Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco-towns? Eco-towns! first picture added in first post :D

IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
Has anybody attempted to make one yet ^.^? with seasons on the horizon i'm tempted to make a eco town but i have nooooooo idea where to start... .
I do have some free time next week though, but still if there already is one i'd love to know ^.^ .

Also i do remember long time ago about this world poll and i do remember there was an option of a eco-friendly town on that poll too, i just never looked into the results of the poll does anybody still remember how high up it ended there?

^^ old question so people wont get lost on the next posts lol... .

So ok i got bored last night and i started making a rowhouse building, even though its just the shell i liked the look off it and decided to take it alittle further, put it down on a Caw map and started messing with the road system abit...
And i ended up with a little neighboorhood street wich i'm really happy about ^.^ .

So i guess next week i'll start puzzling on it see how it will end up looking, maybe tonight but i get done from work late so :cry:
anyway only 1 pic really (i guess)

2012-08-29_20-35-20_001.png"width=640"

2012-08-29_20-45-27_001.png"width=640"

this is mainly my rowhouse/starter place, it has a nice area for a garden, and a small balcony, and on the front as you can see there's lots off space for bikes, though i'm not sure where i'm gonna place cars :/ i kinda like the clean look it has atm lol, I only placed 2 sunpanels per house atm, but there's still room for about 4 panels more on the roof (but since this is for starter sims i was thinking 2 was most affordable to start with).

Anyway atm i have only my basegame/WA installed but i'm thinking off re-installing my Late night/Generations/Pets and maybe showtime expansion so that i can make a road system with the subway, and make a few eco-friendly karoake bar/hangouts, also nothing says nature friendly like Pets running about right :o .

Anyway i'll update here some more in the next weeks and keep you guys updated ^3^

Comments

• SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited August 2012
    Ivinora wrote:
    Also i do remember long time ago about this world poll and i do remember there was an option of a eco-friendly town on that poll too, i just never looked into the results of the poll does anybody still remember how high up it ended there?
    Is this that poll?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/529477.page

Result:
    I decided to make Candyfornia!

I will make the Eco-Friendly world after i finished Candyfornia.

I did not find finished eco friendly towns (I did not look that long), only houses:
    - The Eco House
    - Modern Natura ~ an eco-friendly home for your sims!
    Something else:
    - Save the Environment Driving Eco-Friendly Cars

And this:
    A new little island

You can make you're own eco friendly world and use this topic as a guideline:
    [ New EP Idea ]The Sims 3 : Homegrown ( Updated: 4/17/12 )
    Home Grown
    Home Grown is an proposed idea for an expansion pack that would focus on community, family, gardening, seasons, and being Eco Friendly.

Here are some YouTube films to get you started with CAW (the site is Dutch, but the films are English).
    This site can help you further: Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Toubleshooting
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited August 2012
    That wasn't the poll, i remember it being an official EA thing :o but thanks i'll keep an eye on the creator in that topic ;) since i seem to have missed that candy town topic ^^

also i love the houses and the little island is too cute <3

thank you so mutch for the many links i would have never been able to track those back :D
    edited August 2012
    You're very welcome.

Practice makes perfect: formulate a search in google and take it from there. The hits you get often triggers idea's for other searches you can try. That's how it often works with/for me.

Here are some more eco things:
    Mod The Sims: Search Results for Eco

Have fun with caw!
    edited August 2012
    SimLibby wrote:
    You're very welcome.

Practice makes perfect: formulate a search in google and take it from there. The hits you get often triggers idea's for other searches you can try. That's how it often works with/for me.

Here are some more eco things:
    Mod The Sims: Search Results for Eco

Have fun with caw!

Thank you miss Libby ^.^ i'll check the link out abit at work later today <3
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited August 2012
    It looks nice. :) I love your road too.
    edited August 2012
    Wow, it looks great!

It gives me a feeling of nice and quiet suburb.
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited August 2012
    I love the idea of an Eco Town and it looks really good also check out these Eco Friendly Homes http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/87752.page and he doesn't use CC. I've placed a lot of those homes in my Worlds and they work great.
    edited August 2012
    I love the idea of an Eco Town and it looks really good also check out these Eco Friendly Homes http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/87752.page and he doesn't use CC. I've placed a lot of those homes in my Worlds and they work great.

Thank you miss Illyianna those houses are really cool, way better then what i ever could make lol :lol: (i'm not good at building homes at all).

Guess i should browse somewhat further into the links posted in the weekend and ask permission to use those houses in the world :)

Anyway small tinsy update i had some terain painted yesterday but needles to say when i came home and opened my CAW i didn't feel my grass too look good at all :roll: so with all the grass terrain i had (wich is sooooo many by now lol),
    so i decided to play around with it been playing with all the colours ect. for like an hour and i FINALLY found the grass that seems to do it for me lol.

think i'm gonna go with this (though my time for today is kinda gone now though lol). so guess i'll know what to do tomorrow when i get home from work :o

2012-08-30_20-54-52_001.png"width=640"

Don't mind the trees though, gonna install my pets tomorrow back cause i remember loving the trees that expension brought, and then i'll prob just pick some new trees out to fit better.
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2012
    I can't help but think of Masdar, and I was going to ask if you could try to do Masdar... but then I realized Masdar isn't finished yet.
    edited September 2012
    Yeah masdar is a cool town, but i'd have no idea how to make something like that lol :lol:

anyway my CAW got busted again :( but atleast i had a backup now (ahahah i was smarter then you for once CAW lol).

I had some trouble off how to make my town layout so untill CAW gets fixed i figured i'd try and figure out my layout abit, though i have been thinking that the one world i have on exchange (my mountaintown) atm is verry verry outdated and verry poorly sculpted,

been thinking off reading into one off those "how to open pre-made world" guides and when CAW works again re-open this one, give it a better sculp job/better colour, paintjob/and cozier lotsizes (it was an empty world but looking at it now XD boy did i pick out weird build sizes).

but maybe i'll end up recycling that entire town and make it look good (i remember it took me 3 days too build that town, so its by far a masterpiece lol).