Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue Moon Bungalow Remodel Contest!! Winners posted on 1st page!!

ยซ13456
I have another sims family that I have been playing with and they live in the blue moon bungalow. I remodeled it and added a bathroom for the master's bedroom, made the kitchen a little bigger and added a laundry room. I also redecorated the whole inside. But my sims lady went on her honeymoon to France and came back with a nectary machine and wants to put it in her favorite house. This is where you guys come in. I would like for you, if you decide to accept the challenge, to download the remodeled one from my studio and add on to it. The things I would like added are as follows:

A Basement
A pond
Landscaping/flowers, pool area and bbq area
A nursery on the first floor
Move the garage over to the front/side of the house (if possible, not sure how possible it would be to add it so it will be connected to the house, if not just on the side would be fine, I guess if you wanted to, you could just rebuild the garage and turn the garage into a barn, but thats not necessary, they dont have a horse, yet :wink:)
You can leave all of the rooms that are already decorated and just decorate the new rooms
Basically the rules are if its already there, leave it alone, with the exception of the garage (it drives me crazy in the backyard...)

Ok, so im pretty sure thats it, if I missed anything Im sure you will remind me :wink: Now for the boring rules:

No CC, but you can use patterns
Can include any SP's or EP's
Can use any store items
Any lot
Commonly used building cheats are allowed
You can enter more than once, but you can only place once

Prizes:
1st Place-1000
2nd place-500
3rd place-300

Deadline:
All entries must be in by August 5, 2012

Completed Entry Form
Name
House Name
Download link
Description
Pictures

Judging Criteria
Entry form-5
Basement added-5
Pond added-5
Nursery added-5
Garage moved-5
Landscaping-10
"Wow" Factor-5
Description-5
Pictures-5
Total Possible Points-50

OK, I think that is everything; judges and sponsors are welcome, but not necessary. I really love this house, I just don't know how to add a basement and Im not very good at making ponds look good. If you have any questions please ask. Have fun and enjoy!!

Comments

• bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2012
    Winners!!

It was a very hard decision, the houses were all so awesome!! I want to thank you guys very much for entering you all did an amazing job! :mrgreen: Indie ***** and Kioukami, I guess I should have reminded you to make sure you fill out the entry form, not sure why I didn't, but you did lose alot of points because you guys didn't fill it out, you didn't have a description of the lot and what you did and you also didn't post any pictures. I really feel bad because I didn't tell you since this was your first contest, but I thought it was in the directions on the first page...Anyway your houses were really good, just needed the form, pictures and a description. Now with that being said it is time to announce the winners!!

Drumroll.jpg

Drumroll.gif

Winners are:
    1st place-Kayzeegrl (1000) Gifted :mrgreen:
    2nd place- Faith (500)
    3rd place- Maria loves alex (300) Gifted :lol:

Honorable mention: SeriphinaGyie- 200 Points 3/4 Gifted :lol:

Indie *****, Kioukami, Ashaela (Gifted) :wink:, and Chelley- 100 points

Ill give you a couple of days to decide what you want and if you don't post by Sunday evening, ill just pick something off of your wishlist :twisted: Thanks everyone for entering and stay tuned for another contest..Im thinking about a central park for my next one...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited July 2012
    Sounds like fun. Sign me up.

I'll try not to forget about this one until the last minute :)
  • rachel_jls360rachel_jls360 Posts: 922 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I'll have a go at this. One question though, I'm guessing the basement is for the nectar machine?
  • BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited July 2012
    I will be lurking, entering, not so much, Apple and Sims don't mix! :(
    edited July 2012
    I'll have a go at this. One question though, I'm guessing the basement is for the nectar machine?

