The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Careers

So today I realized the only careers I play are the political and the military. There is no reason behind it I just gravitate towards those careers. I have played other ones for a very short while except for the athletic career which I haven't touched. I mean I really only play those careers. once I get them to the top I make the quite and start over in the same career they were in. I'm forcing myself to try other careers all the way through. I'm currently playing law enforcement and Criminal. I 6 out of my 7 sims evil and in the criminal career and made one good and in the law enforcement. I'm kinda of bored though and annoyed. My criminal sims keep getting arrested at work and the law enforcement so far [i'm only on level 3] is boring and easy.

I was wondering what is other peoples favorite and most played careers and Least favorite and never played careers are?

Comments

• abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited August 2012
    bump
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited August 2012
    My sims are usually self-employed as writers or one of the other self-employed careers. I also like the Showtime careers alot.

I have played all the careers at least once. Some of jobs I rarely play are the science career, military career, law enforcement, and most of the Ambitions careers.
  • CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited August 2012
    I suppose I like to play criminal and angler least. I feel guilty with criminals but I still play them. Course, medical is no picnic either unless you're using cheats.

Gardener is one of my favorites, and writers, also culinary for the fridge prize, and i must admit to being partial to musician sim playing.
  • dreambluangeldreambluangel Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited August 2012
    I too have alot of self-employed sims. I dabbled with the PI career for a bit that wasn't to bad and medical with one sim, I liked vaccinating. Science wasn't to bad. I have never tried culinary or criminal. I find i get bored with them going off to work if there isn't some outside fun to be had with them :shock:
  • CollyDollyCollyDolly Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I have the same obsession, I gravitate towards the medical career and the science career. I love the logic skill along with gardening and the opportunities that come with it! I also am fond of the riding skill and doing the competitions, but athletes and criminals are too easy of careers for me.
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited August 2012
    my favorite career has to be medical, but right now im trying culinary career and self-employment as a painter.
  • Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi there. My female sims tend to become Leader of the Free World or 5 Star Chefs. My male sims seem to become Super Spies and Athletes. But I love the music career and the Actor(tress) career too. Business is also fun. The only ones that I don't really like is the professions that came with Ambitions, if you have more than one sim in your household the professions require too much work to also keep up with the rest of your family. However, I haven't really played the Magician or the Ghost Hunter. i almost never have Scientists or Military peeps
    edited August 2012
    Amby316 wrote:
    Hi there. My female sims tend to become Leader of the Free World or 5 Star Chefs. My male sims seem to become Super Spies and Athletes. But I love the music career and the Actor(tress) career too. Business is also fun. The only ones that I don't really like is the professions that came with Ambitions, if you have more than one sim in your household the professions require too much work to also keep up with the rest of your family. However, I haven't really played the Magician or the Ghost Hunter. i almost never have Scientists or Military peeps

I've actually played all of the ambitions careers cause I thought they would be challenging but I though they were really easy. I can just fill my sims actions up with to do and abandon them even If they cancel them out they will do them on their own. I never really play the ambitions one anymore though like said to easy and not really they fun to begin with.
    edited August 2012
    I too have alot of self-employed sims. I dabbled with the PI career for a bit that wasn't to bad and medical with one sim, I liked vaccinating. Science wasn't to bad. I have never tried culinary or criminal. I find i get bored with them going off to work if there isn't some outside fun to be had with them :shock:

I like the challenge of learning the skills when they aren't at work. That's why I like political and military. They have hard skill to learn and military has more than one unlike culinary or athletics. I play medical sometimes though. I should play it more often. I also play with large households so I always have someone at home to play with.
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited August 2012
    I tend to play the culinary career a lot, because it works well with my tendency to give sims the Natural Cook trait, plus I like careers that don't have promotion metrics like "reports/stories written" or "meetings held" and stuff like that, because I always end up falling behind on those. Also, the reward for topping the culinary career track (the most epic fridge EVER) is pretty sweet, so especially for my legacy families, I like knocking that career out of the way near the beginning, so everyone gets the benefit of the Epic Fridge. I also like the science career for its similar "only mood/skill/relationship based" metrics for promotions.
  • Crimson_Angel_41Crimson_Angel_41 Posts: 24 Member
    They should literally add a Farmer/rancher Career sadly they didn't add that to the Cottage Living Expansion
    pack
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    Um...you're in the Sims 3 section.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Yes and necroposting. I'll close this thread out here to limit further necroing but to learn more about what necroposting is, check out this thread: "Let's talk about ... Necroposting! 🧟"
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top