Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi, My Name Is...The Landing Pad

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited July 2012
    How-do everyone! This is a great thread - I think introductions are a fantastic way to bring the community together.

I'm a definite lurker, but I've been playing Sims since the original one came out (does that make me old?) :-) and I've been a member of the forum since 2009.

I got tired of playing my game (had a long legacy of vampires going), so I came to check out the forum again. I enjoy interior designing (any design competitions going right now?), but I just entered my first building competition (and I've been buried in tutorials for the past two days) hosted by Skymyst. I'm finding that building, especially landscaping, is my weak point.

I love checking out everyone's work - there are some very talented people on this forum!

Glad to meet ya'll!
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've been waiting for a thread like this!! (:

Hello My name is Eunique, pronounced U-Nique :lol: I've been apart of the sims 3 community since 2010 but i didn't become active till a few weeks ago. I was always afraid to post on the forums because well i'm new so i never thought people would take an interest in me anyways :roll: But here lately i have made alot new friends! And alot of people have made me feel so welcome. I don't have alot of friends that play sims IRL and it's nice to know that there are people out there that play regularly just like I do. I never thought about posting in the Gift gathering forum because i always thought it was for the "richer" simmers and I didn't belong here. But I gave it a look and i found out that not everyone has 4829323 simpoints. Everyone is just nice and giving and i find that so fantastic. It's really good that there are good people on the forums and on the sims 3 website in general i just want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone that has made me feel welcomed to the site. :mrgreen:
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Welcome rekandtrs , nice to meet you.
  • Shawnda182Shawnda182 Posts: 129 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi everyone my name is Shawnda182 and i have been a avid sims player for years. i have been playing sims 3 for a while now but i just recently have been online and getting to know what the sims 3 website has to offer.

@rekandtrs i wanted to say thank you again for you help earlier and links to that content. I really do appreciate that.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi, I'm dementor1213. I'm newish to the gifting forum, I've been lurking around for several weeks, checking out the different threads and stuff.

I like to see people's creations for contests, plus I like to see people get gifted. I would like to gift people too, but alas, I don't get Simpoints enough for myself, let alone to give tons of awesome stuff to people, oh, that was in no way implying I'm here to get gifts or ask for them, I wouldn't turn my nose up at one, but I'm mainly here to check out people's contest creations. If they're good enough to win thousands of Simpoints for a prize, I know they've got to be good.

Have you tried the simpoint free gifting directory? There you can make a wishlist for custom builds/sims/pets or anything else. Maybe it is something for you too. There currently is a lottery promoting this directory. When you make a gift or giftlist you´ll be entered in the lottery (but you do have to make an entry form for the lottery).
  • PlateinmywayPlateinmyway Posts: 1,474 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Blythelyre wrote:
    Hi,I'm Plateinmyway,but you can call me Izzy :D I've started coming to this part of the forums only recently,and I'd like to thank you for making this thread, Blythelyre,since I'm a little shy and sometimes hesitate to participate,and I'm sure I'm not the only one :mrgreen:

Welcome Plateinmyway! What's your plate in the way of? :mrgreen:
    When I created my account,I had just seen one of my sims get stuck because there was a plate in her way...and that became my username :lol:
  • mashellestevensmashellestevens Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited July 2012
    *Stands up and clears throat*

Hello.... my name is Mashelle and I am a simaholic o.o

I have entered a few contests and been around for a little while, but I am not really well known by anyone. Probably because, as in real life, I have a hard time putting myself out there. BUT I am trying to work on that!

I have a really hard time keeping up with the constant post updates, but bare with me I am trying :P I plan on being around for a while, so I figured I would make a formal introduction :D HI!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2012
    illusie wrote:
    Hi, I'm dementor1213. I'm newish to the gifting forum, I've been lurking around for several weeks, checking out the different threads and stuff.

I like to see people's creations for contests, plus I like to see people get gifted. I would like to gift people too, but alas, I don't get Simpoints enough for myself, let alone to give tons of awesome stuff to people, oh, that was in no way implying I'm here to get gifts or ask for them, I wouldn't turn my nose up at one, but I'm mainly here to check out people's contest creations. If they're good enough to win thousands of Simpoints for a prize, I know they've got to be good.

