is 3,700 sp. And why we have to pay for other EA worlds at regular prices over 4,000 sp in the store. :roll:

Why can't you realize that your selfish actions don't only rip off simmers who legally buy content from the store, but also hurts the TS3 franchise itself??? :?

Here's to hoping they shut down your youtube and tumblr accounts

Reported for promoting piracy
jevsasuke wrote:

Comments

• Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited August 2012
    That sucks. Unfortunately there are always going to be people pirating or downloading content for free however posting the link to the video with the torrent link on the forums isn't the best idea.

EDIT: How do you know that is jevsasuke's channel, when their Youtube username is GirlieGamerChicks?

Double EDIT: Also we're really not supposed to call people out on the forums, it's considered harassment, just FYI
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2012
    check the poster's sim pictures in the 1st TS3 forum link. They're identical.

and if you're still in doubt this forum member and the YouTube account holder are different, here's some more proof. Look at their flippant response to catherineannejane's comment here

[IMG]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t496/Tholian2012/Avalon/ytube2.png "width=640"[/IMG]

And listen to what they say at 3:10 in the YouTube video

"...Tomorrow I'll be uploading links to download BB, Riverview, and LL.."

They even took the liberty to post their tumblr link in the video description.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh, I hadn't watched the video. I would suggest just reporting it or sending an email to EA about it with the links. Even though it may seem like a good idea to call someone out for downloading illegally, it's still considered harassment on the forums and you don't want to get in trouble for that.
  • Options
    zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited August 2012
    LittleV wrote:
    EDIT: How do you know that is jevsasuke's channel, when their Youtube username is GirlieGamerChicks?

I feel like a massive creepster hitting google for this, but I would hate to see anyone falsely accused in such a public, humiliating manner...so...uhh...unless there are two people from his precise location using the user name 'jevsasuke', jevsasuke is a dude. Pretty sure that's not his video. His photos probably just got used because they are so high quality.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    kirkuk wrote:
    LittleV wrote:

I feel like a massive creepster hitting google for this, but I would hate to see anyone falsely accused in such a public, humiliating manner...so...uhh...unless there are two people from his precise location using the user name 'jevsasuke', jevsasuke is a dude. Pretty sure that's not his video. His photos probably just got used because they are so high quality.
    That's what I was thinking as well. That person, whoever they are, could have liked his images and used them in their video. This is why it is considered harassment to call anyone out individually. There's no way to know whether or not it is really them so we can't jump to conclusions.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2012
    The thing about that video is that the first few sim shots are very personalized.

Which poses the question as to why the video maker would go to the trouble of adding such specific, personal sim shots to the official EA ones?

If this forum member is different from the YouTube individual, then I do sincerely apologize. If they're not, then this really ticks me off. It really sucks that someone could take such a cavalier attitude toward piracy. It's basically screwing over a lot of people who legally bought these store worlds and sets. Never mind the reason why store prices are so flipping sky high. :?
  • Options
    dash3001dash3001 Posts: 639 Member
    edited August 2012
    The thing about that video is that the first few sim shots are very personalized.

Which poses the question as to why the video maker would go to the trouble of adding such specific, personal sim shots to the official EA ones?

If this forum member is different from the YouTube individual, then I do sincerely apologize. If they're not, then this really ticks me off. It really sucks that someone could take such a cavalier attitude toward piracy. It's basically screwing over a lot of people who legally bought these store worlds and sets. Never mind the reason why store prices are so flipping sky high. :?

I'm sorry, but now you will probably be the one reported. This was a bad move on your part. It may not be that person and now you have drawn attention to them without proof that they've actually committed a crime. I thought as the others, the person doing that video probably liked the pics. Why would a pirate out him/herself by using their pirate pics on the forum?

Do yourself a favor and erase your original post :( You meant well, but as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

His images are high quality. The person who made the video did it as a slideshow so they were probably just looking for high-quality screenshots to make the video longer.