Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course: Building Tombs! Guest Lecturer: Lissykin! ViewAll Lessons Now! (see post 1)

Comments

• CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited August 2012
    Ooooh, the registrar is gonna be busy if this keeps up! ^_^

Come one, come all - learn how to make your sims into skeletons [Supnat EP] by making them reenact the "Cask of Amontillado" [which is what I would have worked on for class, if'n I had a computer to do it on. :P Everyone loves Poe, especially with Halloween on it's way. It's my favorite story of his!]

Tombs is fun! Larn how to make one! (mmmm, immurement...)
    {I'm such a morbid student! I'm very much in favor of stealing a tin box from the Mausoleum and immuring the box in the foundation stone of your new builds for good luck.
    The tin boxes fit quite nicely, if you ask me. Besides, it's traditional.}
    (Cathedral makers did it all the time to keep the buttresses from collapsing. But I think they knocked the worker out for good before burying him in the foundation)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,791 Member
    edited August 2012
    I love it Cressie! I'm going to immure a skeleton in your honor, okay? That particular Poe tale is one of my favorites, along with The Golden Bug and The Fall of the House of Usher. :D
    edited August 2012
    Oh, Lissy, do! Hey! Why don't YOU make Amontillado based on the book - for class?! That would be cool! An 18th century Italianate Palazzo with some guy named Fortunato wearing a jester suit ghosting about the place, tin box in a secret room with his skeletal remains near the wine cellar. [I think the store has clothes that would pass for a "nobleman" in carnival clothing in there somewhere]

But if not, make sure you pick a good one out of the mausoleum for your build. Preferably, you want a sim who starved to death (for accuracy's sake, you understand - vampires are easy for that, mine die all the time cuz I forget to stock up on plasma fruit in their inventory!).
    If you stick a live sim in the wall while youre building, he ought to be dead by the time youre finished with the project. :P

I have a friend that accidentally 'Casked' her two cats in the wall when she was remodeling her kitchen. After a whole day, she wondered where they were (house cats, weren't allowed outside). She was getting worried and called her sister on the kitchen phone - wherein from the wall she heard her kitties yollering. So she had to poke a hole in her new drywall to get them out. :lol: I couldn't quit calling them the 'Cats of Amontillado' after that! :mrgreen:

I hope you've all learned a non-Zoo U lesson. DO NOT build with your kitties present. They just make more work.

edits: serious probs with this thing erasing what I submit
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2012
    "Attendance is highly recommended but not mandatory"
    What kind of a college is this, anyway... heehee?!
    (I tried this out in my real college experience my third year, and it didn't work so well. :P I recommend actually showing up if you want to graduate someday - in RL, anyway. You'll want your commencement glue, trust me!!)
    edited August 2012
    LOL Yes, do please attend RL college! This course is perfect because it's not RL. You don't even have to pay! Isn't that great? lol

As far as the build goes, I've already prepared the class, but I'll give you one guess on what my next side project will be! With Supernatural coming out I can even customize my ghost! Woot!

Thank you to everyone who has registered so far, and any lurkers out there - feel free to register, it doesn't mean you have to be there. Heck, you don't even have to do the homework on time. :D
    edited August 2012
    Lissykin wrote:
    LOL Yes, do please attend RL college [classes]! ...Heck, you don't even have to do the homework on time [at Zoo U]. :D
    Best way to learn, really! No pressure, just play! Woot!
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited August 2012
    sharonxyz wrote:
    Register me, Please !!! :D

Hi, Sharon! You are registered! Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m
    edited August 2012
    niac1234 wrote:
    register me!! :D

DONE! Welcome back, Niac!
    oow785m
    edited August 2012
    "Attendance is highly recommended but not mandatory"
    What kind of a college is this, anyway... heehee?!
    (I tried this out in my real college experience my third year, and it didn't work so well. :P I recommend actually showing up if you want to graduate someday - in RL, anyway. You'll want your commencement glue, trust me!!)

A few of my real-life college students have learned that lesson the hard way as well. I'll never forget the guy who decided to take a little vacation in the middle of College Algebra one semester. He came to my office and said, "I've missed two weeks of class, so what are you going to do about it."

I said, "What do you mean what am I going to do about it? I guess I'll fail you. What are YOU going to do about it?"

Keep in mind, he was very straight forward with the fact that he wasn't ill, there was no emergency or disaster, he just decided not to play college student for awhile.

He genuinely thought that this was MY problem to solve, that I should make extraordinary arrangements to get with him and re-teach two weeks of material and give him extensions on all deadlines so that he could get caught up.

He did not pass College Algebra that semester.

By the way LOL@ 'Cats of Amontillado'!
    oow785m
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm home!!!! I'm still alive!!! I survived the camping trip! I would like to celebrate by Registering for Lissy's Tomb Building Class. I'll just add it into the other two projects I am working on... like finishing up Wibble's class. :D

And my Supernatural Project, I'm doing that too! :D

I need tombs, I do! A place to store my spare brooms. :shock:
    edited August 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    I'm home!!!! I'm still alive!!! I survived the camping trip! I would like to celebrate by Registering for Lissy's Tomb Building Class. I'll just add it into the other two projects I am working on... like finishing up Wibble's class. :D

And my Supernatural Project, I'm doing that too! :D

I need tombs, I do! A place to store my spare brooms. :shock:

AWESOME, P-pup! Glad to see you back and so happy to see you participating in all this fun stuff. I'm really excited to take Lissy's class, too!

