Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Should I Purchase With Simpoints?

Hello everyone! I purchased simpoints in order to get Lucky Palms, which is beautiful. I have left over points and was wondering what people recommend. What do you think I should get? I was looking at the deep fryer and such. That looks fun but there is much to choose from. Would love any suggestions.

Comments

• chocchipnikchocchipnik Posts: 735 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi, I just browse through some of the sets and look for stuff I fancy I never have one set scene that i play lol, although a lot of good ones are on daily deal at the moment, there are a few premium items I have on my wishlist which luckily are in daily deals coming up soon, look here for the current known list of deals that are rotating
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/536207.page

for example the sleeper which is 400 sim points normally is available with the contemporary set which hopefully is the next one up will be 346 for that I get the chair and a furniture set, the 1 hour long cycles should be coming up.
    Lucky enough to have had many generous friends so I own the Sims 3 store.

I can normally be found lurking more now or in my bunker watching ads and attempting to kill wishlists :D
    I now have a sim story blog! It begins here https://chocchipniksimsblog.wordpress.com/current-story/getting-started/
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited July 2012
    That's a good idea, chocchipnik. Thank you for responding!
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited July 2012
    Yep. Keeping an eye on the daily deal is the best advice.

If you want better images of some of the stuff, much of it is on my site. There are other sites as well that have helpful images.

It's easier to make up your mind that way.
  • LemonpawzLemonpawz Posts: 919 Member
    edited July 2012
    I grabbed recently the May 2012 set off the DD rotation (half off and includes the multitab so it was a great deal) and some of the single items. Waiting for them to come around again because I missed some singles last time. The Make a Wish compilation also has a lot of items and is well discounted until the 19th.

I love the fryer and ice cream maker too but I'm waiting for a sale. I've seen multiple people say they can't play without them but I couldn't pass up all the sales :p
  • chocchipnikchocchipnik Posts: 735 Member
    edited July 2012
    Lemonpawz wrote:
    I love the fryer and ice cream maker too but I'm waiting for a sale. I've seen multiple people say they can't play without them but I couldn't pass up all the sales :p

lol I would love those 2 too, Im slowly going through the store and now my wish list is getting too long think I might need a lottery win jsut to be able to get a few of them lol
    Lucky enough to have had many generous friends so I own the Sims 3 store.

I can normally be found lurking more now or in my bunker watching ads and attempting to kill wishlists :D
    I now have a sim story blog! It begins here https://chocchipniksimsblog.wordpress.com/current-story/getting-started/
  • LemonpawzLemonpawz Posts: 919 Member
    edited July 2012
    Lemonpawz wrote:

lol I would love those 2 too, Im slowly going through the store and now my wish list is getting too long think I might need a lottery win jsut to be able to get a few of them lol

I know right LOL I really want Make a Wish so I'll probably buy more points. There's too many deals right now :/ haha
    edited July 2012
    Thank you so much everyone for responding! MrHawk, I will go to your site to check out the images-thank you for the suggestion! Lemonpawz-I have had my eye on the ice cream maker and the deep fryer for awhile now...It looks pretty cool! Thanks for taking the time to respond to me, it's much appreciated.

MrHawk-I just went through your studio-your creations are beautiful-you're very talented. I always appreciate those with talent who share with others. Thank you.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MisskaozMisskaoz Posts: 152 New Member
    edited July 2012
    If people have gifted you before you could return the favor and gift them something off their wishlist. This is just what I would do. If not I would buy the deep fryer, I think that is in my top 5, IDK Y I just love it. If you plan on having big families you could get the Baby Swing, that would make raising kids significantly easier.
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited July 2012
    I am keeping a watch for the daily deal too. I want the Contemporary Set (the one with the foot massager). Mr. Hawk's site is a huge help! Love his collection files.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited July 2012
    See the thread:http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/536207.page Esp the parts about getting some of the sets in store (you actually have to be in buy mode then click on the gold boxes). I found the Provence Set and Technophobe No More great deals (and bought them of course :twisted: ) I do think the Make a Wish compilation is a pretty good deal (and it comes with items from BOTH Fair Furnishings and Once Upon a Time).

I've also gone what Misskoaz has said and gifted random people as well (because it made me feel good to do so)

I don't have as much of the "premium content" but if you plan on having sim children, the swing is probably one of the more awesome things thee is! (BTW, it's only ever worked for me if the swing is turned on, but even then it's AWESOME!) I'd probably get this before the fryer...

Hope this helps...take care!
    edited July 2012
    That's a sweet idea, Misskaoz. I will keep that in mind. Cherid87120-a foot massager?!? I didn't even know about that...I think I need that as well. You're right about MrHawk-amazing creations. Thanks for the replies!