Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Classic Car for Pre-Orders

I pre-ordered The Sims 3 Collector's edition a while ago because of that beautiful, blue classic car I saw advertised. Now I have the game, and the exclusive European Style car that comes with the collector's edition, but I don't seem to have the blue car? I asked the guy at Gamestop about it and he said the only thing they got to give pre-orders was this poster with some music downloads. What happened to the extra car?

Comments

• txbookworm2003txbookworm2003 Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2009
    When I preordered from Gamestop, they gave me a DVD case. In the DVD case was the poster, stickers and a flyer for the blue car preorder. On the flyer was the code for the blue car. Did you not get the DVD case?
  • Azrael13790Azrael13790 Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2009
    I bought the Collector's Edition as a preorder. I got the DVD case inside the CE box. I too did not receive any info about the classic car nor did I get the poster. I did get my CE items just not the preorder items.
  • XendoshiXendoshi Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I hear you

I just got my game and I am kinda P.O.
    Not only did we not get the classic car we did not receive the
    Sims 3 Neighborhood Poster with locations and key families.

In fact this is a email from ea about both.

I wrote

this is in regard to the Special Bonus one gets via Pre-Order.
    On www.thesims3.com it says:
    Pre-Order Now and Receive as a Special Bonus:

* Vintage Sports Car download
    * The Sims 3 Neighborhood Poster with locations and key families

I am wanting to know, Will this be in the Sims 3 Game case?
    I Pre-Ordered online using Gamestop and I am just wanting to know how I will
    be able to receive special bonus listed above!

Thanks!

Then they wrote back
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I understand that you want to know about the special downloads. Since you have pre-ordered the game, all this will include in the package which you will receive at the time of game release. After that, you will be able to use the special items. If you have any other issues then please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

EA Rep Jovi
    Player Relations
    Electronic Arts

So did they do a little false advertising or what?
    I wrote Gamestop with the same email copy&paste and they said the exact same thing... so now what do we do!
  • txbookworm2003txbookworm2003 Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2009
    The DVD case I'm talking about is different from the one you got with the CE box. This case actually looks like some thing they put up on the wall to show that the game was coming out. In fact, along the top of the front it says preorder now. I got this case back in Dec. when my bf preorder the game for me. I wish I had a camera to show y'all what it looks like...
  • Chu_MiChu_Mi Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hello everybody. I too bought the collector edition for the vintage car and it looks like I got all the stuff in my preorder but I got two codes one for the vintage car which I want and the euro car that I don't want. However the site for the vintage car is no good and the site for the euro car takes me to the buy the game page. Can anybody tell me what I'm missing cuz I'm sure it's me. Oh yeah sorry for no pic yet worried about the other stuff 1st.
  • FuturisticSims3FuturisticSims3 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hello all where is the car to download I have 2 cause I pre-oredered collectors and where are the cars anyone knows the right links? thank you :wink:
  • bubbles56925bubbles56925 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I preordered my game from Gamestop. I only recieved the european car and the music poster and download. I didn't recieve a code for the blue car or the neighborhood poster. One of the main reasons why I wanted the collectors edition was for that poster!
  • Stacyg548Stacyg548 Posts: 147 Member
    edited June 2009
    I pre-ordered the collectors edition as well from game-stop and i didnt get the blue car download or the poster i checked the box 2 times!
  • Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited June 2009
    When I preordered from Gamestop, they gave me a DVD case. In the DVD case was the poster, stickers and a flyer for the blue car preorder. On the flyer was the code for the blue car. Did you not get the DVD case?

I received a DVD case with my pre-order, but all it had in it was a poster and some stickers. No flyer with instructions on getting the blue car. Just the flyer and stickers.

I'm guessing it's time to send an email to EA games.
  • LinaAnthonyLinaAnthony Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I just came on here searching for answers to this question as well. At least I'm not the only one irked about this.

ALSO- the CE advertised "Prima Tips and Hints Guide" but all they included was a 25% off code towards the purchase of the guide. I spent 20 extra bucks for THAT??? Excuse me, but NO! I really did not need a USB that is too large to carry in my pocket.. I wanted the guide!! But now I have to pay extra! So stupid.
  • kristhegameguykristhegameguy Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I came on here to ask about the same thing, I pre-ordered from the EA store and didn't get it either. I was expecting that old car and the poster.
  • BattsknoxBattsknox Posts: 1,133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I completely forgot about this, until reading this, and YES I kept my preorder case with all my other sims cases, and sure enough, the code for the classic car was there. And completely forgot about the poster map thing. IIf you preordered the Collector's Edition, you should have received this WHEN you preordered. I did in January.
    Good Luck all and thanks for reminding me :mrgreen:
  • kristhegameguykristhegameguy Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I didn't get A THING when I pre-ordered in January. I expected it all to come now, with the game.
  • firedusoleilfiredusoleil Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've been having the same problem, I pre-ordered from the Gamestop website and I didn't seem to get my Sims 3 poster or my vintage sports car download, all I got was some stickers and that music poster/download. Kinda ****** off about it because I really wanted the poster.

