Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long will you set your Seasons?

How long will you set your Seasons?
I noticed in jennthya's thread a tweet from SimGuruGraham that a season can last from 3 to 28 days.

I hadn't given this any thought, but I think I might start thinking how many seasons I would like to see a Baby-to-teen experience. I would certainly like them to experience all the seasons before they turn YA.

It would depend on how many days you have set for their age stages and how many days you have set for the season. I would think you could slice it many ways.

My current age stage distribution set against a 7 day season. Assuming, I can set it for 7 Days.

Baby: 3 days (Spring)
Toddler: 5 days (Spring cont/ Summer)
Child: 7 Days (Summer Cont/ Fall)
Teen: 16 Days (Fall cont/ Winter/ Spring)
Young Adult: 30 Days (Spring cont/ Summer/ Fall/ Winter/ Spring)
Adult: 20 Days (Spring cont/ Summer/ Fall/ Winter)
Elder: 9 Days (Winter cont/ Spring)

So over the lifetime of a sim born on the first day of Spring in my game, they will experience 4 springs, 3 summers, 3 falls, and 3 winters.

If I want the baby, toddler, child, and teen stages to each experience all four seasons, I'm going to have to adjust some numbers. I think I will be satisfied with children experiencing all four seasons before they reach YA.

What do you plan to do?
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Comments

• PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2012
    Oh man CK, I hadn't thought about syncing it with sims' ages. I'' figure that out when the game gets here :lol:

I'm not sure how long exactly I want my seasons yet in days, however since I'm really big on the holidays, I want autumn and winter to be the longest. I hate winter IRL, but it gives our sims more options and new weather effects.
  • PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't know, I was thinking it would be nice to play out a full 'year' as each age but then if you had each season at 7 days long you'd be playing as a baby for 28 days x_x I don't think I could cope.
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2012
    Mainly 28 days prehaps longer if I decide to leave it on winter a while.

I'll however start with 3 days due to testing purposes. I want to test all the seasons and festivals.
  • lukypalms54lukypalms54 Posts: 303 Member
    edited August 2012
    im setting each season to 28 so its like realife really long , plus i want to enjoy each seasons to its fullest :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2012
    I think a 3 day test would be good to try things out. I don't know how I feel about the 7 day season cycle yet. I think between 7 and 14 days might be good for me.
  • SamacoySamacoy Posts: 446
    edited August 2012
    It said that the default was seven days, which I had been thinking about setting it to before that little tid bit was mentioned. It seems like a good number to me.
  • babyvdramaqueenbabyvdramaqueen Posts: 398 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I would like to have them all be even and long, so maybe about 10 or 15 each? I might do what catloverplayer is doing by testing each out in 3 days each. Hmm :?
  • mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited August 2012
    Well, I don't necessarily go by the age(s) of the sims I'm playing but more or less by the season. I live in the desert (thanks California..) and it can get well up into the 100's so usually I'm dying. Seasons gives me a break from it so I'll be keeping my winter and fall a little (LOT!) longer than my spring or summer.

To be honest, this EP does give you realistic abilities but helps out as you can try new weather(s) that you don't have in your RL town. But hey, guess I'm weird like that. :lol:

Anyways, CK, do you have any houses or sims that you've decided on playing in your game once you get it? :mrgreen:
    edited August 2012
    Wow, with a 28 day season with my current distribution, it would go like this.

Spring: Baby to Teen
    Summer: Teen to YA
    Fall: YA To Elder
    Winter: Elder

I would have to have my sims live longer to experience more than 1 to 2 seasons per age stage.

I think I'm just going to have to play the game to get the balance between life span and seasons experienced per life stage.
  • Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    edited August 2012
    7 days for now.
    edited August 2012
    mw1234 wrote:
    Anyways, CK, do you have any houses or sims that you've decided on playing in your game once you get it? :mrgreen:

No, I haven't thought about that. I have no idea what I'm going to play. :-)
    I think I might recreate a TS2 home that I loved playing in winter.
  • mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited August 2012
    CK213 wrote:
    mw1234 wrote:

I was really hoping that maybe a surprise would come along leading up to the release that some houses that were with seasons in The Sims 2 would be released as just some generosity gift. :wink:
  • babyvdramaqueenbabyvdramaqueen Posts: 398 New Member
    edited August 2012
    CK213 wrote:
    Wow, with a 28 day season with my current distribution, it would go like this.

Spring: Baby to Teen
    Summer: Teen to YA
    Fall: YA To Elder
    Winter: Elder

I would have to have my sims live longer to experience more than 1 to 2 seasons per age stage.

I think I'm just going to have to play the game to get the balance between life span and seasons experienced per life stage.
    Lol, but I was wondering, since your first distribution looked really nice, how many days would that be for every season? Your first one :)
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm definitely going to start off with seven days. That seems like enough for me to enjoy each season. However it probably will change once I get in game.
  • godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited August 2012
    I play my sims with an epic life span, so i will set my seasons to the longest that i can to be able to fully appriciate each season. Although i do like the idea of testing it out for three days to check everything out. :) Either way, short or long seasons I am sure that we can all agree that this is going to be an awesome EP.
  • Sims33337Sims33337 Posts: 78 Member
    edited August 2012
    CK213 wrote:
    mw1234 wrote:

Could you please upload it to the echange then? Please :P
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited August 2012
    My sims live 168 days so if I wanted them to live through roughly 2 season each, I could set the seasons at 21 days.

Hmmm...that seems like too long for my garden to be dormant. Maybe I'll go for 4 seasons each and 10 or 11 days each.
  • imahippyyoimahippyyo Posts: 1,146 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Interesting... so with the way my game is set it would be like this:

Baby 3 days - Spring

Toddler 7 days - Spring for 4 days, summer for 3

Child 7 days - summer for 4 days, fall for 3

Teen 14 days - Fall for 4, winter, spring for 3

YA 21 days - Spring for 4, summer, fall, winter for 3

Adult 21 days - Winter for 4, spring, summer, fall for 3

Elder 19 + days - Fall for 4, winter, spring, summer for 1, + however many other days.
  • Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited August 2012
    I am not sure, but I do know that one of my worlds will be a Winter Wonderland! I love Winter!!!
  • tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I was thinking maybe 10-12 days. Cause 7 seems a little short and 14 seems a little long xD
  • sugar_cookiessugar_cookies Posts: 1,308 New Member
    edited August 2012
    This will taking some testing out for me, because I want them long enough to enjpy each season but I also want each life stage to experience each season. But I hate the idea of playing a toddler for 20+ days if they didn't add enough gameplay for them.
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited August 2012
    Right now I'm thinking two weeks, but I'll have to see once I actually start playing if that's too short or too long.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited August 2012
    i plan on setting each season to about a week or two. I play on a long lifespan. Cant wait! this is going to be fun
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited August 2012
    Since I play with aging off, I might just set it to the longest right away and see how that goes.
  • Natt923Natt923 Posts: 32
    edited August 2012
    7 or 14 days but I am going to increase my young sims life stage I want my toddlers, kids, and teens to experience all seasons in one life stage its more realistic who is born in fall and is a full grown teen by summer. Or I could adjust my sims to age up one life state every four cycles except for babies and toddlers those are the annoying stages.
    So basically if I have my seasons last 7 days it would be like this
    babies 7 days
    toddlers 14 days
    child 28
    teens 28
    young adults 30
    adults 35
    elder 28

170 sim days
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top