Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error after updating to 1.34 what can i do?

i updated my game to 1.34 and then it said error for more info check log, i have un-installed and re-installed and still got the error, and i even tried to open the game without the launcher and i got another message saying i couldn't play the game :( what can i do? any help is appreciated thanks :)

Comments

• extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited June 2012
    error 012 or 016?
  • thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited June 2012
    Which Error message did you get?
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • pringtjoepringtjoe Posts: 496 New Member
    edited June 2012
    this is what it says...There was an error during start up, please see log for more details
    edited June 2012
    Try restarting youc computer first and see if that fixes it.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
    edited June 2012
    i restarted it about 5 times lol
  • extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited June 2012
    oh, I see, not an error trying to save.

well, ...here goes the obvious question first...

Did you remove all the CC before you upgraded? [including all the CC from the official Sims 3 store]
    edited June 2012
    Is the Disk in? I have never heard of anyone just getting an error message.

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
    edited June 2012
    no i didn't remove anything i just done the update, i never remove anything before an update and it has never done anything like this before, i have digital downloads but i have the base game disk and it still wont let me play and expansion packs
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hi,

As a test, you can try removing your player data files before relaunching the game. To do so, navigate to the following location:

Documents/Electronic Arts

Now move (not copy) the folder named The Sims 3 to your desktop. Attempt to run the game.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • NyiahNyiah Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    Hi pringtjoe! I'm having this problem as well. When you try to pass the launcher, do you get something like: "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x6224dd27)" or thereabouts?

Like you, I didn't remove downloads before patching because I've never had problems! I guess there's a first time for everything.

I am trying to avoid reinstall, but am running out of options. The following hasn't worked for me, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it anyway?
    - Deleting game, world and virtual store caches; removing all Custom Content; Running as administrator; Deleting contents of DC Backup and DCC Cache; Moving Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 3 to desktop; Performing disk cleanup and disk defrag; updating Origin.

I hope you find a fix because I'd love one as well. :lol:
    edited July 2012
    Nyiah wrote:
    Hi pringtjoe! I'm having this problem as well. When you try to pass the launcher, do you get something like: "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x6224dd27)" or thereabouts?

Like you, I didn't remove downloads before patching because I've never had problems! I guess there's a first time for everything.

I am trying to avoid reinstall, but am running out of options. The following hasn't worked for me, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it anyway?
    - Deleting game, world and virtual store caches; removing all Custom Content; Running as administrator; Deleting contents of DC Backup and DCC Cache; Moving Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 3 to desktop; Performing disk cleanup and disk defrag; updating Origin.

I hope you find a fix because I'd love one as well. :lol:

hey yeh i got the same message too initialization failed it doesn't make sense, i will be very annoyed if i can't play sims again after all the money i have spent on it