Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deja Vu - chocolate fountain

Last night I was fooling around with Romanza making a HS wedding chapel and griped to my sweet husband that it was too bad there wasn't a real chocolate fountain in the game. I said, "This one is really pretty, but it's just decorative. It'd be so much more fun if it were really usable."

And now I see the Cirque set.

I'm very excited about this set for more than just the fountain though! This set takes my breath away, it's so beautifully done. Whoever is responsible for this set deserves a pat on the back and a flammable liquid treat of his/her choice.

Comments

• beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited July 2012
    ivinian wrote:
    Last night I was fooling around with Romanza making a HS wedding chapel and griped to my sweet husband that it was too bad there wasn't a real chocolate fountain in the game. I said, "This one is really pretty, but it's just decorative. It'd be so much more fun if it were really usable."

I'm very excited about this set for more than just the fountain though! This set takes my breath away, it's so beautifully done. Whoever is responsible for this set deserves a pat on the back and a flammable liquid treat of his/her choice.

I thought there was a chocolate fountain... :? http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:22715&categoryId=11509&scategoryId=11531&pcategoryId=11525

Hmm... I guess the new one is actually REAL. Whoops.
  • thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited July 2012
    ivinian wrote:

I thought there was a chocolate fountain... :? http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:22715&categoryId=11509&scategoryId=11531&pcategoryId=11525

Hmm... I guess the new one is actually REAL. Whoops.
    Yeah, by real this person means functional :wink:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2012
    I know I just love this fun new set. Circus o lay here I come!!!!! Now if we could get a few carnivale rides, some game booths and some circus animals - I'll be in like flint!!!!

I am defintely building a Sweet Treats shop now - a community lot with the ice cream maker and this fountain and use my sweet treats decor stuff. Oh yeah - sim kids in the candy shoppe place - here I come!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ChellyMadockChellyMadock Posts: 356 Member
    edited July 2012
    I wonder if it would be possible to make the old fountain functional too? I don't think the store would do it, but if it is possible could a modder do it?
    (I imagine if it is possible you would have to own the new fountain too)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2012
    Actually the old fountain is just a statue and has no kind of animation, so I would say no, it wouldn't really work even if you had the fountain as you can not make a solid object flow - at most it would distort I would think even trying to apply such animation to it - besides there is the copyright laws to consider - and EA may not look kindly on that kind of infringing. Would you really want to buck up against a multi billion dollar company to use their animation in a statue anyway. I don't think modders would be that dumb.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited July 2012
    As long as you didn't use the actual art EA used, and drew your own fountain, I reckon you could do whatever you wanted mod-wise. It's not like there are a thousand different kinds of chocolate fountain--they all seem like they look about alike to me. :)

It was such a shame the original Romanza one was purely a statue, but it's still very pretty--I used it and the new one in a wedding lot I just did.

Cottage_chocolate2.jpg
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited July 2012
    My Sweet Treats candy shop is almost complete. I love how we have the ice cream maker, fryer, and now the chocolate fountain.

Now if we could get vending machines or a cotton candy item... that would be amazing.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited July 2012
    I would really like a popcorn cart like we have in Sims 1, too.