Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Classic Car for Pre-Orders

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    XendoshiXendoshi Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok this is an update:

For all you who Pre-ordered online from Gamestop:

Check your Email. I just now got an email
    Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering The Sims 3 Collector’s Edition. Now you can give your Sims an exclusive vintage sports car and visit the town center, neighbors, and more!

To download your vintage sports car:

1. First, install your game.

2. Register with Community if you haven’t already. Go to www.thesims3.com/register in your browser or click the SIGN UP NOW button on the Game Launcher.

3. Go to www.thesims3.com/preorder in your browser and enter the code printed below.

Enter this code to download the vintage car: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX,

4. Click SUBMIT and follow the onscreen instructions to download the car to Game Launcher. Select the car in the downloads tab and install.

Now you're ready to play!

Thank you,
    GameStop Customer Service

Ok so might not have the poster, but at least I have the car!!
    I feel better now. Although having the poster would help.. except I am in Riverveiw or where ever heh.

EDIT: *chuckle* this plumbob drive is already coming in handy. putting my cars and the down loadable town onto it!!
  • Options
    RinzeiRinzei Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I pre-ordered from Gamestop too, and I forgot all about the classic car! I figured the poster would be in the box but when I got home I noticed it wasn't, so I have to see if I can pick that up. Just as I was reading this thread, however, I got an e-mail from Gamestop with a code to download the vintage car, so if you ordered from them I suggest you check your e-mail now =]

My suggestion for those that did not have to enter an e-mail address into pre-order (that wasn't implemented until a few months ago, so if you pre-ordered it beforehand, they might not have your e-mail) is to go to your GameStop and tell them you've heard the code was supposed to be e-mail to you - if they can't tell you anything, ask them to call GameStop's Headquarters and/or Customer Service. Someone there should know how to get you your code. If this is a big enough issue to GameStop, there won't be an e-mail out about it to the stores until tomorrow, at the earliest.
  • Options
    JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Speaking of cars don't forget to download your free pirus

http://store.thesims3.com/prius.html

Nifty!
  • Options
    Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited June 2009
    So I called GameStop's 800 number, and they too said they didn't know anything about it. They're prettymuch telling me it's something I have to work out with EA.

At this point, I have sent an email to EA's support about it. Just gonna wait and see what they have to say now.
  • Options
    LinaAnthonyLinaAnthony Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I got an email too!! Thanks for telling us, I never would have checked as it ended up in my junk mail!

GameStop just redeemed themselves. =)
  • Options
    JaNi83179JaNi83179 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I preordered and did not get the poster, the classic car, and not sure if the free town downloaded properly. I'm trying to stay possitive, but did I take a vacation day for this?
  • Options
    simbiant4simbiant4 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Got the preorder also, got the case from EB games. Have a code to download the vintage car BUT it says "must be redeemed by April 15, 2009" and of course that was the original release date. Tried to goto the address it says on the card (www.thesims3.com/preorder) but got a 404 error. Tried to use code before April 15th of course it did not work. I have a feeling the vintage car is just a memory now...

EDIT!!!! site works.....odd, getting car now :D
  • Options
    firedusoleilfiredusoleil Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just got the same email from gamestop to download the car and then the link didn't work... after a few seconds the link worked and we're golden! Vintage Car is mine however no Poster in sight still :(
  • Options
    simbiant4simbiant4 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Poster isn't that big a deal, doesn't show that much on it, just a "greetings from sunset valley", I'll post a link to a picture I took of it and on the back it just has a few names of the residents, there is one important family missing....care to guess?
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2009
    I wish I could have downloaded the classic car today, but amazon.com will be sending their customers the download code for it within 10 days.
  • Options
    AngelzAngelz Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've got the european styled sports car in the actual sims 3 dvd case you got when you buy it, and the vintage car is in the preorder card with the sims 2 expansion pack download :)
    happy with the game so far cuz im not experiencing as many problems as i see in the forums except that i cant download riverview too :(
    but it's still fun :D