Have you tried the simpoint free gifting directory? There you can make a wishlist for custom builds/sims/pets or anything else. Maybe it is something for you too. There currently is a lottery promoting this directory. When you make a gift or giftlist you´ll be entered in the lottery (but you do have to make an entry form for the lottery).

yup for the second part you have to... as I'm not going to hunt down those gifts... don't live in the forum,,,.... ok some days it seems I do...

WELCOME all.... come play with us...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited July 2012
    Shawnda182 wrote:
    Hi everyone my name is Shawnda182 and i have been a avid sims player for years. i have been playing sims 3 for a while now but i just recently have been online and getting to know what the sims 3 website has to offer.

@rekandtrs i wanted to say thank you again for you help earlier and links to that content. I really do appreciate that.
    No problem! (: I'm glad I helped someone.
  • BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited July 2012
    Good morning from my little slice of the world!

It is so great to see so many new faces! Welcome, welcome!! My best advice for some of you who are hesitant is to jump right in!

Don't think you have any talent at building? Do it anyway, you might not win, but you will get tons of great feedback and encouragement and you'll have something in your studio for us to wreck, ummm, I mean recommend! :mrgreen:

Did you know you get these really cool badges for recommendations? Well you can't get them unless you have something in your studio! So jump in! Same goes for creating a Sim or redecorating or remodeling.

Sometimes, there are quick little lotteries (those are my favorite), but you have to keep an eye out for those.

I think there might be one today, actually... :twisted:

Welcome again every one!
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited July 2012
    It should be really important for people to chat a bit here so we can keep this topic on the first page so anyone new coming to the forum can get a good start and let us know they are here :)
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited July 2012
    8) Hiya everyone and welcome to the craziest, friendliest, most pleasant, and overall bestest part of the forums by far ;) Gift Gathering is a place to plop down, kick up your feet and join in the fun (just make sure you have good safe hiding places to run when things start flying :evil: :mrgreen: :twisted: It's a given around here to be a bit insane, some are more than others and they know who they are muuuuuhahahahaha :evil: :mrgreen: :twisted: It's so easy to get caught up in the atmoshere here, you just have to have eyes everywhere cause you never know who is lurking in the corners ready to pounce ones wl, and one can get burried deep quickly here :evil: :mrgreen: :twisted: Take it from one who has been burried many times over and has learned that sometimes hiding doesn't even work when it comes to the big dogs around here, seems they have x-ray vision and can hit a target with insane throwing power :shock: :roll: :? :shock: :mrgreen:

Well as you can see, my name is Terry and I have been simming since the beginning back in the original sim city days, but I didn't join the online community until 2004 in lurk mode mostly and then 2005 I dove in head first and been here ever since :P :mrgreen: As for here in the GG, I mostly lurked in the beginning 2010 and once I started posting, I have been addicted :mrgreen: I have the best group of friends in the world literally and from all over the globe, can't get any better than right here in the GG :wink: Well enough of me and onto welcoming newbies ;) Anyone please feel free to send me a FR ;)If I don't have you quoted here then I don't consider you new as we are already good friends ;) Oh one more thing, I am always on the lookout for fresh meat, nothing I like more than to roast or BBQ ones wl's muuuuuhahahahaha :evil: :mrgreen: :twisted:

@Blythe....thank you for creating this thread hon, fabulous idea ;) squishy hugz

@Smash my dear friend you are far from new and we all love you to pieces ;)
    Hi I'm Pcd1love2u,
    I'm a bit new to this part of the forums. I'm a big Sims fan and I'm hoping I can meet some nice people and be friends with a few simmers.
    I love to build even though my building is terrible, but most of the time I just play. I'm enjoying my time playing in Lucky Palms and once my teen ages up I'm going to see about getting her a horse and try the riding skill since I never tried it. I love this thread everyone is so friendly.