I will add you to the roster!!
    oow785m
    edited August 2012
    *reowr, meow, meowrr, rowreowwwww, meow...*
    ::scratches at cobwebby drywall::
    ::broom falls down on pet's head::
    *meoweeee! HISSSSS, meowrrgrrrrr!*
    ::spits at broom and bites at it::

FELINE TRANSLATION: The broom has fallen, and I can't get out. Ouchies! HISSSSS - stupid broom!

Zoo! What a brilliant student you had!!! I'm impressed.
    Beats out my justification for never going to Geology 101 except for test day.
    In my defense, though, the grad student was teaching the class by reading the textbook verbatim at us - I just figured that I could DO THAT MYSELF at home. I got a C in the class because I left off not bothering to read the book either. I still have the book though and intend to read it 20-years-after-the-fact during this class...

Yo! P-pup! Whatup?! ::peace sign on shoulder::
    (see what happens when you skip class! Your grammar goes to pot and you have no idea what lava is technically made of!)

::Hands shiny apple to Lissy:: Instead of guessing at your next project, can you give me a multiple-choice question instead?! That way, I have a 25% chance of getting it right without studying your past tendencies.
    edited August 2012
    *reowr, meow, meowrr, rowreowwwww, meow...*
    ::scratches at cobwebby drywall::
    ::broom falls down on pet's head::
    *meoweeee! HISSSSS, meowrrgrrrrr!*
    ::spits at broom and bites at it::

FELINE TRANSLATION: The broom has fallen, and I can't get out. Ouchies! HISSSSS - stupid broom!

Zoo! What a brilliant student you had!!! I'm impressed.
    Beats out my justification for never going to Geology 101 except for test day.
    In my defense, though, the grad student was teaching the class by reading the textbook verbatim at us - I just figured that I could DO THAT MYSELF at home. I got a C in the class because I left off not bothering to read the book either. I still have the book though and intend to read it 20-years-after-the-fact during this class...

Yo! P-pup! Whatup?! ::peace sign on shoulder::
    (see what happens when you skip class! Your grammar goes to pot and you have no idea what lava is technically made of!)

::Hands shiny apple to Lissy:: Instead of guessing at your next project, can you give me a multiple-choice question instead?! That way, I have a 25% chance of getting it right without studying your past tendencies.

You are one of those "bad influence" students I sometimes get, aren't you? :lol:
    oow785m
    edited August 2012
    Nuh-uh, Zoo. I'm the good student. Nice and quiet and polite.

The one youre looking for is the one that put tacks on your chair and that wasn't me [it was p-pup]
    ::pointing finger at her back::
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for joining in P-pup! Glad you survived the great outdoors. lol

@Zoo: Cressie is always a good influence, see the halo? :mrgreen:

@Cressie: Thanks for the apple! It's real, right? lol

Multiple choice question:
    1. Lissy's next project will be:
    a. A Cellar
    b. A Castle with a Cellar
    c. A Castle with a Cellar with a Weird Wall
    d. All of the above and a Jester Simmie shouting from somewhere...
    :shock: :twisted: :wink:
    edited August 2012
    Lissy: After you have been teaching for thirty years the way that I have, you will be able to spot the devils in angel clothing. Just sayin'! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • dementor1213dementor1213 Posts: 1,835 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Register me! I really need to learn this, my understanding of tombs extends as far as making stairs appear and disappear with a switch.
    edited August 2012
    Register me! I really need to learn this, my understanding of tombs extends as far as making stairs appear and disappear with a switch.

Hi, Dementor! I am putting you on the class roster right now. Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m
    edited August 2012
    Dementor, you are starting ahead of me. :D

Cressie, I prefer a yes or no question, usually, but I like Lissie's multiple choice!

I was always a good student, never late for class, and always polite. :mrgreen:

OK, bathroom break! *raises hand*
    *walks into bathroom and sees horse laying on back on the ground*

"Help, I've fallen and I can't Giddy-Up!" :shock:
  • dementor1213dementor1213 Posts: 1,835 New Member
    edited August 2012
    priscapup wrote:
    Dementor, you are starting ahead of me.

The only reason I know this is because I looked it up so I could make a hidden staircase out of a house I built, lol.
  • KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited August 2012
    I've built a couple of hidden rooms w/triggers in various lots, but never an entire tomb. I'll definitely be watching this thread with interest!
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited August 2012
    I will not be able to make Saturday' s actual lecture, due to being out of town, but I will be an honorary student! I really want to learn about this! I am excited to learn about these hidden triggers and tomb building. These kinds of things could make for some great builds!
    edited August 2012
    Thanks KL and T! You ladies can join the class even if you will be looking at the material after the "live" version of the class is over. Lots of Zoo U students do that! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited August 2012
    I definitely want to learn more about this, and will happily let Lissy teach me rather than puzzle through it on my own!

Excited!

T
    edited August 2012
    I have lots of hidden triggers my husband is still learning about. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top