Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I use EA Cash/Game Cards to Preorder SN from Origin? Gurus PLEASE?

I've just spent 2 hours searching Origin's "Help/FAQ/Contact Us". There was no info on this anywhere, and the contact us option is greyed out, so they can't be contacted, and I don't know where else to ask.

I'm being laid off, and I won't have the money in September to buy SN. I thought I'd try buying EA Cash Cards (or Game Cards) for my EA/Origin Account now, while I can. Then when SN is ready to ship, Origin would charge the game to my EA/Origin account instead of a credit card. (letting me "Pay" for the game in full now.)

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Can I preorder a game using EA/Origin Credits? I don't want to buy the cards if that won't work. I'll just buy a Best Buy gift card & miss out on the Decor pack if that's the case.

Thanks for any help on this!

Comments

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited July 2012
    I was unable to do that I tried just this Wednesday, and I was told that I cannot pre-order anything with the cards. I guess what you have to do is wait for it to come out and order it with the cards then, and I am not sure that you can do that even as the guy was not clear (I think that the language barrier stops them from being clear) and I just put them on my account and I purchased simpoints with some, as I did not want to fight with them anymore as the cards say GAMES, but, I guess you can't. Put them on your account and see what happens when the game comes out.
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Thank you so much for answering. I can't get anyone at EA or Origin to help. Now I know not to try, so thanks!