Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is CC?

I keep seeing it everywhere. What is CC?

Example: Why buy the stuff packs when there is so much CC available for download?

???huh???

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi,

To answer your question, CC stands for custom content and can be defined in two broad categories. Custom content that is made by EA is known as Premium Content. Premium Content can be obtained by purchasing it from the Sims 3 Store using SimPoints, although some Store content like Harvest Bounty is available for free. Custom content that is not made by EA (clothes, hairstyles, etc.) is classified as third party content and can only be obtained by visiting the third party websites where the content originated from.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    Shadow2SoulShadow2Soul Posts: 1,628 Member
    edited August 2012
    I agree with Nichaedemus.

Although most of the time when people talk about CC on here, they are referring to third party content.

You have to be very careful with third party content, because it can mess up your game. On a side note though, I do use third party content in my game and EA content. There are a few third party tools that where created to check for harmful third party content.
  • Options
    MissSpiffeyMissSpiffey Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi,
    Custom content that is not made by EA (clothes, hairstyles, etc.) is classified as third party content and can only be obtained by visiting the third party websites where the content originated from.

Technically not true. There is a TON of CC that comes loaded with stuff you can get in the exchange, that may have originated from a third-party. This most often happens with a Sim download, and is often the cause of people getting "bad CC" (notorious for disfiguring babies, toddlers, etc). When you download a sim they typically come bundled with lots of extra stuff. On one hand it's a great way to pick up some new free hairstyles and make-up, but it's also a quagmire of bad stuff which nearly always ends up being a clothing item. Beware!

The exchange, since it part of thesims3.com does not classify as a third-party website, but has lots of non-premium content.

On that note, if anyone is still reading, if you DO download from the exchange, I highly advise against mass-downloads, otherwise I can almost guarantee you'll end up with some bad stuff mixed in and you'll be in a tizzy trying to figure out which file is corrupting your game.
    Gallery: #ItzSpiffy - I make custom NoCC Wall Art for the game using only my sim's camera and in-game scenery! I also love building modern mansions among other things.
  • Options
    WinterCloudsWinterClouds Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited August 2012
    Custom content. :)