Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A remembrance Lottery (closed)

This is a lottery of remembrance and of new life.

If you guys read my past thread you know my baby of ten years died/had to be put down. She had mammary cancer. I have been grieving for days straight and I am sure I will for a very long time. She was always there for me but I have comfort knowing she was ready to go.
155096_166792306689830_7868167_n.jpg

I bought a puppy. Drove 140+ miles when I got there, it was a freaking puppy mill. The guy only did it for work. The puppies ran and seemed like they have never been loved there whole life. I decided to get one, even though she was 17wks old (4 months) and $600 if they were cheaper I swear I would have taken them all to save them. She has settled down a little but still terrified.

So this is a lottery in remembrance of my baby, Cricket. (which today was rough because of the person who buried her (only ask me if you won't be grossed out). I cried for hours but then realized she had a long life. So I want to do this lottery in remembrance and to "giving life" to this new puppy and to be patient and provide her with a good home.

I'm done yapping so onto how this works:

Prizes:
1st: 100 sp prize
2nd: 50 sp prize
3rd: 25 sp prize

You may nominate someone in your place. I will use random.org.

To enter post a heartwarming picture to do with a puppy or a picture of you showing love to your pet.

Comments

• HollenaHollena Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited August 2012
    entered:

1. Kedg24
    2. SandySim
    3. JazminAdore
    4. ritzbit
    5. Lolllimoewmo
    6. SuttiPutt
    7. kitt32
    8. chocchipnik
    9. UnwillingDonor
    10. TnT_Terry
    11. Srich83
    12. brivenes
    13. immskayleah
    14. Joolster
    15. smoothyrus129
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2012
    Winners:
    edited August 2012
    this will close sometime tomorrow

if you wanna add cricket to your game or just give a rec. Feel free to:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5820689
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2012
    I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss.I know how you feel my cat(my avatar) was put down yesterday.I know the pain.I hope your recovery goes smoothly and painlessly as possible.Cricket was such a cutie.And so is the sim version.
  • Hello83433Hello83433 Posts: 3,403 Member
    edited August 2012
    Sooo sorry for your loss trust me it can be hard to lose someone you love. It will pass by eventually but they will forever be in your heart.
    You could put me down for the lottery and I wish you a speedy recovery *hugs*
    403046191195314s.jpg
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I lost a dog I had had for 14 years, 7 years ago and thought I would never be able to stand the lost, shortly there after I had a chance to take a rescue and give him a 'forever home', one that would love him, not abuse him. I never would have been able to do that if Romeo has still been with us, and as my husband said, he had a long, happy and wonderful life but it was time for him to go, and that perhaps he chose the time on purpose because he know Buddy needed a place to be happy.

I suspect that maybe that might have been, in part, the same for Cricket, whose part in saving this new puppy is something to also honor her memory.
  • Kedg24Kedg24 Posts: 1,743 New Member
    edited August 2012
    i hope this is okay to do since all my old pictures are on the computer not my laptop so here is the sim pic.

577557_3603849387639_231427451_n.jpg

Bronx is based off my real dog who passed away, i loved him so much. but i always keep him close.

love you Bronx♥

i'm sorry about your lost *hugs* Hug_emoticon_by_smiekie.gif
  • scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited August 2012
    I am sorry to hear about your loss. I don't want to be in the lottery (since I just got some amazing gifts lately so someone else need a turn) but I wanted to send you a hug. We lost our oldest cat last year. I know you provided a wonderful home and life so hopefully that will ease the pain.
  • SandySimSandySim Posts: 2,523 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm so sorry (((hugs))) I won't be grossed out if you need to talk about what happened.

Springfairy, I'm sorry for your loss as well :(

As for the puppy mill, can you call the Humane Society where you are or maybe animal control? That guy sounds like he needs to be shut down asap! Maybe call the police dept and ask what can be done. I hate to hear of things like that.

This is my version of my puppy Chloe in game:
    Screenshot-149.jpg
    She is playing in a puddle where the shower broke lol

This is the real Chloe:
    562441_10150701394599064_1296228949_n.jpg

When I've been on the computer too long:
    540507_10150701398274064_578259772_n.jpg
  • beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited August 2012
    I want to enter NightLockFallen. And Babygirl80Plyr.
  • Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited August 2012
    I would like to say that I'm very sorry for your loss, Hollena. It's never easy loosing a pet. They become your family, more then a pet actually. Also, thank you very taking in this new puppy. For giving her a chance at a better life, one filled with love. I rec'd the sim version of your baby, very cute. :)

May I please nominate
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=becomingjenn (becomingjenn) thank you.
  • zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm so sorry.. :( It's not easy losing a pet, or anyone really.

