Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long will you set your Seasons?

Comments

• IhdrenielIhdreniel Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Most likely I'll set them to the full 28! I play on epic lifespan, so that's what would probably fit the best.
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2012
    7 days? of simdays or real days?
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited August 2012
    I set my sims ages to each "year" is 4 days. Babies being infants 4 days, toddlers (age 1-4) 16 days etc. so I think i'll set each season to 8 days (if possible) so it's like 2 years for my simmies per season so that before their teenagers they will still experience each season but also give me plenty of time to work with each season.
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited August 2012
    Since I play on a longer lifespan (epic) for my sims, I think that 10 days a season would be fine for me. 7 days seems just a tad bit too short.

Happy Simming!
  • kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited August 2012
    depends on what town, i make it where its 6 weeks for everything, like starlight will have spring(2weeks) summer(2weeks) fall(1week) winter(1week) :D
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited August 2012
    I tend to play with either aging off or on the epic lifespan. I'm thinking something like two or three weeks per season :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • MisGrudgeMisGrudge Posts: 206
    edited August 2012
    Hmmm. I think I'll make every season 7 Sim days long. I think that will work the best :)
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited August 2012
    I was gonna play with 3-4 days per season... but I'm probably gonna start with at least 7 per season so that I've got time to enjoy festivals and activities. I have lifespan set just below 90 days so my Sims will experience each season at least 3 times in their life
  • PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited August 2012
    I think I will try cheat the system... and to have each life stage experience a full 'year' I will just keep switching the lengths of each season :lol: It will be annoying but at least I wont have to be a baby or toddle for 28 days :roll:
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2012
    Personally, I really like things to move fast. I'll have to see how this game works with its gradual seasons and see if seven days is actually the maximal setting for proper gradual seasons effects (although I'm sure they adjusted it for every amount of days we could set it to, it would probably still have a point where it would feel the best, like three days would be too fast.).

Coming from The Sims 2 Seasons I think that I would like each season to be four or five days long. It moves pretty fast, as I really enjoyed that span in The Sims 2 Seasons.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • SimNowSimNow Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2012
    depends on what town, i make it where its 6 weeks for everything, like starlight will have spring(2weeks) summer(2weeks) fall(1week) winter(1week) :D

Same here.

I think Riverview will have 7 days of each season. I'm not sure about the others yet.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I think I'll have it set up so that each season is a fortnight, and that each year (which will end in bang) will be 56 days long, and more or less adjust each life stage accordingly so the baby/toddler stage totals one year, children and teens get a fair few years themselves, and gradually get more years as they get on.

I'll put the lunar cycle at either 7 or 14 day cycles.
  • debrawolfsohndebrawolfsohn Posts: 408 New Member
    edited August 2012
    In the beginning I think I'll set Seasons to the shortest amount of time (3 days) just to experience the changes.

Just as in Sims 2...I'll probably make Winter my longest season over time.
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited August 2012
    Just like Sims 2 Seasons, I'll set the seasons to correspond and match real life. Unlike Sims 2 Seasons, the Traveller mod is available and my sims will be going on vacation to seasonal locations. I'm so excited I could SPIT!

:)-peace
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited August 2012
    the max i think 28 days
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't see the seasons as much as individual experiences, more like an affect on the entire community/world. So, I won't try to make each sim experience all seasons during a certain life stage, etc. Some will not have Spring during their teens, which might be a bad thing due to the romancing spring fest stuff, but then again there will be variation, and it will feel stronger for those sims being a certain age when going to the spring fest.

I'm a bot concerned that season progress (probably) can't be switched off. I often play just one house with aging on, but will turn aging off occationally in order to play a few days checking on all the houses in town, making sure they make some income, have kids, wear outfits matching their class/interests, etc. Guess I need to install the EP to see how I can get around this, because I don't want seasons to proceed when I check on other houses.

Back on topic, I guess I'll just play the default season length, was that 7 or 9 days? In TS2 it often took a couple days to switch from one season to the next because temperature (or other parameters) might need time to change gradually. So, seasons shorter than 7 days is out of the question for me.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ninten13ninten13 Posts: 77
    edited August 2012
    Probably about 18-20 days per season, as i do play on epic and i want a nice bit of time to admire each season. Its a bit more realistic then, instead of waking up to autumn (fall) then going to bed nearly winter.
  • teamjacoberteamjacober Posts: 120 New Member
    edited August 2012
    14, i think one week is just too short for me and any longer i'd get bored! A smart tacit if you want them having all of each season? turn aging off them automatically age them up after all 4 seasons!
  • emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm going to set it at 3 for my first trial with seasons. Try the different things out. THEN, I'd probably set each season similar to RL. I would like my Sim children to go through each season before ageing.
  • Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I was going to use Sandy from ATS3 system for ageing up but I might change it around so that I have my seasons lasting 10-28 days, depending on the world and will have a year be represented by 3 cycles of the seasons. It would be nice to switch whenever but oh well.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited August 2012
    I have a hard time with those sliders in the aging. LIke if I want 48 days for an age, it will slide to 47 or 49 but not 48. Very annoying because then I have to keep track of the other sims in the world to age them up. Does anyone know if we can edit the options.ini for ages?
  • tylerchamptylerchamp Posts: 118
    edited August 2012
    PixieStix wrote:
    I don't know, I was thinking it would be nice to play out a full 'year' as each age but then if you had each season at 7 days long you'd be playing as a baby for 28 days x_x I don't think I could cope.

Thats's what I was going to do as well, but I was thinking of combining toddler and baby to make one full year. Like 2-3 days of baby (not 28...it's scary thinking about it)and the rest as toddler.
    The highest it can go is 20 for both so...5 days for each season. :? :|I like seven better...
  • VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm probably start with every season for 7 days. Then maybe later I'll go up to 10 or 13 days for each season, maybe longer. It really depends. :D
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'll leave it on default to start out with, so the sims have at least one weekend to enjoy the season. I don't think I'll make them shorter, as the holidays would be too frequent then, but I might make them longer.
  • LimeSims3LimeSims3 Posts: 550 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'll stick to the default, or maybe change it to 5 days per season. How long were each season in The Sims 2?
    Twitter: @LimeSims ♦ Facebook: iSims Sverige
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top