Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No progress no loading no gaming = Frustated

So here's the thing, I recently bought sims 3 town life stuff and I discovered a few things.
First of all, installing was ok, opening the launcher a complete waste of time and a pain in the *ss. Because of the famous "Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x0000001c at address 0x101eb149." error. I reinstalled like 4 times and didn't work, I even uninstall generations and no work. Finally I just need to change the "The Sims 3" folder's name (the one that is on User/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) from "The Sims 3" to "OLDThe Sims 3) and with that, it worked. The game created a new folder for "The Sims 3", so I have 2 folders now. And finally, I get access thru launcher and play and discovered that I can't play with my saved game even when I moved the files from one folder to the other, which was a real l*me because I was really excited about that.
Second, I can't create sims because it takes an eternity to get them to the world. I mean, I can make them and all but this is worthless because the games keeps loading, and loading, and loading, and loaing... and never stops loading, so I was tired of waiting and just stop the app. Why? Because I wait for at least an hour, A COMPLETE HOUR!!! and it didn't even stop or anything, it just keep loading. So, I only can play from the pre-made sims or houses.
Third, it's really stressing that a expansion pack like WA, Ambitions, LN, or Generations which size is almost double from the stuff pack, didn't were that much of a trouble to play or create sims or whatever; while TLS pack is really disturbing and annoying with everything, and it's size is only 1.5 GB. I can't believe how much trouble I got for this pack that only make me waste $30 dollars (about $324 mxpesos) and has infinite troubles.
Fourth, after I uninstall the TLS the fist time and decided to play without and take it back to the store, I noticed that I can't even play with the Generations Expansion!!! The TLS had patched all the archives and registries and stuff, so I couldn't play!! :x :evil: :cry:
Oh, And finally, the updates and some new specs for the game like having badges and reading posts are completely gone!!! WTH!!

Has anyone has any advice???

I play in a mac and it loads perfectly cc and meshes and stuff from other packs. So this stuff (TLS) really screwed up my game.

Comments

• LindaluLindalu Posts: 684 Member
    edited September 2012
    Do you have a mods folder? If so, drag it to your desktop, then clear your cache and try opening your game. Is it working fine?
    If so, then you will want to ensure that you have all the very latest MODs as they are constantly being updated. If you install an EP or stuff pack or even update your games, you need to temporarily drag your mods folder out, then back in after all is well.

If all fails, you may be best to go through the dreaded uninstall of everything, then reinstall cleanly. It's a drag but feel so good to start anew if all works well afterward. But, I would do this as a last resort.
    Again, remove mods, clear your cache, run the game....any luck?
  • NormalKatNormalKat Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm having a problem similar to that. I was deleting some CC and i went in my game to play a bit. i wetn in to one of my households and it stayed on the loading screen. and it just happened out of nowhere. i didnt download any new packs or anything. and it only happens on the save file i have most progress with. I've tried resetting my computer, and i even deleted the sims 4 tray importer that i had. and i have a windows 10 so everything should be working fine. i recently downloaded a software but the thing is its for my new VR headset i'm getting so i cant delete that. and whenever the loading problem happens it makes the starting sound whenever you start a game but the loading screen stays. can somebody please help :(
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    NormalKat wrote: »
    I'm having a problem similar to that. I was deleting some CC and i went in my game to play a bit. i wetn in to one of my households and it stayed on the loading screen. and it just happened out of nowhere. i didnt download any new packs or anything. and it only happens on the save file i have most progress with. I've tried resetting my computer, and i even deleted the sims 4 tray importer that i had. and i have a windows 10 so everything should be working fine. i recently downloaded a software but the thing is its for my new VR headset i'm getting so i cant delete that. and whenever the loading problem happens it makes the starting sound whenever you start a game but the loading screen stays. can somebody please help :(

@NormalKat, you would be better off going over to the AHQ site to post this issue as this is an old TS3 thread from 2012, so I doubt that anyone in this thread could help you with TS4.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey @NormalKat,

As @lisasc360 already mentioned, this thread has been inactive since 2012 so you'd be better off asking this question on Answers HQ. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can resolve this soon!

In the meantime, I'm locking this thread.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top