Hiya Pcd, welcome and I hope to see you stick around, we love fresh blood around here. And never feel you aren't good enough at creating as well all started out a newbs at one time ourselves...as the saying goes, practice makes perfect ;)
    Hi, I'm Pupper_puppy You can just call me Pupper though

I've been playing sims since 2009 but i just found the forums uhh what a month ago? or something i cant remember.
    I've been entering in some contests and stuff so you might have seen me around here before, you might have not.

Anyway, thats about all. oh and thanks for making this thread

Hiya Puppers, glad to meet you :wink: Pull up a chair and relax ;)
    Hi, I'm kwizard. I just discovered the gifting forum a couple of weeks ago, but I've been in other forums a bit more. I am amazed at the generosity of the simmers in this forum, it really makes me want to be a better person.

I really enjoy the contests here, because they are just fun to enter, and it's great the to see talent that the other simmers on this forum have.

Hiya Kwiz, welcome and good to see you are enjoying yourself ;)
    Hi,I'm Plateinmyway,but you can call me Izzy I've started coming to this part of the forums only recently,and I'd like to thank you for making this thread, Blythelyre,since I'm a little shy and sometimes hesitate to participate,and I'm sure I'm not the only one

Hiya Izzy welcome aboard, don't be shy, we promise not to bit.....at least not hard :P :mrgreen:

Thank you for making this thread!
    My name is Cristie. I've been registered on the site since 2009, but recently became active in the forums in late April 2012. Sometimes I still like to lurk though.

I've played Sims 3 since it came out and I love playing in CAS. I'm working on meshing and learning to make my own CC as far as CAS goes, but that takes awhile as it's not easy. Building I would say is my weak point. I like to build, but I'm still not that great at it.

I love the GG forums and have hosted my own contest and lotto before and look forward to doing more in the future.

I'm also known as The Gifting Bunny to some of my friends. Maybe one day you'll find out why.

Hiya Christie, you are far from new to me and definitely a sneaky force to be reckoned with...thankfully I am SAFE :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Hi, I've been on here for a month or so. So still pretty new
    I've been playing since Sims 3 cam out, but didn't register my game until last year.

Hiya Emiie, welcome hon, just dive into the fun hon ;)
    Hi I'm mizzystace but you can call me Stacie . I have been a very active member of the UK forums a couple of years ago, I've only joined this forum recently. I have been a member since 2009 but have been lurking . Im very impressed by the community and how nice everyone is, and I want to be a part of it!

Hiya Stacie, welcome and glad you want to join in, hope you enjoy your stay with us ;)
    Hi there, my name is Alison. I have recently started playing Sims3 again since my bf bought me the Pets expansion. I am glad to see this new Forum! Will be reading the first couple links posted here to learn rules & stuff. Nice to meet everyone!

Hiya Ali, welcome back to sims 3 and to this amazing community, I hope you enjoy your time here with us ;)
    Hi, I used to be around about a year ago, but real life got in the way for a while, nothing serious, then there was the change to the mypage, which I really didn't like, and still don't, but at least we can filter the posts a bit now!
    So I decided it was time to join in again when my various hobbies allow me!

Hiya Mono, welcome back and nice to meet you ;)
    *waves hi*
    Hi, everyone! I'm LilyParker, but you can also call me Pauline (my real name). I got introduced to the Sims via The Sims Social on Facebook. I used my FB sim's name for my avatar. My husband never knows what to get me for Christmas, so I hinted that I was thinking of buying the Sims, and he bought me the Deluxe game + Generations. I'm completely addicted. I don't know anyone in RL that plays. I'm probably not your average simmer being that I'm middle aged. Geez, did I just say that out loud?

I went from a complete CC junkie to a fresh install. Too many problems. I've spent lots of time lurking in the forums (mostly tech). It wasn't until I poked around in the GG forum that I found the warmest, nicest people! I've entered a few contests, and they've helped me step outside my box. For the first few months, I just played and created some sims. I'm still a complete noob about a lot of things. Built & uploaded one house and have another ready to be uploaded soon. Not my strong point, but I'm learning. I'm amazed at how many truly talented builders there are!

Anyway, I've been rambling. Did I mention I like to talk? I'd love to make some new friends!!!

Hiya Pauline, welcome and nice to meet you ;) Hahaha yes you did say it, as well all read it :P Hon IDK if you realize it or not, but the majority of creators are so called middle agers and even older (me being one of them), so yes you are among the average creators my dear friend :mrgreen: You will find lots of friends and plenty of chatter hereas well my dear, lol :P :mrgreen:
    Hey everybody! My name is Roxygirl9797 but you can call me RoxyIve been a playing since the Sims 2 came out and became a member of this site a couple days after the Sims 3 came out! Ive always enjoyed watching others compete for prizes on this Forum and was hoping I could become an active part of the community by entering in some of them

Hiya Roxy, we'd love to have you join in, so pull up a chair and chill ;)
    just try and keep me away from a thread with food and cider.
    I'm frn and i've been here since the dawn of time.
    oh and hi to you all.

OMG! Hiya Fran my dear friend, where have you been hiding out? Gosh I so miss our old simpages so much :( I miss all the chats. Hope all is great with you hon...squishy hugz ;)

Hiya Demen, welcome and nice to meet you. hope to see you join in the fun ;)
    dhay773

Nevermind.

:(Awwwe come back dhay, we promise not to bite :wink:
    How-do everyone! This is a great thread - I think introductions are a fantastic way to bring the community together.

I'm a definite lurker, but I've been playing Sims since the original one came out (does that make me old?) and I've been a member of the forum since 2009.

I got tired of playing my game (had a long legacy of vampires going), so I came to check out the forum again. I enjoy interior designing (any design competitions going right now?), but I just entered my first building competition (and I've been buried in tutorials for the past two days) hosted by Skymyst. I'm finding that building, especially landscaping, is my weak point.

I love checking out everyone's work - there are some very talented people on this forum!

Glad to meet ya'll!

Hiya aricarai, welcome and nice to meet you. You will be acing all facets of building in no time at all hon, tutorials work amazing fetes ;)

I've been waiting for a thread like this!! (:
    Hello My name is Eunique, pronounced U-Nique I've been apart of the sims 3 community since 2010 but i didn't become active till a few weeks ago. I was always afraid to post on the forums because well i'm new so i never thought people would take an interest in me anyways But here lately i have made alot new friends! And alot of people have made me feel so welcome. I don't have alot of friends that play sims IRL and it's nice to know that there are people out there that play regularly just like I do. I never thought about posting in the Gift gathering forum because i always thought it was for the "richer" simmers and I didn't belong here. But I gave it a look and i found out that not everyone has 4829323 simpoints. Everyone is just nice and giving and i find that so fantastic. It's really good that there are good people on the forums and on the sims 3 website in general i just want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone that has made me feel welcomed to the site.

Hi Eunique, I just adore your name. Not only is it unique but it is beautiful as well :D Funny how we think alike as far as the GG goes, because I thought I didn't belong in this section at all at first myself. But I can honestly tell you that you haven't made a wrong turn hon because this is by far the best part of the forums ever. So welcome and don't be afraid to just dive right in ;)

Hiya Shawanda, and another pretty and unique name ;) Welcome to the online community hon, you came to the right place here in the GG, so hope you enjoy your stay with us ;)

*Stands up and clears throat*

Hello.... my name is Mashelle and I am a simaholic o.o

I have entered a few contests and been around for a little while, but I am not really well known by anyone. Probably because, as in real life, I have a hard time putting myself out there. BUT I am trying to work on that!

I have a really hard time keeping up with the constant post updates, but bare with me I am trying I plan on being around for a while, so I figured I would make a formal introduction HI!

Hiya Mashelle and lol, welcome and me thinks we are all simaholics :P :mrgreen: Glad to see you putting yourself out here now and hope you continue to do so and make lots of friends ;)

OK my sails are outta wind now, so back to simming :P huggies ;)
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Roxygirl9797Roxygirl9797 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2012
    aricarai wrote:

I'm a definite lurker, but I've been playing Sims since the original one came out (does that make me old?) :-) and I've been a member of the forum since 2009.

Glad to meet ya'll!

Yes there are some competititions! Im signed up in one where you decorate a house shell already built for you to win Lucky Palms! Ive enjoyed it a lot and it doesnt end till July 30 ~

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/557269.page

Not sure if thats the exact kind of competition you were talking about but just to make sure there's the link :)
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the list Roxygirl!
    edited July 2012
    I would really be a happy camper... if people would join in here...

anette.jpg

perfect spot to praktis throwing... building ... sim makeing...pet makeing... you name it we got it...

not to mention... chatting... nomming...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited July 2012
    anettesb wrote:

anette.jpg

perfect spot to praktis throwing... building ... sim makeing...pet makeing... you name it we got it...

I Love the banner Anette! I did post a link to this directory on the first page!
    edited July 2012
    Blythelyre wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

anette.jpg

I Love the banner Anette! I did post a link to this directory on the first page!

KLB made it....

I'm just pokeing... we got so few makeing the entry form.... and I would like more .... many more... really we have 4 or 5... 2 of them from Illusie...
  • litchkinglitchking Posts: 127 New Member
    edited July 2012
    HI!!!

My name is Rochelle. I've been playing since sims 2 and i just can't get enough!
  • InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hello! I'm InvisibleLyndz but you can call me Lyndsey :mrgreen:

I'm probably not classed as a "newbie" but I'm definitely a "lurker" (as you can probably tell from my post count!)

So I'd like to jump in and introduce myself, and to say hi ... so, HELLO :lol:
    edited July 2012
    Hi Rochelle! Welcome!
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hello one and all.

My name is Ernesa but I also answer to Sweet Tea, General and Empress.

I've been simming since the original Sims. I've been on the forums for about that long too. My forum name has been the same from TS1 until now. It will probably stay the same for TS4.

I didn't become active in this forum until November/December 2011. Before that, I was on all the other forums. I was having such a great time here that I forgot the others for a while.

I am a true simaholic and don't mind sharing what I know with others. I like meeting new people. More importantly, I love the friends I've made here.

I hope you all will make this one of your homes. I also hope you won't hold it against me if I use you for target practice. :twisted:

Happy Simming!
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited July 2012
    Hello Lyndsey!!

Welcome! I'm glad you decided not to lurk, but to say something!
  • makinmagic58makinmagic58 Posts: 342 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hello everyone! I'm makinmagic58. I really don't care what you call me, but most people refer to me as makinmagic. I have been around for a while but I really didn't start posting on the forums until very recently. I'm still kind of a lurker but I have been posting more often. I hope to become a little more well known in the community and post more uploads and make some SimFriends as well. I've played all the Sims games (Every expansion for the first, most for the second, and only two stuff packs for the third) and I am an avid fan of SimCity as well, so you can count on me to help you with most stuff. I hope to meet lots of people on this wonderful forum!
  • LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited July 2012
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    Hiya Pauline, welcome and nice to meet you ;) Hahaha yes you did say it, as well all read it :P Hon IDK if you realize it or not, but the majority of creators are so called middle agers and even older (me being one of them), so yes you are among the average creators my dear friend :mrgreen: You will find lots of friends and plenty of chatter hereas well my dear, lol :P :mrgreen:

OMG, Terry ... You just put the BIGGEST, CHEESIEST GRIN on my face!!! :D:D:D I'm not the only "oldie but goodie" among the youngsters! :shock: Don't get me wrong ... I still act like a 20-something most of the time. My brain is still young, even though my body vehemently disagrees. :evil: LOL.
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited July 2012
    @LilyParker~ Thanks so much for the encouragement! :D I just signed up for my first contest yesterday hosted by Bethany20112 to decorate a house shell and im so excited!

Yay, Roxy! You go, girl! It IS exciting!!! :D I'm going to send you a FR. Keep me posted on how you're doing with the contest and in general. I love to encourage people. I only have a few friends here so far, but they're wonderful and very encouraging as well.
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.