Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laptop Cooling Pads for TS3?

riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
So I've been playing TS3 a lot for the past two days since I finally got my game up and running better. The problem is that my laptop gets really hot and every 20 minutes I have to let my game sit for about 5 minutes to let my laptop cool.

I'm thinking about getting a laptop cooling fan but want to know if anyone has had good results or if it's just another useless laptop accessory. :P If you use one, what are your results like and which brand/model do you use?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2012
    rinirae wrote:
    So I've been playing TS3 a lot for the past two days since I finally got my game up and running better. The problem is that my laptop gets really hot and every 20 minutes I have to let my game sit for about 5 minutes to let my laptop cool.

I'm thinking about getting a laptop cooling fan but want to know if anyone has had good results or if it's just another useless laptop accessory. :P If you use one, what are your results like and which brand/model do you use?

Thanks! :)
    I have a 20 lb gaming laptop that is heavy and works like a desktop. I have a dual cooling system underneath it I got at Best Buy for about $50. Mine is made by Targus and works just fine.

You should never run you're laptop without a cooling system or you will be replacing it soon. Heat will fry the components inside so you MUST have airflow to draw it out. That's with any computers (desktops) but more so with laptops. You can search online at places like Best Buy and the price range varies.

ETA: You'll also want to invest in some compressed air to keep the vents clear of debris underneath. I have two cans sitting right next to my laptop.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've actually also been wonder if anyone uses one and if they are worth buying. Been eyeing some for some weeks now but haven't heard anything about them.

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2012
    My laptop automatically turns off after going above 96 I believe... so I'm safe (so far) from the whole "frying" thing... it hasn't reached that temperature in quite awhile.

It's funny the thing I do to keep my laptop cool... I balance it between my table and couch and make sure there is as little touching to the table or the couch (and then balance a second fan so that it keeps the air running under the computer). Otherwise, I think my computer would turn off within 20 minutes... I'm not sure if this is safe...