Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baking/candy making please!

SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
I know I've seen a thread once or twice on here. But I really want a Baking option, and a Catering Career.

Making Cupcakes,(being able to mix own batter) such as choosing pop for a cola cupcake, having a Chocolate icing with a watermelon flavor. (kinda like mixing our drinks for Night Life. only with more choosing and is inspired by Cupcake Wars)

Cookies having several types, such as oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, peanut butter. Brownies and fudge.

And most can be compacted into their own tiny books. "Giant book of cakes" "Cookies Galore" "Brownies extreme" "NOW YOU can cook like the Muffin man!" And throwing in candy making book wouldn't be a bad idea. Such as hard candy, lollipops, etc. Which can throw back to "Sweet Treats" for the title.

Catering, would mainly be, "So and So, wants to hire you for a job, bring a sample of your work!" Which your sim would take something over for them to try. "They loved it!They want to hire you for so and so's Party!" Which could be birthday, wedding, bachelors. Which you would have to make a cake, and a meal. For birthdays, you have to make a Birthday cake, and for Weddings, it has to be a wedding cake. But the main servings of food, would be up to your choosing.

No idea how I would go about with the Tiers of the Job though...

Comments

• MissJaYdi3MissJaYdi3 Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2012
    Salanti wrote:
    I know I've seen a thread once or twice on here. But I really want a Baking option, and a Catering Career.

Making Cupcakes,(being able to mix own batter) such as choosing pop for a cola cupcake, having a Chocolate icing with a watermelon flavor. (kinda like mixing our drinks for Night Life. only with more choosing and is inspired by Cupcake Wars)

Cookies having several types, such as oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, peanut butter. Brownies and fudge.

And most can be compacted into their own tiny books. "Giant book of cakes" "Cookies Galore" "Brownies extreme" "NOW YOU can cook like the Muffin man!" And throwing in candy making book wouldn't be a bad idea. Such as hard candy, lollipops, etc. Which can throw back to "Sweet Treats" for the title.

Catering, would mainly be, "So and So, wants to hire you for a job, bring a sample of your work!" Which your sim would take something over for them to try. "They loved it!They want to hire you for so and so's Party!" Which could be birthday, wedding, bachelors. Which you would have to make a cake, and a meal. For birthdays, you have to make a Birthday cake, and for Weddings, it has to be a wedding cake. But the main servings of food, would be up to your choosing.

This would be awesome :mrgreen:
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I really like this!! :mrgreen::wink:
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited June 2012
    Maybe the clients would have spefic tatses? Like they are allergic to sea food or can't stand spicy stuff Or they love spicy stuff.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited June 2012
    I would love to have baking in the game! Cooking and baking are kind of mixed together in TS3 I think. The only way to make cupcakes now in the game is the little kid oven, I think.
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2012
    I am so signing this . ive wanted baking for ages .

you could have different breads ,cakes, pastries ,tars,pies, all kinds of things
  • HonourrHonourr Posts: 257 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I love this idea!!
  • didiruvalcabadidiruvalcaba Posts: 294
    edited June 2012
    Salanti wrote:

This is why I don't want TS4 to come out EA can do so much with TS3 I say EA give more than 10 EP's and 10 SP's!
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited June 2012
    I could have sworn when KPST came out that we were getting an Easy Bake Oven Premium Content item at the Store, that would add a new Skill/Career for Baking, with a new Trait like Sweet Tooth for swets lovers and Health Conscious for silly people who don't like junk food. I would ave bet money on it. Sufice to say, when KPST came out and we got that silly $60 Mystery Bundle pack instead, I was very disappointed. :roll: :lol:
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2012
    Love the ideas.

At this point, I am willing to see anything new in the food department. I would definitely like to see more recipes utilizing the new crops such as the bananas and carrots.

I believe coffeefreak also had an excellent list of items of food that could be added.
  • BeachGirl6747BeachGirl6747 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I love this idea! I would love to see cake decorating as a part of this too. When a Sim starts out, their cakes would look all lopsided and plain and the better they get, the better their cakes look.
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited June 2012
    This is a very cute little idea and different from the other ideas. I really feel they should've added this Catering career in Ambitions. Maybe if we get a Freetime EP, they'll add it in there as a hobby/career option. In fact, they need to make a Freetime EP because ideas like this are fun and could add to hobbies and stuff.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2012
    this would be a good start for Baking recipes

Baked Alaska
    Dutch Apple Pie
    Taramasu
    Lemon Tart
    Apple Tatine
    Upsidown Cake
    Lemon Bars
    Eclairs
    Paris-Breast
    Danish
    Cinnamon Rolls
    Cardamom Coffee Cake
    Rye Bread
    SourDough ( your sim would need to have a starter for this )
    Focaccia Bread
    Baguette
    Pond Cake
    Red Velvet cake
    Angel food cake
    Carrot cake
    CheeseCake
    Chiffon Cakes
    Genoises cakes
    Wedding cake
    Bear Claw
    Baklava