Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twisted Color - A random rainbowcy. (Chapter 5.9 posted 15/3!)

Comments

• fruhurricanefruhurricane Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited September 2012
    Chapter 1.4: Six weeks

screenshot-92.jpg?w=600&h=377
    “Is she awake yet?” The voice was nothing but a blur. It somehow seemed familiar but I couldn’t place it. Not in the condition I was, barely even aware of my surroundings. It was all mostly a blur.

“Nope, still unconscious” another voice, this one completely unknown to me, replied.

“Promise to call if she wakes up, okay? I have to go” The first voice said and then I heard the faint sound of footsteps and a door closing.

“How is she?” It was a third voice. Worried.

screenshot-94.jpg?w=600&h=378
    I slowly opened my eyes and sat up. I felt a bit dizzy, quite a lot disoriented and stiff. I carefully stretched my arms out and noticed that my body felt sore, hurt and weak. The walls around me were colorful so I knew I could not possibly be at my own place, so then, where was I?

“She’s awake!” The third voice belonged to a man and he seemed incredibly happy to see me awake. He was familiar, but I still didn’t manage to place him.

screenshot-95.jpg?w=600&h=370
    “Shh. Take it easy, let her wake up before you attack her” the woman to whom the second voice belonged said. Her voice was serious but still with a jokeful tone.

“Sorry” the yellow man mumbled and sat down at the couch next to me again. By now I had almost my full vision back, even though I still felt confused and dizzy. The walls were all painted in a warm orange tone and the floor in a complementing blue. Judging by the colors, I would say the place belonged to the woman who had just spoken. She had a cold blue skintone and yellow hair with orange tops. Her ears pointed backwards. She looked just like any normal ‘bow, except for her shining white dress.

screenshot-110.jpg?w=600&h=377
    “Who are you?” I wondered. My voice was weak which I guessed depended on it not being used in a while. I cleared my throat while listening to their answers.

“I’m Drover” the yellow guy stated. “And the blue bossy girl over there is Pixie” he continued with a joking, mocking tone in his voice. Not that it was a big surprise, but I could tell that the two of them were friends.

“You’re dressed in white” I pointed out, even though I was already fairly certain that they were aware of this.

screenshot-112.jpg?w=600&h=363
    “So are you” Drover replied and smiled.

“You’ll have to excuse him” Pixie said and moved closer. “He’s just been so eager to meet you. We’re Flax’s friends. We took care of you after the fire. Or, I mean, I did. Drover just came over to see that you were okay. You had him worried.”

screenshot-111.jpg?w=600&h=383
    “What happened?” I asked, having no memory of what actually had happened, except that Drover was the guy who my co-workers wanted us to leave in the house, burning to death. Apparantly, since he was all alive before me, I had managed to get him out of the house before I passed out.

“You saved my life, that’s what happened!” Drover was happy. He seemed to be a man of energy, from the little I had seen of him. Pixie, on the other hand, seemed more calm and relaxed. I noticed that she giggled everytime Drover’s energy shined through while he spoke. I stood up to look at her, motioning for her to explain to me.

screenshot-96.jpg?w=600&h=354
    “You went in after him when everyone thought it was already too late” Pixie explained. “You shouldn’t have gone in again. Not after getting Hybrid out, but you did. Drover lives because of you. I thought you wouldn’t make it… We couldn’t keep you at the hospital, we needed you to get better so I signed you out. I’ll probably lose my job if they find out, but you deserved the best of treatment after what you did. But since you’re colorless they wouldn’t have bothered too much. You were there for weeks without getting better and in the end me and Blueberry, I mean your mom, decided it was better to check you out and bring you here.”

screenshot-98.jpg?w=600&h=370
    “My mother was here?” I asked, even though I had already figured she had been the first voice.

“Aye, you just missed her” Drover said and confirmed what I already knew.

“We’ve been going shifts taking care of you” Pixie continued. “And we noticed you got better almost right after you got here. Drover has been here pretty much all the time, guarding by your side. And me, Blueberry and Flax has taken turns to come in and look after you. It’s good to have you back.”

“How long have I been gone?” I asked and realized I didn’t know what day or date it was.

screenshot-115.jpg?w=600&h=339
    “About six weeks. Long time…” Drover answered. Pixie nodded next to him, as if she was confirming what he said. Six weeks… That was indeed a long time.

