Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

███ ADDENBROOKE, NEW BETA READY + lots of pics pg31

Comments

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited April 2013
    I see you have a new version up, but I wanted to report my findings from the beta 2. I've played with the world for a few days. From the start, I did not have any maptags when I went to select a family to play. However, just hovering over the houses let me pick one. The only bad thing is that you can't see any info about the houses. And that was pretty much it. There was one thing that I noticed, I don't remember where I was, maybe the park that is across from the city hall. I noticed a force-field looking thing on the ground and I think it was a sprinkler. I was in live mode so I should not have seen the force-field.

Other than those 2 things, I haven't had any issues. I love it, it is absolutely gorgeous.
  • Options
    ShangriiShangrii Posts: 281 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    I see you have a new version up, but I wanted to report my findings from the beta 2. I've played with the world for a few days. From the start, I did not have any maptags when I went to select a family to play. However, just hovering over the houses let me pick one. The only bad thing is that you can't see any info about the houses. And that was pretty much it. There was one thing that I noticed, I don't remember where I was, maybe the park that is across from the city hall. I noticed a force-field looking thing on the ground and I think it was a sprinkler. I was in live mode so I should not have seen the force-field.

Other than those 2 things, I haven't had any issues. I love it, it is absolutely gorgeous.
    Thank you for playing! It has something to do with caw, but nobody seems to be able to work out what does it. The new beta doesn't seem to have it any more though, so hooray!
    I think I know the sprinkler thing you mean, I'll remove it for the next beta.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited April 2013
    New beta? Yay! That definitely means one step forward towards the final release!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    purple_roses2110 Yup, once this beta is done hopefully I'll just have to do a few small tweaks and finish up the save file. c:

And now, a BAJILLION photos

screenshot44ug.jpg

screenshot32mb.jpg

screenshot31rj.jpg

screenshot30ga.jpg

screenshot29zw.jpg

screenshot28pr.jpg

screenshot35jd.jpg

screenshot37p.jpg

screenshot7fe.jpg

screenshot14un.jpg

screenshot13he.jpg

screenshot3nr.jpg

screenshot5dim.jpg

screenshot352t.jpg

screenshot36m.jpg

screenshot21ko.jpg

screenshot20zimvks.jpg

screenshot2ugg.jpg

screenshot3av.jpg

screenshot5ok.jpg

screenshot28pz.jpg

screenshot23ve.jpg

screenshot24xr.jpg

screenshot25cgr.jpg

screenshot26py.jpg

screenshot58z.jpg

screenshot20vqb.jpg

screenshot27q.jpg

screenshot34y.jpg

screenshot39x.jpg

screenshot41lm.jpg

screenshot51f.jpg

screenshot9zd.jpg

screenshot56l.jpg

screenshot52xc.jpg

screenshot522.jpg

screenshot54yj.jpg

screenshot2zp.jpg

screenshot31hk.jpg

screenshot30bah.jpg

screenshot54gs.jpg

screenshot32nu.jpg

screenshot43xv.jpg

screenshot51e.jpg

screenshot49tn.jpg

Bonus happy cat!
    screenshot6om.jpg
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited April 2013
    Is Addenbrooke bigger than Roseford Hills? Are you planning on updating Roseford?

When do you think the final version of this world will be?

Lovely job so far!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    Is Addenbrooke bigger than Roseford Hills? Are you planning on updating Roseford?

When do you think the final version of this world will be?

Lovely job so far!
    Thankyou!
    It's definitely bigger than Roseford, and is much more of a completed world that Roseford was. I'm not planning on updating Roseford. It was my first world and taught me a lot, like what not to do because it will cause an annoying glitch that you won't know how to fix! I want to spend time making new worlds, not taking ages with olds ones. When I finish Addenbrooke I will update it if it needs it however.

Hopefully the final version will be in a month or so? I want to get as many people to betatest the world as possible, so I can find all the bugs. I also need to finish all the families for the save file, and make custom weather. I start uni again on monday so it'll slow down, although there isn't really much to do now. People can help make my time easier and get it finished faster by betatesting though!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I recoloured two houses. Here are some before & afters

29509971.jpg

screenshot64t.jpg

93890698.jpg

screenshot61hh.jpg
  • Options
    MakeBelieveMakeBelieve Posts: 331 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi!
    Just wondering if this world is already populated?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hi!
    Just wondering if this world is already populated?
    No not yet, it's still in the beta stage. When the beta is completed I will have a populated save file though.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bump!
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2013
    Shangrii, don't even get me started....... :P

I absolutely loved playing in this world! It was more amazing than I ever imagined!

Ok.. what am I doing here? I can be playing in your world right now! :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @TRachet

yay! I'm glad you like it<333
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bump!

i hope people are having fun playing the beta!
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi,
    Just wanted to stop by and tell you how much i love this world.
    The terrian sculpting and painting is amazing :shock:
    I have been playing this world for a couple of days now and i love it.
    I must admit i have tweaked it a little just for personal use (hope you dont mind.)
    But i cant get over how beautiful the scenery is.. you did a wonderful job.
    Also the houses are stunning.
    Thanks for sharing this great world :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Hi,
    I must admit i have tweaked it a little just for personal use (hope you dont mind.)
    Thank you so much!

