Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'll be waiting for mods.

The Sims 3 Supernatural seems like an epic game. I'd love it if it wasn't for my dissapointment with the demographics. I know there are many people who love the zombies but they seem pointless in this EP. :/ I mean... they only stay a zombie for so long and revert back to a normal sim? What is the point in that? Plus you can't control the zombie population. You could fill your town with them and find out they all just disppeared. It'd take alot of work to fill the town with zombies even with using cheats. *sigh*
*Patiently awaits for mod to control zombie apocalypse*
I know its a whiner thread but this is what made the EP for me and others.
I seriously like mastercontroller better than this new system. It's more advanced. :/ :oops: :(

Comments

• Pandora189Pandora189 Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited June 2012
    There is supposedly a potion for perminate zombies, or at least zombies that stay zombies until cured by a potion. I'm worried for people who don't want zombies at all, since there's an outbreak each full moon.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have decided (I hate zombies..movies, books, games, etc) that if I must live with this stupidity of must have in game idea that EA has decided..I will delete every single one I see until Twallan or someone makes a mod to make them non-existence in my game.

I could care a less if my town had zero people in it at this rate, but I feel disappointed that these things have to be in said game..For those that like them I am happy for you truely, but us that don't ...well...it is not nice of EA to do this.
  • BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited June 2012
    gamekitten wrote:
    I have decided (I hate zombies..movies, books, games, etc) that if I must live with this stupidity of must have in game idea that EA has decided..I will delete every single one I see until Twallan or someone makes a mod to make them non-existence in my game.

I could care a less if my town had zero people in it at this rate, but I feel disappointed that these things have to be in said game..For those that like them I am happy for you truely, but us that don't ...well...it is not nice of EA to do this.
    @pandora & gamekitten- that's another reason they should allow you to have zombies or not in your town. Because it's kinda like a life-state in the game and you should be able to control if you'd like it or not. I'd love to have my entire town with zombies... some wouldn't even want one near their town. It's just one of the major parts that was left out. For reasons uknown. I feel that if we add a whole population of them story progression(which I love to have will have to disable that and get a mod so it won't do this) will take them out or move them out of town.
  • VictoriousSimmerVictoriousSimmer Posts: 2,715
    edited June 2012
    I'm pretty sure I'll just be turning zomies off in my game. I don't want them anywhere near my sims!
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited June 2012
    Well if it is going to be like celebrities and vampires now..that makes me sad..

I am working on my candy fairy (yes she has a gingerbread house) in lucky palms..I kid you not that 85% of the population there is celebrities and vampires..It is just overran with these types. My candy fairy talked on the computer (I hate the social need) and got two stars..X_x..So I had to turn off the Pazzes with one of twallans mods..

I fear the zombie fans will get their wish with overran towns of zombies.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited June 2012
    gamekitten wrote:
    Well if it is going to be like celebrities and vampires now..that makes me sad..

I am working on my candy fairy (yes she has a gingerbread house) in lucky palms..I kid you not that 85% of the population there is celebrities and vampires..It is just overran with these types. My candy fairy talked on the computer (I hate the social need) and got two stars..X_x..So I had to turn off the Pazzes with one of twallans mods..

there is some kind of control a guru stated its an on off type switch for each type of supernatural and the celebs (and vamps)

also you can make perma zombie from CAS if im not mistaken that was one of the ways they mentions in the live chat
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited June 2012
    peoinee wrote:
    gamekitten wrote:

there is some kind of control a guru stated its an on off type switch for each type of supernatural and the celebs (and vamps)

also you can make perma zombie from CAS if im not mistaken that was one of the ways they mentions in the live chat

You can't make zombies in CAS. But there are ways to make permanent zombies in game and this has been confirmed many times.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited June 2012
    peoinee wrote:
    gamekitten wrote:

You can't make zombies in CAS. But there are ways to make permanent zombies in game and this has been confirmed many times.
    i could have sworn is saw zombie in the scene showing how to create your creatures in cas ill have to go watch it again to see if im seeing something else
  • KSkyeeSims12KSkyeeSims12 Posts: 930
    edited June 2012
    You know you can control the population of the Supernaturals right dude o-o
  • Zarah888Zarah888 Posts: 329
    edited June 2012

Not zombies. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/555815.page
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited June 2012
    I can control the full moon so I'll just never have the full moon I hate zombie apoclaypse crap minus PVZ
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • cajo5cajo5 Posts: 1,359
    edited June 2012
    That is only one way that you can be turned into a zombie. They even said that during the live chat.
  • rebecca707rebecca707 Posts: 2,123 New Member
    edited July 2012
    although I wont have any zombies in my household, (exept maybe a pet in the basment) I think it would be quiete funny if you a zombie just casually walking around town, though if all my town becomes zombies, im just getting rid of that save, because i do not want an apocolypse, (although I think that you can be safe from zombies pretty easily)
  • ezeliastarsongezeliastarsong Posts: 799 Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't know about you guys, but zombies making their appearance again is just fine by me. I don't know why they're not so loved :c I think it's awesome *hides*
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't know about you guys, but zombies making their appearance again is just fine by me. I don't know why they're not so loved :c I think it's awesome *hides*
    I love them too. I actually want my town to be overrun with them! :lol:

That said, I realize they aren't for everyone... Or every town/story, at the very least. As such, there should be some sort of control for this, but even if EA doesn't add one I am sure there will be a mod very soon after release.
  • Clle1PClle1P Posts: 18 New Member
    edited July 2012
    You can have permanent zombies. The they stated that numerous times, and there's also different kind of ways to make zombies, not just the elixirs.
    By the way if you don't want your sim to become zombies, it's not really that hard to avoid them... They're slow.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited July 2012
    Clle1P wrote:
    By the way if you don't want your sim to become zombies, it's not really that hard to avoid them... They're slow.

