Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to hide these effects?

hidethese.jpg

Anyone know of a way to hide these effects?

I keep trying to google for a mod that will do it, but I don't even know what to call them (the cyan halo thingy, the heart halo thingy, the sparkly smiley face photo thingy).
9d9hOnJ.png

Comments

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited July 2012
    open the cheatbox and type in

hideHeadlineEffects on

I know that hides the thought and talk bubbles but not sure if it hides those as well but worth a try maybe
  • asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited July 2012
    'hideHeadlineEffects on' won't hide the little memory things (I'm pretty sure). Maybe a no memories mod will? I never group up so I can't comment on the date/regular group plumbobs.
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2012
    There might be something for that in moviemakercheatsenabled, but I'm not sure.
  • tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited July 2012
    If you have master controller, in the settings you can turn memories off (: I haven't seen that little memory thing in so long it took me awhile to realize what it was haha.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited July 2012
    If you have master controller, in the settings you can turn memories off (: I haven't seen that little memory thing in so long it took me awhile to realize what it was haha.
    Ahhh, thanks! I should have known the solution would be in a Twallan mod, lol. :mrgreen:
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited July 2012
    There is one called "Tiny Texture Replacers" at ModTheSims that gets rid of some of that stuff too
  • instantmagicinstantmagic Posts: 36 Member
    edited July 2012
    If EA was smart, I'm not saying they aren't. They'd hire Twallen and make his mods legal. It makes the whole game a lot more fun to play.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited July 2012
    NRowe wrote:
    There is one called "Tiny Texture Replacers" at ModTheSims that gets rid of some of that stuff too
    Awesome! That one doesn't get rid of the group/date effects, but it does combine a lot of separate mods I'm using right now. Definitely downloading this. :)
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, a lot of HP's tiny texture replacers are awesome, in general.

As for EA hiring Twallan, it would be a good idea on their part since he obviously has the talent to fix their blunders, but it would be bad for the community in the long run. His stuff would end up blunted and dumbed down to make it "safe." :roll:
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited July 2012
    You can try this mod as well. I have this (as well as Twallan's mods--doesn't seem to be a conflict) and I LOVE it!
    It gets rid of the memory thing...
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/446281
    eOI9EQ4.gif