It was enough time for a lot of things to happen, I found out later. Such as myself earning another promotion at work and a special thanks from the government for saving the lives of two berries. Enough time for Flax’s little rebellion group to grow a lot bigger (which they apparantly had me to thank for, for being a colorless hero) and enough time for my own bills being piled up and the repo-man coming to my house, stealing two kitchen chairs. Okay, the last part wasn’t exactly a good thing, but all in all most of the changes seemed to be good.

screenshot-102.jpg?w=600&h=370
    screenshot-121.jpg?w=600&h=351
    I learned that both Drover and Pixie was my friends, even though I didn’t exactly know them. It took only a few hours for me to learn to trust them. Except for my parents, they were my first friends. I had to remember to call Flax and thank him some day.

screenshot-123.jpg?w=600&h=441
    Pixie, I soon learned was one of my mother’s co-workers and also one of her best friends. She had been one of the first to join Flax’s group of colorless colored ‘bows. She knew pretty much everything about me and held me as one of her biggest inspirational sources. It was weird meeting berries who looked at you that way. But I couldn’t not like Pixie. She was easy to talk to, relaxing to be around and kind beyond worlds.

screenshot-125.jpg?w=600&h=388
    Drover was, just as I had first thought, an energetic man with a heart of gold. His brother Hybrid had told him several times about how I fought my co-workers to get back in to save him and he, in his turn, had passed the story on to me. He had shamefully admitted that he had been one of the many berries who hated us colorless but that he had changed his mind right after hearing about me. He explained that it was a big lie he had been raised upon and that he didn’t actually think much about it. But apparantly, I was the living proof of colorless good berries. Since they brought me to Pixie’s house he hadn’t left my side once because he wanted to be there when I woke up, to be able to thank me personally. He had joined the rebellions as soon as he was signed out of the hospital himself.

screenshot-124.jpg?w=600&h=374

My mother had in fact been a member of Flax’s rebellious group the entire time without telling me. She wanted me to make my own decision even though she had known right away that it was the right thing to do. She told me she would always fight for mine, and others of my kinds’, rights.

screenshot-132.jpg?w=600&h=393
    Flax was the proudest and youngest rebellion leader one could ever imagine and his help in making sure I got better was something I would never be able to return. Despite his young age, I had to admit that he was now one of my best friends.

screenshot-116.jpg?w=600&h=360
    I myself decided to join their group just shortly after, only to discover that I had a lot of friends in town that I didn’t know about. This was just the beginning.

---

AN: Pixie is a creation of the talented writer/creator jazen.
    Drover is a creation of vallau. He's actually from her rainbowcy. :)
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited September 2012
    :O Getting interesting. I'm curious to see what trouble this little group is going to get themselves into because I know it isn't going to be all sparkles and rainbows. :X
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
    edited September 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    :O Getting interesting. I'm curious to see what trouble this little group is going to get themselves into because I know it isn't going to be all sparkles and rainbows. :X

*cough* I can't believe you think I'm going to put them in trouble... :roll: Okay, I'm not exactly known for writing about sparkles and rainbows. Oh well. XD
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012

*cough* I can't believe you think I'm going to put them in trouble... :roll: Okay, I'm not exactly known for writing about sparkles and rainbows. Oh well. XD

No... no you are not. x]

It's ok. Stories tend to be more interesting if they're not all sparkles and rainbows. :]
    4s8gctV.png
    edited September 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:

No... no you are not. x]

It's ok. Stories tend to be more interesting if they're not all sparkles and rainbows. :]

I'll write a happy generation one day. Just not anytime soon. :oops:

Edit: Oh wait, the next generation in the Lords will not be UNhappy at least!
    edited September 2012

Haha. xD

Is not being UNhappy the same thing as being happy? I'm not sure. lol.

I gotta go to class. :P
    I'll be back 8)
    4s8gctV.png
    edited September 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:

Haha. xD

Is not being UNhappy the same thing as being happy? I'm not sure. lol.

I gotta go to class. :P
    I'll be back 8)

I'm not sure either... :roll:
    It won't be all sunshine and green grass, that's for sure. But not so much crying and misery as the last three generations, lol.
    edited September 2012

It won't be all sunshine and green grass, that's for sure. But not so much crying and misery as the last three generations, lol.

:]

Ah, so still drama-filled but not heart wrenching. I'm excited to see who Luna eventually mates with (errr, marries?).
    4s8gctV.png
    edited September 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:

:]

Ah, so still drama-filled but not heart wrenching. I'm excited to see who Luna eventually mates with (errr, marries?).

There is lots to be told still in Luna's story. :) She still has a lot to go through actually. Poor girl, putting up with everything I have in mind. XD
  • IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited September 2012
    Jut finished reading the entire story, I love it *HUGS*
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
    edited September 2012
  • DivaDreamz99DivaDreamz99 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Awesome Story Hurricane! :)
    edited September 2012
    Awesome Story Hurricane! :)

tumblr_lto2yc5TUa1qen75u.gif

Thank you!
  • coolgirl65coolgirl65 Posts: 401 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I like it good story
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012
    Chapter 1.5: White 'bows are also 'bows

At first, it blew my mind when I realized just how big Flax’s “group of friends” was. It wasn’t exactly a group of friends anymore, it was more like a real political organization. The members came from many different corners of the society, even though the teenagers were still a majority. They all wanted me to be the person in charge, but I was much more confident to stay a bit in the background. I thought it would have more power if it was colorful ‘bows who lead us.

screenshot-165.jpg?w=600&h=386
    Flax, who was the brain behind it all, kept on leading the group. Our meetings (which seemed more like family gatherings) took place in our homes and the amount of members showing up varied. The important part was that we were growing and that we had a clear manifest: Colorless deserves the same rights as colorful!

Flax was, despite his young age, a terrific leader. He had all the qualities needed and his big dream of becoming a known political one day was probably not that far away. I sometimes envied him because he had all that time ahead of him. The time to chase his goal. Maybe I had been to ambitious while I was young, because it felt like I had reached everything I had ever dreamed of already. I needed something new to work for, ’cause that’s how I work. I need something to keep myself pushing forward.

At first I didn’t realize I already had something that I was pushing for, but the insight slowly crept upon me. Drover.

screenshot-127.jpg?w=600&h=493
    Saving him from that fire had just been the first step. Now I needed him around me constantly. Partly because he kept telling me how awesome I was and how thankful he was for everything I had done. And partly because I was thankful for meeting him and because he was quite awesome too.

screenshot-126.jpg?w=600&h=419
    We were like missing pieces of a puzzle, instantly fitting together. He was the best friend one could imagine. And friendship was something I hadn’t explored so far in my life. It would be an interesting journey.

And of course, we had our little group with our little mission. After all these years trying to prove the value of colorless berries it was strange having a whole group of them by my side, trying to do the same thing. I must say, it made it less important for me. See, I felt like I had already succeeded – there existed berries who accepted me as a real berry, even though I was white. I could settle with that, even though there was still lots to be done.

But I wasn’t lonely anymore, and that’s what really mattered.

screenshot-1391.jpg?w=600&h=435
    “We’ll go to the city hall today” Flax said eagerly and waved a big sign above his head, excitement accessorizing every word he said. Some people clapped their hands by the idea and some just stood quiet and still. Flax lowered his voice in to a dark whisper and continued, “It’s time that we show them. It’s time to out our existence.”

We walked as a group towards the city hall. Our white clothes shined bright in contrast to the colorful surroundings and berries passing by couldn’t help but to stare at us. There was a tense, exciting atmosphere surrounding us. We walked in silence, only the occasional whispers between some of our comrades to break the complete silence.

Once we arrived we raised our signs and waited for Flax to go first. At the sound of his voice we all started chanting: “Colorless is beautiful!” “Rights for white!” “White is a color!”

screenshot-167.jpg?w=600&h=374
    It was a truly uplifting feeling being apart of this happening. I spent a short moment thinking about my father and I realized that he would be proud of me. That there was lots he would be proud of. I smiled and yelled higher than anyone else: “WHITE ‘BOWS ARE ALSO ‘BOWS!”

screenshot-134.jpg?w=600&h=380
    Later that night we held a little party at my place (which, by the way was starting to look more and more like a home for each day). It was a cheerful evening with many laughs and as I looked around and realized that these were all my friends I felt a warm feeling rush through my body, which left me with a goofy grin on my face.