I will enter this lottery. I hope you feel better soon! D:
  • JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited August 2012
    First off, I would like to say that I am sorry for you loss. I would not know how to handle it if I lost my boys(my puppies are my children). :cry:
    And now here are some pictures of my doggies WilbieBob and P.T.,
    Bob and I in 2008
    3241_1133170683192_7657660_n.jpg
    He and his girlfriend in 2010
    307579_2193804638378_7594683_n.jpg
    and in 2011 Wilbie and his son (who was born october of 2010) P.T. They are being sticky noted by my cousin.
    254647_2166643319362_8341926_n.jpg
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • MyrrhawaMyrrhawa Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm sorry for your loss :cry: They are not just pets they are part of the family.So it hurts just as much to loose one of them as well.*hug*

No lottery required ,just wanted to say i was sorry for your loss :(
    tumblr_nt1u2tH5cj1sicac5o1_500.gif
  • Seer144Seer144 Posts: 816 Member
    edited August 2012
    Cricket is a very beautiful dog. I'm going to your studio to reccomend her as soon as I'm done writing this post. That place sounds horrible.....and I feel really guilty about not being able to do anything. I've always liked dogs, even had an affinity with them, so I'm feeling even worse now. I'm sorry to everyone else who had a dog. I had this one dog....his name was Pepper (named by my Mom) he was this cute, young pit ball with white fur and little brown spots along his spine.

You can enter me in the lottery, please. Could you also enter Ceres_Meiriona, please? Thank you for hosting this lottery, especially in your time of grief.

Blessed Be.
  • ritzbitritzbit Posts: 429
    edited August 2012
    I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing one of my cats, I was torn apart when one got really hurt from sneaking out of a cracked apartment window last summer and really screwing up her leg.

My cat Ivory wrapped up in my skirt
    Ivory3.jpg

When I first got her two years ago :)
    Ivory2.jpg

She was a rockstar kitten lol
    Ivory.jpg

Her and my other fur ball Bell, all grown up.
    DSCF0829.jpg
  • LolllimoewmoLolllimoewmo Posts: 797 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my best friend 2 years ago... she was 15 years old, and had lived a great life. I know what you're going through; just know we are all here for you.

I just got a puppy 2 days ago named Molly. I rescued her from a shelter. Here is a picture of her I took earlier today...

215422_161403213996740_1231282888_n.jpg
  • SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited August 2012
    Sorry for your loss,I know it takes time for it to get better.I lost Quentin when he was thirteen and it was very hard because he was the first dog that was totally mine, he was the greatest dog ever and we just seemed to click right off.I would love to enter you lottery and hope that you can hold onto those happy memories of your dog,cause it does help.
    edited August 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    I lost a dog I had had for 14 years, 7 years ago and thought I would never be able to stand the lost, shortly there after I had a chance to take a rescue and give him a 'forever home', one that would love him, not abuse him. I never would have been able to do that if Romeo has still been with us, and as my husband said, he had a long, happy and wonderful life but it was time for him to go, and that perhaps he chose the time on purpose because he know Buddy needed a place to be happy.

I suspect that maybe that might have been, in part, the same for Cricket, whose part in saving this new puppy is something to also honor her memory.

That is beautiful Thank you soooo much you have no idea how much better that made me feel.
    edited August 2012
    Bubbles in case anyone wanted to see her (not me in pic btw)
    2u8hxew.png

btw you guys think I should include those that didn't post a picture? Kinda biased about it and not sure if it would be fair or not?
  • kitt32kitt32 Posts: 1,148
    edited August 2012
    You really pick the cutest names for pets, Hollena. Cricket and Bubbles, both just precious and adorable. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.. but you now have a sweet puppy you can give love to and help you with your grief.

I haven't had a pet in a long time, but one day I will get a black pug just like Bubbles and Cricket. :)

tumblr_kp9jroaVTu1qzetf2o1_500.jpg

This picture is what started my love for pugs, and anyone who hasn't seen it before really needs to!
  • skdluzakskdluzak Posts: 1,241 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Your new puppy is adorablee!

May I please nominate

Chocchipnik

Thank you!
  • chocchipnikchocchipnik Posts: 735 Member
    edited August 2012
    For all those who have lost pets, I came across this shortly after I lost one of my own dogs and thought how so very true. If pets could talk and share their love this is what they would do, although it still makes me cry it also comforts me.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vT4CM42hYyc/TxwclwJ_9sI/AAAAAAAACRg/kmWB7PhIGdc/s1600/dogs+will.jpg "width=640" "height=480"[/img]

(im not nominating myself or anyone else for this just posting a pic for you)

editted to add ok so I have been nominated by someone else thank you skdluzak for the nomination
    Lucky enough to have had many generous friends so I own the Sims 3 store.

I can normally be found lurking more now or in my bunker watching ads and attempting to kill wishlists :D
    I now have a sim story blog! It begins here https://chocchipniksimsblog.wordpress.com/current-story/getting-started/
  • larrylove12larrylove12 Posts: 499 Member
    edited August 2012
    For all those who have lost pets, I came across this shortly after I lost one of my own dogs and thought how so very true. If pets could talk and share their love this is what they would do, although it still makes me cry it also comforts me.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vT4CM42hYyc/TxwclwJ_9sI/AAAAAAAACRg/kmWB7PhIGdc/s1600/dogs+will.jpg "width=640" "height=480"[/img]

(im not nominating myself or anyone else for this just posting a pic for you)

editted to add ok so I have been nominated by someone else thank you skdluzak for the nomination

That is the sweetest picture I have ever seen in my life it brought a lot of memories<3
    tumblr_ogtd5r3cOT1s3ulybo1_400.gif
  • xBananxBanan Posts: 466 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm so sorry for all your losses. It's never easy to loose someone you love. *hugs*
    I lost my dog Biggen earlier this summer. He got sick and we had to put him down. It was one of the worst days of my life.
    I miss him everyday, but I have all these great memories to look back at <3