Also, I believe we were supposed to get a free twon once we registered along with $10 worth of SimPoints. I got the Simspoints, but no free town. :( Very disappointed
  • katenigma00katenigma00 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Best Buy was giving out the preorder cases too. I wonder where mine is now..
  • XendoshiXendoshi Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So, What should we do about it?
    I Pre-Ordered mine online. And as posted before
    was told both by EA & Gamestop it would be IN my game box.

Someone messed up somewhere or we got lied to. If we did get lied to,
    that falls under false advertising.

Also Where does one put in the code for the Euro car download?
    I did what it said to do, but no go, just gives the option to "Buy" the game.
  • yamsi3567yamsi3567 Posts: 319 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Folks,

Once you register your game, click on where it says your number of points in the upper left hand corner (probably says 0 points). It will ask you to log in again, and then it will thank you for registering the game and the 0 points will be replaced by 1000 points. That's what happened to me anyway.

I pre-ordered from EBGames, and frankly I did not care about the music downloads that much. I never saw anything about a classic car just the Euro car.

I'm LOVING the game so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamsi3567
  • RinzeiRinzei Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, GameStop/EBGames did have those Pre-Order for the blue cars. The problem? Those pre-orders were given to GameStop to be passed out back before the release date had been changed to June. So they've been sitting around the store for 6+ months.

So they were either:
    A) all passed out (usually once a pre-order is gone, the stores don't get anymore. It's a "While supplies last" thing)
    B) They were mistakenly given to anyone who pre-ordered the Sims - Sims 3 Regular and Collector's alike
    C) They've been lost somewhere in the cabinets/back/drawers/wherever because of how long it's been since they've had them.
    edited June 2009
    The Prima Hints & Tips Guide is not a gigantic book like the actual Prima guide. It is a small, six-page leaflet that will be inside your Sims 3 collector's case. I was expecting something a little more as well, so I'm a bit disappointed there.

The European car code should have been a flyer inside the collector's edition DVD case. Rifle through your papers, because if you didn't get one, you definitely need to contact EA about that. I did get that car at least, just not the blue one that I wanted.

Inside the Pre-Order DVD, I was told to expect a music poster, instructions on downloading some songs, and the flyer for the blue car. I have a poster of a male Sim with instructions on the bottom for downloading music, but no car. Just more of those stickers I've already plastered all over my computer.

I could have sworn there was also supposed to be a poster of the town in the collector's edition, but the box doesn't say anything about it. Maybe they decided against that later on.

Oh, and as for the free town, you should be able to get that from the Sims 3 Store after you've registered. I haven't downloaded it yet, but I saw a link to it when I went to the store earlier.
  • RinzeiRinzei Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Inside the Pre-Order DVD, I was told to expect a music poster, instructions on downloading some songs, and the flyer for the blue car. I have a poster of a male Sim with instructions on the bottom for downloading music, but no car. Just more of those stickers I've already plastered all over my computer.

The Pre-Order DVD Box you got is one that everyone that pre-orders, regular or collectors, gets. There was another one that was distributed a long time ago to the stores that had the blue car on the front specifically for CE orders.
  • BobbyIsraelBobbyIsrael Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Speaking of cars don't forget to download your free pirus

http://store.thesims3.com/prius.html
  • SimGuru_IsledyrSimGuru_Isledyr Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hi Simmers,

Depending on where you pre-ordered will change who you need to contact. It sounds like most came from Game Stop. They should have provided the pre-order goodies at the store. I would suggest contacting the particular location you pre-ordered at in order to receive the items.

-Issy-
  • firedusoleilfiredusoleil Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey all, if any of you had a problem finding your free neighborhood to download after you redeemed your simpoints here is the link:

http://store.thesims3.com/riverview.html?intcmp=eaint101#
    edited June 2009
    Hi Simmers,

Depending on where you pre-ordered will change who you need to contact. It sounds like most came from Game Stop. They should have provided the pre-order goodies at the store. I would suggest contacting the particular location you pre-ordered at in order to receive the items.

-Issy-

I contacted my local Game Stop, and they said they didn't find anything like that. They have no idea what I'm talking about when I describe this item; all they know about is the DVD package, which they assume the car flyer should have been in.
  • amycooper91amycooper91 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I pre-ordered from Gamestop too, and I forgot all about the classic car! I figured the poster would be in the box but when I got home I noticed it wasn't, so I have to see if I can pick that up. Just as I was reading this thread, however, I got an e-mail from Gamestop with a code to download the vintage car, so if you ordered from them I suggest you check your e-mail now =]