screenshot-141.jpg?w=600&h=422
    “We did it!” Drover threw himself around my neck, lifted me up and span around in a hug. I’m not sure if we really accomplished anything of value with our protest but we did get a few encouraging words from other ‘bows passing by. The hug from Drover felt good non-the-less.

screenshot-142.jpg?w=600&h=390
    When he put me back down he kept his hands on my shoulders and looked straight at me, “You’re an amazing friend, Mallow. And the bravest berry I’ve ever met. I hope you know that you mean the world to me.” We hugged each other again, a long warming hug that sent tingles through my body. He was surely something special, this Drover guy.

screenshot-136.jpg?w=600&h=381
    And so the party continued.

screenshot-138.jpg?w=600&h=373
    “Could you all listen for a moment” Flax had jumped on to my kitchen table to speak. “In two months I’ll be celebrating my 18th birthday and take the step in to adulthood. I want to thank you all for joining me in this group. It’s an honor seeing so many of you fight for the rights of colorless.” He was met with applauds and whistles.

screenshot-139.jpg?w=600&h=435
    “I’ve decided to turn this in to a real political party” he continued once everyone was listening again. “The next election is in eight months and by that time I’ll be old enough to have a ruling spot in the government. So, what I’m saying is: Will you all have my back as I hunt down all those oldfashioned opinions and create a new, better place for ALL BERRIES?!

screenshot-137.jpg?w=600&h=369
    I thought my house would collapse by the hubbub. Everyone went absolutely nuts of excitement and the YEEEEEES! that followed Flax’s speech was probably heard all over Fondant Fields.
    edited September 2012
    I wonder if I will be able to keep being so up to date with this save. I hope so! I' currently have two more chapters finished, just waiting to get posted. :D
    edited September 2012
    I hope you keep up to date with with too! :] I can't wait to see what happens next. Marsh is so awesome and so is Drover. ;]

Im cheering for them to get together, eventually. lol
    4s8gctV.png
    edited September 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    I hope you keep up to date with with too! :] I can't wait to see what happens next. Marsh is so awesome and so is Drover. ;]

Im cheering for them to get together, eventually. lol

Ye, I love her. She is so much stronger than my previous story-telling characters! :) And Drover is... Drover. XD
    edited September 2012
    Strong female leads are fun to write about but so are all the other types of people :]

4s8gctV.png
    edited September 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    Strong female leads are fun to write about but so are all the other types of people :]

Haha, I guess you're right. I love diving right in to their heads, exploring their personalities. :) How do you usually decide on what personality to give them?
    edited September 2012
    Chapter 1.6: Take a chance

screenshot-319.jpg?w=600&h=391
    We spent nearly every waken moment working on Flax’s campaign. We knew just how important the election was, and just how much he could get done if he was elected. Not to mention, it was one of his biggest goals in life. We made sure everyone was constantly doing what they did best, whether that be sketching on our posters, talking to other berries or following the other parties campaigns. We had high hopes on the upcoming campaign and there was this feeling surrounding us: We might actually have a chance.

screenshot-150.jpg?w=600&h=393
    To top it all off, Pixie was expecting a little addition. I was so happy for her and Laser Lemon and I knew they would be the most amazing parents ever.

“It’s a girl, I just know it” I said after having one of my frequent conversations with the embryo. Pixie just laughed and pointed out that it was impossible for me to know since they didn’t even know themselves. But oh well, I just had a feeling that she would give birth to a beautiful blueskinned girl.

screenshot-149.jpg?w=600&h=399
    Drover was just as excited as I was about Pixie’s upcoming addition and was pretty much always around. He was like one of those girlfriends you have that always have good advices on how to handle the downsides of pregnancy and he always brought her ice-cream when one of her cravings hit. He was like a mix between best friend and boyfriend, I suppose.

screenshot-143.jpg?w=600&h=384
    If I wasn’t putting fires out, working with the campaign or spending time with Pixie and her soon to be baby, I was on the phone. Even though I wished to stay in the back of the whole political thing everybody kept pushing me forward and upwards. They needed me to be in the front line because Fondant Fields knew me. Both because of who my father was, but also because I had quickly proved myself as a brave and skilled firefighter. I was someone, even though my lack of color somehow blurred that image.

