Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do get a Sim to ask you to move in?

So, my Sim's house can't handle a family. And I plan on her marrying Simis Bachelor in Sunset Valley. The thing is, he's rich. Now, way back when, my Sim was actually asked to move in my a Sim that I didn't control. I'm not sure what I did for that to happen, but I want my Sim to move into Simis Bachelor's house because he's rich and all that. xD Is there any way for my Sim to move into his house, rather than he move into mine?

Comments

• Options
    AyriaMAyriaM Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2012
    Ha! Good question...I don't think they give you an option for an NPC to ask you to move in...I guess you could always move her in using Edit town (merge). lolol

Very good question...bookmarking just to see if anyone has an answer lol
  • Options
    TillyTaeTillyTae Posts: 51
    edited July 2012
    When you get married an option on screen comes up for the house hold you wish to continue marries life in - either your on or theres x
  • Options
    sadielover123sadielover123 Posts: 498 New Member
    edited July 2012
    AyriaM wrote:
    Ha! Good question...I don't think they give you an option for an NPC to ask you to move in...I guess you could always move her in using Edit town (merge). lolol

Very good question...bookmarking just to see if anyone has an answer lol
    ^That is the only answer I know of..but there might be a mod that does it..
  • Options
    Samcharles74Samcharles74 Posts: 257 Member
    edited July 2012
    Actually this can happen but you cannot directly initiate the action.

I don't know if this will make a difference but at the time my sim was dating the sim he was using friendly actions on.

Here's how I did it.
    I kept talking to another sim using friendly options until I saw the option to ask them to move in with my sim. I then stopped doing actions and let the sims do automated actions. The next action that happened was be asked to move in.
    It could be I was lucky the action happened right after I let them do automated actions. I imagine sometimes you may have to wait through a few other actions before the be asked to move in action happens.

I can't remember at that point if I had to respond positively or the move in option screen popped up. However I was able to move in with the sim that asked me and choose whether her roommates stayed as well. The move in screen came up with the option to move in with the sim rather than her moving in with my sim.
  • Options
    BuffyspikerBuffyspiker Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited July 2012
    Having a sim you don't control ask your sim to move in is a random chance thing. It doesn't happen for every sim, and there's not really anything you can do to encourage it.

I've had it happen a few times, but unfortunately it seems to happen when I least want it to. :?
    On one occasion I had a stylist sim who got a job making over her boyfriend's room mate. I didn't even realise it was his house when she first arrived there, until he walked out of the door, walked up to her and straight away asked her to move in without any other interaction. So she definitely didn't do anything to initiate it.
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited July 2012
    When a sim ask you to move in and you decide to decline the offer, as the relationship does drop as accepting it does feel like a reversal of you living w/ that sim.
  • Options
    Gatorade3Gatorade3 Posts: 4,093 Member
    edited July 2012
    I got asked once forever ago by Lisa Bunch. And I accepted and everything, and we were just best friends.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2012
    Here is what you do. Have your sim spend a lot of time with the townie. Have them invite them out a lot then the townie will ask your sim to move in. I've had this happen often because of spending a lot of time with the townie.

It's more likely to occur if you hang out with them everyday.
  • Options
    Gatorade3Gatorade3 Posts: 4,093 Member
    edited July 2012
    Here is what you do. Have your sim spend a lot of time with the townie. Have them invite them out a lot then the townie will ask your sim to move in. I've had this happen often because of spending a lot of time with the townie.

It's more likely to occur if you hang out with them everyday.
    I tried this when I was attempting to get my Sims to marry. Well, she became a late Adult and they still wouldn't marry! So what I did was make her get pregnant and it still never worked o.o They were on their tenth date together when she had their son. She had two more and he died as an elder before proposing -_-
  • Options
    microsoft2007microsoft2007 Posts: 95
    edited January 2013
    One way under friendly ask to move in
    Edit town bachelor household find him split household or merge your sim
    In
  • Options
    shadowkitty123shadowkitty123 Posts: 163
    edited January 2013
    I think the only way to get that to happen is to simply become veeeeeeerrrrryyyyy close with the sim you want to move in with. I've only had an NPC as my sim to move in ONCE, so it may be a while.
  • Options
    Rabid47Rabid47 Posts: 625 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Phew..... shameless gold-digger alert !!! :P

Depends how you plan to move in...... friendly, or romantically ?

If friendly, spend as much time as you can at his house... ask to stay over, but sleep on the sofa.

If romantically, make sure he isnt married, and has got a double bed, or at least a spare single.

You might get lucky, but it's not 100% certain this will work.

If all else fails, knock up a potion, drug him, store him in the garage,remove the doors, and just move in.

Go get him !!!

R47 :wink: :thumbup:
  • Options
    RensisYehudaRensisYehuda Posts: 2 New Member
    Is it possible to have tragic clow in my family ? I have resurrect him and made him to be my roommate but i cant make him move in to the house.. Is there any way to make him move in?
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    edited December 2016
    There is a mod that increases the chance of a sim asking you to move in. I don't remember now where I got it. If I can find it, I will edit this post and provide a link. With it, I'm asked all the time, but usually it's when I know most of a sims traits and the relationship bar is at least 2/3 full.

Update:
    It's on this page. simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/258-mods-for-the-sims-3/&page=2 You will need to register before hand, but it's free. It increases the chance for them to ask by 50% and no relationship loss if you say no. It's typically a 1% chance of them asking you.
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    I just recently started playing the sims again after a lengthy hiatus. I've noticed with several sims that once their relationship is all the way full, they have the option to propose but not to ask the sim to move in. This option does still exist, right?? Any tips on getting it to appear would be appreciated!
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    @jordand you have to do a bunch of friendly interactions in a row before the option shows up. I also think you have to be at least friends with them and know a certain number of traits, though I'm not certain of them. But perform friendly interactions until it shows up. Romantic interactions do not count.
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @mmoblitz, I didn't remember romantic interactions not counting. Maybe it's the number of traits throwing it off
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    jordand wrote: »
    @mmoblitz, I didn't remember romantic interactions not counting. Maybe it's the number of traits throwing it off

Ask to move in is a friendly interaction. You have to to friendly actions to get it to come up. I always ask them a couple questions first (ask school, ask career, etc), and I'm thinking it has to do with "short term context"-STC- (as I've just recently learned it's called, it's that information box in the upper left corner) being somewhere along the lines of "Sim A thinks Sims B is being very friendly" (not sure of the exact wording, as I don't notice the friendly ones).

Just queue up friendly interactions and it'll pop up soon. Just remember, if you are doing friendly interactions and then pop over for one romantic or funny interaction, all your work on friendly (for the STC) is now reset and it'll take longer for the option to pop up.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    In answer to @RensisYehuda's question, you cannot ask a roommate to move in or have them join your household in any way while they are a roommate. They have to be dismissed as a roommate first, which makes them homeless, and then catch them before they disappear off the map to hibernate on you again as homeless sims tend to do.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net