Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog won't move and another question

I turned on the game and no matter what I try my sim's dog will not move, I tried resetsim but all that happened was a thought bubble appeared over her head. How do I fix this.

Also, my other game (five friends living together) keeps freezing every 30 seconds-2 minutes. I cleared my DCBackup folder, which made the game run more smoothly, with the exception of constant freezes. How do I fix this?

Comments

• Options
    KizzyLoveKizzyLove Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited June 2012
    As far as the stuck dog, are you sure you did it right? Say the dog's name is maxwell rover. The code should be "resetsim maxwell rover" right?
  • Options
    CutieKittyCutieKitty Posts: 615
    edited June 2012
    KizzyLove wrote:
    As far as the stuck dog, are you sure you did it right? Say the dog's name is maxwell rover. The code should be "resetsim maxwell rover" right?

oh, I didn't put rover, I'll try that :shock:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It's not working. She's just... there. I can select her, put in commands, but the pooch will not move at all. resetsims rover didn't work :(
  • Options
    SimFanAJSimFanAJ Posts: 2,755 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think KizzyLove was just using "maxwell rover" as an example name. :wink:

What is your dogs full name?

1stsiggy_zpsa76c2175.png
  • Options
    KizzyLoveKizzyLove Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited June 2012
    Yes it was just a made up name.

resetsim [the first name] [the last name]

Does that make sense?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    KizzyLove wrote:
    Yes it was just a made up name.

resetsim [the first name] [the last name]

Does that make sense?

Yes, I know what you meant :P

The Dog's name is Lassie (no, it's not a collie, though collie's are cute... then again, I find most dogs cute), I tried 'resetsim Lassie rover', but it didn't work. I ended up deleting that game anyways and starting a new one (although that game just froze and I lost everything :(, I had just finished building her house too). My game has been so glitchy lately that I can barely play it without getting frustrated as something goes wonky on it. *sigh* Doesn't help that real life has been really crazy as well, so I've just been frustrated at a lot of things lately. Just wish the game would work so I could have a bit of fun.
  • Options
    evilkyttievilkytti Posts: 2,854 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Does she have a last name too?
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited June 2012
    The freezing may be caused by you zooming in and out, I have this problem every once in a while, too. Try not zooming at all for a while and see if it still freezes.
  • Options
    Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'd get a new dog.
  • Options
    KayleeKobraKidKayleeKobraKid Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2012
    I had the same problem with my cat the other day, she would move her head but that was it. I had tried canceling the action and even had my sim try to hold her. The only thing that worked was to give my cat up for adoption and adopt her back into the house. Thats what worked for my sim cat. Sorry I'm not of much help. :oops:

CutieKitty I hope that everything works out!
  • Options
    CruciferaeCruciferae Posts: 2 New Member
    I tried to reset and do different activities, make house roomier etc. Finally I tried to give it to adoption but it was still broken and couldnt even be given away.

BuT! I got a computer and split the household, sent the dog to other house and then sent it back and it works and we are happily together again!
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top