Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a limit to how long you can play a saved game? - Neighborhood Keeps crashing

My legacy has been crashing constantly lately. I am currently at 55 weeks, 5 days and every time at 3:00 PM or so on that day my game freezes. After that my computer comes up with a message saying "The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working and Needs to Close" and I have to close the program.

I tried out using my backup and it went back five days during that game and it worked fine. Then I got back to that same time and the freeze/crash is back. None of my 5 other game saves have a problem.

The Crash Log Analyzer says that it's because of bad CC, but my other games work just fine and I've tried narrowing it down as well as checking it with Delphy's Dashboard. None of my CC is bad! Other times it has also said that my crashes are because of low ram, but my computer is brand new and has 8gb of it.

I'm really confused... will I need to transfer my legacy over to a completely fresh game?

Comments

• Shadow2SoulShadow2Soul Posts: 1,628 Member
    edited August 2012
    have you tried creating a new save? (pick save as and give file different name)

It could be because of how many times the save file has been overwritten. Over-writing the same file over and over again will eventually cause problems. This applies to any file, not just TS3 ones.
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited August 2012
    have you tried creating a new save? (pick save as and give file different name)

It could be because of how many times the save file has been overwritten. Over-writing the same file over and over again will eventually cause problems. This applies to any file, not just TS3 ones.
    Yeah, I did that with the backup file.
    edited August 2012
    Also, my legacy save file is 140mb, and takes a long time to load compared to other neighborhoods. xD
    edited August 2012
    Would transferring my legacy over to a clean, new save help possibly?
    edited August 2012
    I hate bumping, but is it also possible that there's a size (MB) limit to how big your neighborhood can be?