Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will we be able to turn off weather?

Yes, I know it sounds crazy... but I have a game in Bridgeport and the amount of weather falling in the city would be pretty difficult for my laptop to handle. xD

I think it would be a great idea to let us go into the options panel and turn on/off weather when we need to.

Comments

• WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yep we control what weather shows up in each of our save files. So if you want winter, but you never want it to snow, you can do that.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    Yep we control what weather shows up in each of our save files. So if you want winter, but you never want it to snow, you can do that.

we can do that?
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2012
    Wilderwolf wrote:

we can do that?

Yeah this seems a bit far

I understand setting it up so certain seasons happen... but not to the extent where you can chose each individual weather effect.
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited August 2012
    DuneGamer wrote:
    @SimGuruGraham can you change the weather settings for each saved game?
    @DuneGamer Yes! You could stop snow from ever falling in Starlight Shores, or prevent it from ever raining in sunny Sunset Valley if you'd like. Season and weather settings are unique to each save game that you create.

Directly from SimGuruGraham's Twitter.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

edited August 2012
    so we can make it where it would snow in starlight, but it wouldent be for the who;e season or somthin? no lighting, hail, fog, etc? thats a lot for EA to give us
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2012
    so we can make it where it would snow in starlight, but it wouldent be for the who;e season or somthin? no lighting, hail, fog, etc? thats a lot for EA to give us

It is to allow flexibility in settings.

For example a Desert would be a summer year round (maybe with one spring rotation) without any (or extremely little rain).

I know there is one world in the exchange where it would be winter year round with no snow.
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Wow, this is great news. :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Graham has been so helpful... I'm surprised he's allowed to give away all this info, haha
    edited August 2012
    it would be kool if they let us choose how many times somethin would happen, like have it rain once in spring, or have it rain 24/7 :D
  • burnoutPERTHburnoutPERTH Posts: 239 New Member
    edited August 2012
    it would be kool if they let us choose how many times somethin would happen, like have it rain once in spring, or have it rain 24/7 :D

They have, it's called Dr. F's Climatron Control Unit.
  • elbagarpieelbagarpie Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'mma just moan and say I thought it was more fun when you didn't know for sure what weather you would get in Sims 2...but then winters that had hardly any snow were always disappointing.

I can understand why people would want it for graphics card reasons etc though.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited August 2012
    The weather aspect is the main feature of this EP. I hope my computer can handle it..
  • SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited August 2012
    But why spend money on something you're not going the use 50% of?
  • TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited August 2012
    i think we can im not sure after reading threads saying will my computer handle this an ll ill just buy it and seee if it works ive had no problems really
    but yeah we can probably toggle it on and off
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm pretty sure it will be like in TS2. For each game (world) we decide what seasons we want, and how long each season will last. Say you play a desert theme, you might want just summer+summer+autumn+autumn. If you play a tropical theme, you might choose Spring+Summer+Summer+Autumn. If you play a community up in the mountains you could even choose Winter+Winter+Autumn+Winter.

Deciding the seasons, you can even go for just one season x 4.

But, if your computer can't handle it, I think it would be easier to skip the EP. There will be weather effects in all seasons, you will need to have one of the 4.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Amylouise131Amylouise131 Posts: 89 New Member
    edited August 2012
    SumoB wrote:
    But why spend money on something you're not going the use 50% of?

I agree with this ! ..no offence or anything but if you want to turn weather off ...what's the point in buying a seasons EP ?
    Just m opinion :)
  • Designs2GoDesigns2Go Posts: 87 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I know Appaloosa Plains would be perpetual autumn for me.
  • AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited August 2012
    Well i cannot see why you would buy it if you don;t want the weather
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't know why people are suggesting she should not buy the EP....

She doesn't want any form of Season in her "Bridgeport" town, not all of her games. Plus all saves should have their own set up for weather, it's not a global feature but individually specific per town.

I won't be using Seasons in Lunar Lakes or Lucky Palms, but I'll be using it in other towns.

Does that mean I shouldn't buy Seasons? :? 8)
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited August 2012

Have you never played sims 2? :shock: It's all in the settings and it's aall can be fixed by the weather machine in the game... oh gosh..
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited August 2012
    Adjusting my previous reply. It's been confirmed we can adjust the content of at least some of the weather features, I think snow might be the heaviest, tech wise. A wether panel in "options" will allow us to adjust it all, we just need more info on how detailed our adjustments can be. I think only snowing on/off has been confirmed.

That said, the length of each season can be adjusted, so if one season turns out to be a resource hogger on your system, at least you can make that season last only 3 simdays, and make the other seasons last longer. It might reduce the problem, as the seasons do blend, and 3 days will probably not be enough time for ie temperature etc to adjust, untill it will need to adjust again to the next season. Avoiding the extremes.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg