Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Rainbowcies Worth Doing?

Well, I have these rainbow skintones in my downloads folder....And rainbowcies certainly do look interesting...
I just wondered if they're worth playing? And are there any 'official' rules for them other than starting with a neutral coloured sim and having kids with berries?

Comments

• kissedbyangelskissedbyangels Posts: 931
    edited July 2012
    Many people probably use the original rules unless the are doing a combo like myself.

I am currently doing one and I can't wait to see what the genetics will turn out to be.
  • Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited July 2012
    As far as I know the Rainbowacy is just a twist on any legacy...I am doing a randomacy with a rainbow twist for visual interest and naming the kids is fun :-D

I enjoy them...but its more like frosting than cake...by its self, they are just sugary colors but with legacy rules (the cake) it can be tasty.
  • shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited July 2012
    Following the rules depends on if you are going to do a "challenge" or just write a story. I pretty much just write a story, and use Rainbowcy as my medium. I don't follow the rules, really, except for start with a neutral colored sim and breed in color. That's it. If you do a challenge I believe that they follow the usual legacy challenge rules (for whatever challenge you pick. Regular Legacy, Matriarchy/Patriarchy, DitFT, etc.(
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • NightlockFallenNightlockFallen Posts: 4,789 Member
    edited July 2012
    Rainbowcies are indeed really fun to do ^_^.
    You could play by the regular legacy rules, although you don't have to. I write mine as a story. You don't even have to start with a neutral color berry if you don't want to - like, with my rainbowcy. My rainbowcy foundress was pink.

I find them very fun. But...that's just me xD
    14181261758_70864aa285_o.png