“So what do you say?” Flax asked me. To him, my opinions weighed heavy and he always wanted my support in the desicions needed to be done.

“I don’t know Flax… I think it’s better if our actions try to not upset the town. We have to prove our statement without stepping on their toes, you know?”

“I guess you’re right” he sighed. “But what should we do then?”

screenshot-144.jpg?w=600&h=414
    “Do we really need to do much more? We’ve done protests, TV-interviews and we have those lovely posters all over town” I answered, feeling less and less energetic for the whole campaign the more they kept dragging me to the front. I just wanted to tag along, you know?

“Way to be positive Marsh. No one agrees with us yet. I don’t exactly feel like getting zero votes!?”

“Calm down Flax. You won’t be getting zero votes. You know that. Many people agree with us and you know that too. I have to go now, okay? See you tomorrow, though.”

“Bye then.”

He hung up on me before I had even got the phone off my ear. Poor Flax, he was so stressed out about this all that he was starting to look less and less like himself. It was just that it was so important to him and I think his self-esteem was at stake. My doorbell rang just shortly after we finished our phone call and Drover smiled widely as he walked in:

screenshot-146.jpg?w=600&h=382

“I’ve missed you” he said and I agreed, I had missed him too, even though it had only been a couple of hours since we last saw each other. Each time I looked at Drover I felt pride but I also felt insecure. I knew he was alive because of me, and that obviously made me proud of my actions, but insecure because I didn’t know if his feelings for me were true or just gratitude.

screenshot-152.jpg?w=600&h=393
    “Mallow” he started and took my hands in his. Tingles of joy shot through my body. It felt good, but in the same time I felt extremely defenseless and weak. How did I end up feeling like this with Drover? How did he manage to get me to expose myself in this way? “I was thinking… I might be rushing this now but. You know, I live with my brother. Brother! I’m 25 years old and I live with my brother!”

“Mhm” I said and swung our hands from left to right.

“So, since I spend most of my time here anyway, would you mind if I moved in?”

screenshot-155.jpg?w=600&h=398
    “You know Drover?” I asked, blushing because feelings I tried to suppress managed to break through. “There’s something I want to try.”

“And what’s that?” he wondered.

screenshot-157.jpg?w=600&h=384
    screenshot-156.jpg?w=600&h=385
    I took a chance, right there and then. Let it make or break, I thought. I leaned in and placed my white lips right on his warm, yellow, inviting ones. And boy it felt good.

screenshot-158.jpg?w=600&h=393
    “Uh, was that alright with you?” I mumbled afterwards, almost ashamed of myself for throwing myself over him like that.

screenshot-159.jpg?w=600&h=367
    “You can do that again, if you want to” he smiled.

screenshot-160.jpg?w=600&h=411
    And we did. Only that this time we hungered for more. All the insecurity that had been blurring that first kiss was as blown away now that we both knew that this was something that was okay (and sought after!) from both sides. My lips greedily explored his while my hands rubbed his back, exploring every inch of it. There was a passion and a curiosity to our every moves and I never wanted to let go.

Eventually, I did, obviously. It’s literally impossible to kiss forever, even though you know you want to.

“Was that a yes?” Drover winked and I suddenly remembered his initial question. “I think so” I said and that was that. Drover was officially movin in with me.
    edited September 2012
    Lolol, I just rolled for the second generation... And yup, first kiddo is already born i my game but you all will have to wait like three chapters to see it! Mohahaha!

Well, back to the roll. Let's just say: It'll be an interesting generation story-wise. Mohaha.
    edited September 2012
    That Chapter. I just. OMG <3
    :D

Drover and her are so cute together. I really hope that nothing bad happens and gets between them somehow. &YAY for babies.

Haha, I guess you're right. I love diving right in to their heads, exploring their personalities. :) How do you usually decide on what personality to give them?

I didnt see this before. I'm sorry. :X

I love trying to think and react as someone else. It is challenging and I do not think I always do an amazing job but that is one thing I really like about writing. :]

How do I decide what personality to give someone? Well... I think I usually come up with a plot first or a general idea of what I want to happen. Then I sculpt the general idea of the person out based on the random traits I get in game (It try to stick with what I get) and then have to imagine how that person would react in the situations I stick them in. lol

How do you decide?
    4s8gctV.png