Yes it is, lol
  • BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited July 2012

lol! We all know bandcamp and her nectar!! :lol::mrgreen:
    edited July 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:

lol! We all know bandcamp and her nectar!! :lol::mrgreen:

dont know why I like it so much, lol :roll: I wish they would get more recipes and harvestables and hey maybe watch trees and flowers grow. Wouldn't it be awesome to have your kids plant a tree, and then when they are an adult the tree is taller???? :mrgreen::mrgreen: :shock:
    edited July 2012

Yes it is, lol

Okay, 'cause I have an idea for how to decorate the basement. I'll try and make it clear where the space for the nectar machine is :lol: One more thicko question which is probably pretty obvious to everyone except me; there's no CC in the house so far, right?
    edited July 2012
    ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, I can't download the house because I don't have any of the SPs that were listed :( What d'you think I should do? I really want to enter this but I don't want to cause hassle with the redecorating or putting the SP stuff back in place...
  • cntrlswthartcntrlswthart Posts: 350 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I love remodel contest! Count me in! I already added the house to my game. :mrgreen:
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited July 2012
    ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, I can't download the house because I don't have any of the SPs that were listed :( What d'you think I should do? I really want to enter this but I don't want to cause hassle with the redecorating or putting the SP stuff back in place...

This usually just means that any sp/ep content on the lot will convert to base game objects when you install it but the house walls etc will remain the same (maybe with different doors and windows. If its blocking your download try using save file and install it from where you have saved it on your computer.

Otherwise, unless the OP puts up a copy that only has base game objects in it you are probably out of luck.
    edited July 2012
    stormwench wrote:

This usually just means that any sp/ep content on the lot will convert to base game objects when you install it but the house walls etc will remain the same (maybe with different doors and windows. If its blocking your download try using save file and install it from where you have saved it on your computer.

Otherwise, unless the OP puts up a copy that only has base game objects in it you are probably out of luck.

I'll just download it and explain that stuff has been converted to base game. EPs aren't a problem when it comes to downloading stuff because I own all of them but it's just stuff packs. I'll give it a shot, likes...
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited July 2012
    If my PC decides to start working again I'd like enter :mrgreen: bookmarked
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
    edited July 2012

Yes it is, lol

Okay, 'cause I have an idea for how to decorate the basement. I'll try and make it clear where the space for the nectar machine is :lol: One more thicko question which is probably pretty obvious to everyone except me; there's no CC in the house so far, right?

No there isn't any CC in the house, just stuff/expansion packs and store items 8)
    edited July 2012
    stormwench wrote:

I'll just download it and explain that stuff has been converted to base game. EPs aren't a problem when it comes to downloading stuff because I own all of them but it's just stuff packs. I'll give it a shot, likes...

this is fine, i can always redecorate the house, I just wanted to make sure that contestants knew where the new walls were, so that it didn't interfere with the basement :wink:
    edited July 2012
    Good morning everyone!! Have a wonderful day!! :mrgreen:
    edited July 2012
    Just popping in to say that I should have my entry in some time today. I'm just taking a little break from the game to come on the forums and submit an entry to another build contest :)
  • CharlesTulipCharlesTulip Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm interested! :mrgreen: Sadly I don't have most of the store stuff, or EP's, or SP's either...
    So, is any redecoration of the existing house allowed? Just to make sure it looks nice :wink:
    2j0y05u.png
  • IndieSpunkIndieSpunk Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I'll give this a go :)
    edited July 2012
    I'm interested! :mrgreen: Sadly I don't have most of the store stuff, or EP's, or SP's either...
    So, is any redecoration of the existing house allowed? Just to make sure it looks nice :wink:

It will just replace the stuff with base stuff right? And then when I put it back in my game it will have what I originally had in it right?
    edited July 2012
    Good morning all!! :D
    edited July 2012
    Another question, is the nursery for a boy or a girl?
    edited July 2012

I don't know, maybe use neutral colors, green and yellow, or light blue, I can recolor after the baby is born if I want it for a specific gender.. :mrgreen:
    edited July 2012

I don't know, maybe use neutral colors, green and yellow, or light blue, I can recolor after the baby is born if I want it for a specific gender.. :mrgreen:

*sigh* I've just coloured everything pink *falls over* I'll sort it when I go on my game later.