Of course I don't mind, it's great that you like it enough to tweak it a little! I wanted my world to be fun for all sorts of players so personalising it yourself is awesome. What sort of stuff did you change? (in case I should change some stuff for everyone/forgot to consider something) c:
  • Options
    DoodlesDoodles Posts: 286 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Your terrain looks so good! What textures are you using for your farm areas? Also, will you be uploading any CAW files? Any tips for making fake farms with terrain paints and plants/trees?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Doodles wrote:
    Your terrain looks so good! What textures are you using for your farm areas? Also, will you be uploading any CAW files? Any tips for making fake farms with terrain paints and plants/trees?
    I'm using recoloured EA textures, as well as some textures from
    I think this is the main farmland texture I used: http://www.cgtextures.com/
    http://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=43327&PHPSESSID=2tt7s4rko7krbt0ffkpdu0oui7
    I can't remember which dirt texture I used though

I probably won't upload caw files until it's 100% done, which will be in a few weeks.
    Making farmland is pretty easy. I would make random shapes for the fields, then fill them in with their base texture (either a grass, sand, dirt or other texture). Then I'd add some dark green ad dirt around the edges, where the hedges are. Add some random trees, maybe some rocks and things, and make sure that you paint some dirt and darkness under and around those things. Make sure when you paint that you use a very low opacity, no falloff and a small brush. Oh, for painting, add little random bits of lightness, darkness and dirty with a very small brush and stipple to add some interesting randomness.
  • Options
    DoodlesDoodles Posts: 286 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Shangrii wrote:
    Doodles wrote:
    I'm using recoloured EA textures, as well as some textures from
    I think this is the main farmland texture I used: http://www.cgtextures.com/
    http://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=43327&PHPSESSID=2tt7s4rko7krbt0ffkpdu0oui7
    I can't remember which dirt texture I used though

I probably won't upload caw files until it's 100% done, which will be in a few weeks.
    Making farmland is pretty easy. I would make random shapes for the fields, then fill them in with their base texture (either a grass, sand, dirt or other texture). Then I'd add some dark green ad dirt around the edges, where the hedges are. Add some random trees, maybe some rocks and things, and make sure that you paint some dirt and darkness under and around those things. Make sure when you paint that you use a very low opacity, no falloff and a small brush. Oh, for painting, add little random bits of lightness, darkness and dirty with a very small brush and stipple to add some interesting randomness.

Thanks! That helps a lot! Good luck on finishing your world. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited April 2013
    Shangrii wrote:
    Hi,
    Thank you so much!

Of course I don't mind, it's great that you like it enough to tweak it a little! I wanted my world to be fun for all sorts of players so personalising it yourself is awesome. What sort of stuff did you change? (in case I should change some stuff for everyone/forgot to consider something) c:

Hi,
    All i changed was made some room for store brought venues, And just removed some of the appartment type lots because it made my pc lag a bit.
    I just realised why i like the world so much..the terrain reminds me alot of the sims medieval... the colours and the woodsy areas look alot like medieval.
    the world runs great with no real lag apart from the lots i removed, but that is not a problem with the world just my pc loading textures.. i do have a expensive gaming pc but i am very impatient and do not like to wait for loading textures lol.
    my impatience is why i cant make worlds.. that and the lack of creative talent :lol:
    So thanks again for sharing i'm having a blast playing. :D
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Hi,
    All i changed was made some room for store brought venues, And just removed some of the appartment type lots because it made my pc lag a bit.
    I just realised why i like the world so much..the terrain reminds me alot of the sims medieval... the colours and the woodsy areas look alot like medieval.
    the world runs great with no real lag apart from the lots i removed, but that is not a problem with the world just my pc loading textures.. i do have a expensive gaming pc but i am very impatient and do not like to wait for loading textures lol.
    my impatience is why i cant make worlds.. that and the lack of creative talent :lol:
    So thanks again for sharing i'm having a blast playing. :D
    Ahh okay cool! Hopefully I'll have time to make some of the sore venues as extra content for my world when I release it. I didn't know that apartments caused lag /stupid For my next world I won't include any of those c:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bump!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Update!

I got rid of the ugly orange house and built this house. First time I've used a frieze/low wall in a house and it's a really awesome feature, wish I'd learnt about it before!

screenshotul.jpg

screenshot7qp.jpg

I've also gone around and changed some of the town buildings. I've got rid of a lot of windows, and added more detail to the back of some buildings to tell a story. I also changed the firestation lot a lot, cause it looked terrible before.

screenshot2xpd.jpg

screenshot3zj.jpg

screenshot4zj.jpg

screenshot6rg.jpg

If there aren't any more problems with the buildings then I can move on to just fixing various bits in caw (fixing the fences, need to add a few spirit animations to the mystical places). I also need to make some custom weather, and maybe make some other buildings that are optional to download. I want to make the uni buildings and spa from Sunlit Tides as extra buildings to download if you want those features in your game.
  • Options
    indigowormindigoworm Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Just popping in to say how much I appreciate you building this world! I've been lurking around for a while now and the world has gotten better and better every time I come to check for updates. (: The world has a really nice feel to it, I'll definitely be downloading it when it's finished!
  • Options
    lilrosaleenlilrosaleen Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2013
    This thread is a joy to visit every time.

:)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    indigoworm wrote:
    Just popping in to say how much I appreciate you building this world! I've been lurking around for a while now and the world has gotten better and better every time I come to check for updates. (: The world has a really nice feel to it, I'll definitely be downloading it when it's finished!

Thank you so much! I hope that when you get to play it Addenbrooke lives up to your expectations!
    This thread is a joy to visit every time.

:)
    Thank you!! I try to post lots of nice pics for you guys so it's interesting c: