Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashing when entering CAS in Plan Outfit

The game is crashing when I go into CAS within the game to add additional outfits. At first I thought it was a fluke but it crashes every time the CAS comes up in PLAN OUTFIT. Anyone else experiencing this crash?

Comments

• Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited July 2012
    My game crashes a lot in CAS and Build/Buy Mode. I think it's because of update 1.36

I edit one outfit at a time and save the game in between
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • Options
    angelluvbug82angelluvbug82 Posts: 78 Member
    edited July 2012
    I am also going through the same thing since downloading Diesel. Everytime I try to go into CAS even using the cheat, the game just freezes and sits there until I manually shut it down. So annoying!! Please fix soon!
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited August 2012
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue! I've pulled all my non-store CC and mods and even cleared my caches, but it crashes on my pretty much every time I go into 'plan outfit.' Sometimes I'm lucky and manage to edit an outfit and get out in time to save it, but I usually can't. :(

Whatever this bug is, I realllly hope they fix it soon!
  • Options
    ollyosis2008ollyosis2008 Posts: 150 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm sort of experiencing the same thing. My game doesn't crash, but when I go into CAS to make a new family and I go to complete it, it'll say it's processing for forever. It won't stop processing. I've thought about taking everything off and then reintalling. This is very annoying so I hope a patch can fix it.
  • Options
    DaQueen84DaQueen84 Posts: 400 New Member
    edited August 2012
    :( I have same issues. I can build a whole town, but for CAS I can't make any new ones. I've uninstalled, updated, clean computer, and everything in between and still nothing! Let me know if you find the solution.
  • Options
    greenarrow93greenarrow93 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2012
    My game crushes only when I play Pets. That's why I burned it. :)
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited August 2012
    I am having crashing since installing Diesel. I believe it is the same reason.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    MychuckyboyMychuckyboy Posts: 605 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yep, I have the same issue. Going into CAS and adding a new outfit will cause my game to crash.
  • Options
    Pixylady10Pixylady10 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I've been having the same problem since I installed Supernatural. Has anyone figured out how to fix it?
  • Options
    Mah310Mah310 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Same here! Every time I go plan an outfit or go into build mode the game crashes.
  • Options
    IcePhoenix92IcePhoenix92 Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    Having the same problem since I installed seasons :(
  • Options
    kobit555kobit555 Posts: 325 Member
    edited December 2012
    MarySusan wrote:
    The game is crashing when I go into CAS within the game to add additional outfits. At first I thought it was a fluke but it crashes every time the CAS comes up in PLAN OUTFIT. Anyone else experiencing this crash?

It happens to me all the time, it's so annoying!! :(
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited January 2013
    Same thing is happening to me. I can enter CAS with the cheat with no problem. But every time I try to plan an outfit to add more outfits the game crashes before I can edit even one and save.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    ChezbugChezbug Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Having the same problem since I installed seasons :(

I have exactly the same issue - it has only started since Seasons and then got worse since adding Monte Vista
  • Options
    melzy08melzy08 Posts: 53
    edited February 2013
    MarySusan wrote:
    I was having the same problem. It was crashing/freezing for me when I tried planning an outfit while my sim was wearing his career outfit! I'm not sure if this will help anyone here, but it's worth a shot if you know your sim was in a career outfit when you were trying to use the dresser. c:
  • Options
    WembeleyWembeley Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    OMG this has been going on since 2009 and no fix yet? I have been having this problem a while but lately it is horrific, happens all the time and sometimes I can save just one changed outfit but most of the time not even that. I've gone to playing older games where I already like what they are wearing and have given up trying to create new families. Please post here if there ever is a solution. I fear once Sims 4 hits no one will even care and I don't plan on upgrading for a long time.
  • Options
    7531yo7531yo Posts: 111 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I have the same problem. I can edit a few outfits in CAS plan outfit. like going in order i get to create a style in the sleepwear section and it crashes. it usually varies. the example was what just happened to me. It has also crashed in makeover mode in CAS. :? :(:cry:
  • Options
    butterflytattoobutterflytattoo Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I had not played SIMS 3 in two years, I bought seasons yesterday but everytime I go into everyday to change the outfit the computer crashes, it seems that a lot of people are having this problem, which can only be fixed when someone from EA designs a patch to fix this issue.
    I find this very frustrating as I would love to play this game, I have spent a lot of money buying worlds games etc over the years, you would think that someone with todays technology could fix this problem!!
  • Options
    lammyloverlammylover Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Same here every time I go on plan outfit my game crashes and comes up saying "the Sims 3 has encountered a problem" its really annoying because I want to make a new outfit for my recently aged up sim :(. Sometimes I can make one outfit tick and get back to live mode and save but that's a rare occurrence and once I had it where I was saving because I managed to get through plan outfit but then it said while saving error 16 I think and my game crashed :( I have no mods, and uninstalled my custom content also I constantly delete the caches. I would like to know why is happening and have this problem fixed so I can play properly again :!:
  • Options
    videojournalistkvideojournalistk Posts: 23
    edited June 2014
    Has this still not been fixed yet? Has anyone found a way around it?

for me, it doesnt freeze everytime, but more like 8 times out of 10.