But I don't want to have to deal with getting rid of something I don't want in my game when people have the option to turn off what they don't like. It wastes time I could be spending playing my game and playing what I want if I have to spend my time getting rid of something they should have installed a switch to remove.
  • YumedustYumedust Posts: 572 Member
    edited July 2012
    *sigh* You can't please everybody... As another Simmer mentioned, Zombies are slow, and should be easy to avoid. If I remember correctly, there is an elixir/potion that can remove the Zombie life-state. Yes, it may take time, yes, it may be aggravating. OR... you could teach yourself how to mod and remove them on your own? I'm not trying to sound rude. I'm not partial to Zombies, either, but I'm not going to throw a fit that I can't completely turn them off when there are alternatives in removing them, even if it may take some time.
  • EvezanEvezan Posts: 773
    edited July 2012
    Zarah888 wrote:

Yes Zombies. That article you showed only said it will not be a checkbox. But it clearly said you will be able to control their population.
  • Senesi2003Senesi2003 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I am looking forward to zombies myself. Love zombie everything! However I have to agree I don't want them taking over all towns, so I am glad if we can control population however that may be. I am also looking forward to having one town with a full on Zombie Apocalypse with a few families struggling to "survive". :mrgreen:
  • ratbag112112ratbag112112 Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Evezan wrote:
    Zarah888 wrote:

Yes Zombies. That article you showed only said it will not be a checkbox. But it clearly said you will be able to control their population.

Voted from Link:
    would like to know if a zombie population slider will be included with the rest of the sliders? In the chat celebrity sliders and vampire, werewolve, ect. sliders were mentioned, but not zombies! Sorry if this is repetitive

Answer – The population control settings are on/off checkboxes and not sliders. Zombies are not one of the Sim types that you can control from the new settings. If you are interested in having more or less zombies in your world there are other ways that their population can be effected, such as using your Sims to turn other Sims into zombies through the new “brains” interaction. Also look for zombies to appear in the world on a full moon, those zombies will be cured the following morning. Sims can also make elixirs that create or cure zombies, therefore increasing or reducing the amount that you have in the world.

The problem with this is, making more is easy enough, but the idea of actually putting effort by taking your sims out of their routines to remove them each full moon or just plainly trying to 'skip' the full moon.

Full moon looks awesome. You could have some really nice scenes and seems to effect most sims.

Let's say though, you wanted to recreate a 'twlight' scene (since everyone knows that) .... so you have werewolves changing at a full moon and just have to deal with the zombies in the background? Are you just supposed to use cheats to reset affected sims without taking out your controlled sims?

As a one off, I like the idea of zombies, but not being a fan it's going to get annoying real fast.
    edited July 2012
    Evezan wrote:
    Zarah888 wrote:

Voted from Link:
    would like to know if a zombie population slider will be included with the rest of the sliders? In the chat celebrity sliders and vampire, werewolve, ect. sliders were mentioned, but not zombies! Sorry if this is repetitive

Answer – The population control settings are on/off checkboxes and not sliders. Zombies are not one of the Sim types that you can control from the new settings. If you are interested in having more or less zombies in your world there are other ways that their population can be effected, such as using your Sims to turn other Sims into zombies through the new “brains” interaction. Also look for zombies to appear in the world on a full moon, those zombies will be cured the following morning. Sims can also make elixirs that create or cure zombies, therefore increasing or reducing the amount that you have in the world.

The problem with this is, making more is easy enough, but the idea of actually putting effort by taking your sims out of their routines to remove them each full moon or just plainly trying to 'skip' the full moon.

Full moon looks awesome. You could have some really nice scenes and seems to effect most sims.

Let's say though, you wanted to recreate a 'twlight' scene (since everyone knows that) .... so you have werewolves changing at a full moon and just have to deal with the zombies in the background? Are you just supposed to use cheats to reset affected sims without taking out your controlled sims?

As a one off, I like the idea of zombies, but not being a fan it's going to get annoying real fast.

Not everyone likes ghosts. They show up nearly every night. Not everything in the game will be ideal. EA will make the game the way they want to. For things that you loathe or just do not care for, get mods. That's what people did with Sims 2.
  • ratbag112112ratbag112112 Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I like a smooth game so I haven't and won't be getting mods if I can help it.
    Good point though - If zombies were like ghosts (whom i don't seem to see in my games) then I have nothing to worry about

EDIT - thought i still wonder how badly this full moon zombie stuff will effect the game. Will we just need to stay away from graveyards or are they going to be a few blocks from the house?
    edited July 2012
    I like a smooth game so I haven't and won't be getting mods if I can help it.
    Good point though - If zombies were like ghosts (whom i don't seem to see in my games) then I have nothing to worry about

EDIT - thought i still wonder how badly this full moon zombie stuff will effect the game. Will we just need to stay away from graveyards or are they going to be a few blocks from the house?

I like a smooth game too. Late Night brought a tremendous amount of lag for me by spawning vehicles in Sims inventories. There are also more slow down things in the game that mods do help to clean up and allow the game to run smoother.

But if yours runs smooth without mods that is awesome and I am somewhat jealous. I will always have mods myself though.
  • vicci3434vicci3434 Posts: 16
    edited September 2012
    Mod the sims now has an updated mod to get rid of most of the zombies. Also I found a lovely way around this, I moved a genie into my home who banishes all of the zombies and its pretty fun to see them zoom to the other side of my world. I hate the zombies on the full moon because they dont do anything, there's so many of them that its pointless to make one. They are almost as annoying as ghosts but now I just use them as practice for my fairy and my witch. Whenever I see one I curse them or play a fairy trick then banish them when I get tired or run out of magic. Or you could just delete them like someone said before. ^^